~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-27-2006, 01:26 AM   #702
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

*moothug for Shah and dog*
Old 02-27-2006, 02:45 AM   #703
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

well, I came back. I went in for a visit and there the fellow was, swathed in blankets, neck shaved and needles in him. On a cathader (spelling?) with tubes and **** going in an out of him. When we came into the room, my mother brother and i, he was so happy. But he was too weak to really move. Eyes all bloodshot an everythin. we were petting him, an talking ot him, ad he was listening, an looking at us. Put his head in my brothers lap, and in mine.... he tried to get up a few times. He didnt look like he was in pain.

his look was like "well ****, i'm sick." he wasnt in pain or anything, just real tired. He didnt look like he wanted to die. then we had to leave, cau they wouldnt let me or my brother stay in the corner. said they had treatments to do for other animals an bs like that. He tried to follow us out, and he was like what? why you leaving? dont leave. then they finally had to close the cage doors. I heard him whine and it killed me. ****, i'm crying now. actually crying. i havent cried in years.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:52 AM   #704
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Oh... *moothug*
Old 02-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #705
katya
Elven Maiden

*moothug*
Old 02-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #706
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
My heart goes out to you and im so sorry to hear that. I wasnt allowed to have a dog when i was kid and I just got one about 4 yrs ago and i couldnt imagine having to go through that. I knew nothing of death until i was 16 and a friend of mine fell into the river off a dam and drown in front of me and there was nothing i could do about it. Now it seems like it follows me everywhere i go. There has been atleast one or two people im close to that have died every year since then and i always seem to talk to them the day it happens. Sometimes i feel cursed. I understand it is just the way life is but it never seems to get any easier. Just this last year our area got hit with a nasty flood and there was a summer program to help clean it up. I joined it because there was a grant given to college students to help them pay off loans and what not. My crew chief was 72 yrs old and was one of the most active seniors i have ever meet in my life. One day i woke up and didnt feel like doing in that day and called him and told him it was way to nice out for me to work and he told me it was to bad because he was going to let me go nuts with the chain saw. I got a phone call later that day saying he had a heart attack and passed away. There was no one on there that knew CPR and all they could do was wait for an abulance to arrive. I know CPR. Wow, i just noticed how much ive just written. I'll stop and with my last sentence let my vent out.

I hate death!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:53 AM   #707
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farimir Captain of Gondor
One day i woke up and didnt feel like doing in that day and called him and told him it was way to nice out for me to work and he told me it was to bad because he was going to let me go nuts with the chain saw. I got a phone call later that day saying he had a heart attack and passed away. There was no one on there that knew CPR and all they could do was wait for an abulance to arrive. I know CPR. Wow, i just noticed how much ive just written. I'll stop and with my last sentence let my vent out.
I can understand how you felt but I really think YOU were not supposed to be there. It was probably his time and while sad, it wasn't meant for you to try and save him.

Death isn't my favorite thing.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #708
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Nor is it mine. But it seems to like me very much. I've had many people I care for die infront of me...but my dog just drove me over the edge. I just got back, we put him to sleep. We had a false hope over night because he seemed to have improved. But he got worse this morning.

That was the most pathetic sight I have yet to lay eyes on. Silly though it may seem. When I saw him all shaved and on the table...he wagged his tail when we came in by the way, he reminded me of Aslan on the stone table. Fancy that. He was like a big lion when living, same color, only he was a short hair. Oh god I feel like such an ass hole.

I know that terrible feeling of helplessness. I hate that almost as much as I hate death. The feeling that there is something I love that I can do nothing for, and have to watch them slip through my fingers. I have had that with humans and animals that
I was foolish enough to hold dear. And I have had the feeling that, "****, if I were there this wouldnt have happened" on numerous occasions. The one god damn time I am not somewhere hell breaks loose.

George's kidney faliure came about from an infection Liptosomethingorus. The term escapes me at the moment, but it comes from some contaminant getting into the bloodstream by either ingesting or getting it directly.

I think I know how he got it. Not that long ago, maybe a week or two, he got into a fight with some goddamn raccoon. Scratched the **** out of him, and we cleaned him up, took him to the vet, and they said that they found nothing wrong with him. I know my dog didnt go out and drink no contaminated waer, cause I watch him like a hawk and there aren't places for puddles to form in our back yard. We are about 90% certain that the raccoon caused it.

It makes sense too. How else would a healthy 5 almost 6 year old dog just suddenly get an infection?

And on top of this, I have an anatomy test in 20 minutes.....what a *****y year this has turned out to be.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #709
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

The year is yet young, Shah. Its still only February. Life is full of difficult sh**, but good sh** happens, too, every once in a while. It better, right? Or why would we want to bother keeping on going? My heart goes out to you; that would have cracked me, if I had to leave my dog like that. How incredibly sad.

And you, too Farimir. My heart goes out to you, too. Jaysus, too much death around here. This thread is so depressing.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #710
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Well, you generally dont vent about happy things, now do you? I feel like an asshole. And personally this year aint gonna get any better. Too many deaths already, I just really want to get drunk and forget about it. After thsi ****ing test which I think that I will probably not do good on, i'm just gonna go pay a visit to Neil and have a few.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #711
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You know that Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails song, "Hurt?" I happen to be listening to it right now, but the version that Johnny Cash covers. I prefer Trent's original. Anyway, it reminds me of this thread...

Old 02-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #712
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Off I march to my doom...
Old 02-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #713
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
You know that Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails song, "Hurt?" I happen to be listening to it right now, but the version that Johnny Cash covers. I prefer Trent's original. Anyway, it reminds me of this thread...
.. i like that song. haven't heard the johnny cash version though.

i'm currently listening to REM's Everybody Hurts, and i think that one goes into this thread pretty well too..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page

Last edited by Nerdanel : 02-27-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #714
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*Moothugs for all who are hurting*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #715
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

....boy I could use a nice cup of mulled wine and some toasted walnuts right now......maybe I can find Rian to join me.

I know, it's more of a teacup thing.

Last edited by Spock : 02-27-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #716
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I remember that when my grandma died, it was real tough on me because it was my first experience with death. And worse still my frelling relatives kept telling me what to say, what not to say, etc.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #717
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
....boy I could use a nice cup of mulled wine and some toasted walnuts right now......maybe I can find Rian to join me.
I'm back now, on and off, when free from homework help and kid taxiing and dropping off a dinner at a friend's house (she started chemo last week )

That mulled wine sounds great!!!!! And I love walnuts - yum!!

anti-vent : dinner is ready! I did a crock pot beef stew - did all the cutting and stuff this morning and now I'm just smellin' it and it's all ready I did a double batch - one for my friend and her family, and one for us.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 02-27-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:44 PM   #718
BeardofPants
the Shrike

We all seem to be having runs of bad luck lately, must be something in the water. Sympathies Sane, I just lost my opa to cancer, so I can relate to your pain.

Well, if the passing of my opa, and the kidney infection weren't enough, I get back to work, and whilst I was on bereavement leave, some co-workers broke into the building, busted into my computer and my direct manager's, copied off some personal emails, and are now using them to attempt to get me disciplined (I had sent her an email offering to help her out with her election, as her term is an elected one, and apparently there's a rule that says that I'm not allowed to... despite the fact that it was on a weekend, and IN MY OWN TIME.) There you go. You know that the universe is frelled if your own UNION DELEGATES dob you in to management just because I was helping out a friend instead of backing their own slimy candidate.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:48 PM   #719
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Jeez, BoP, you too? I have it easy lately, compared to you & Shah. My sympathies to you re: the passing of your opa, and I sure hope your kidney woes get better soon, too.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #720
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Thanks Lotesse. All this can only make me stronger right? Besides I've been getting lots of practice at stickin' me fingers in me ears and goin' *LALALALALALALA*