Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #701
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Yup! Monday I had his class, and then he wasnt there Tuesday, and on Wednesday when I had his class again, we had a sub, Mr. Liberto. Mr. Liberto became a perminent sub last year for an english teacher and he is going to take over Norman's classes this year. I am really excited because I like him, and he already knows my name haha, I hate it when teachers dont know my name, bothers me for some reason.
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
Old 10-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #702
Mari
Elf Lady

Yes, I know.
I mean, I understand that they have a lot of kids to teach, but I really don't like them not knowing my name or at least my face.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 10-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #703
katya
Elven Maiden

I had this really excellent history teacher for a class a couple years ago. Must've been 100 kids in that class, but he still greets me by name when I see him around campus. I wish I needed some other classes of his.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #704
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Yeah, It just bothers me.
So, How are you, Mari? Katya?

twitter
Old 10-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #705
Mari
Elf Lady

Good. Have to work tomorrow and I'm not really up for it and on Saturday I have semifinals to attend, plus the entire weekend is about my sister turning 20.
So I have to bake cakes etc.
In short, not much time to relax.
But I did get my sister a great present. She'll love Nate! (She'd better! >_<)

You?

Last edited by Mari : 10-30-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #706
katya
Elven Maiden

I'm good, just a little tired. It's Halloween weekend and I have two papers to write! I don't think the one will be too hard (a compare contrast on Brave New World and M.T. Anderson's Feed, both really good books!), but the social psychology one I'm not looking forward too so much. I just want to sit around and finish reading Twilight. *pout* ...Which I'm going to do now anyway so then I can concentrate on my homework. How are you, Link? Mari?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #707
Mari
Elf Lady

Social psychology? Can I help please? *puppy eyes*
Sounds very interesting!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #708
katya
Elven Maiden

It is very interesting, I just have a lot of reading to do. It's all about child development for this paper, so please turn into a young child and let me watch you interact. I can do it on myself or on children I observe, but I don't have anyone to observe and I can't remember everything from my own childhood (though I remember a lot).
Old 10-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #709
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesabrandybuck View Post
Truth is, I haven't actually failed a trig test/quiz yet. But I always feel like I will or I am going to. I haven't made an A on one either, mainly just low Bs.
Everyone else thinks that they didn't do well on the midterm today (including myself, go figure), so I dont think that my teacher will count it as a grade.

Well, I have some...strange news...
This year I have been taking US History. When I got my sched. over the summer, I noticed that I had a brand new teacher, Mr. Norman. The first time I had him (the second day of school), I knew that I wouldnt like him very much. He served in Iraq and has been in the army for 15 years. Really, instead of learning US history, he would compare like the Civil War for example to his experiences in Iraq. Pretty much, all he would talk about is Iraq, and how he killed people, and shot candy out of guns at little kids, and how he got wounded and had to fix himself up, et cetera et cetera. This got really annoying really fast. Alot of the kids liked him cause they thought he was "cool", or whatever, but I didnt. I honestly couldnt care less what you he did in Iraq, and I signed up to take US history, not Norman history. He would sometimes go on and on about his hatred of Muslims, which is completely unnecessary. (He would also discriminate greatly against freshman). Well, he would sometimes tackle girls to the ground in class, and throw balls really hard at people. And when the bell rang, he would go out in the hallway and jump out of corners and scare people half to death. So, I have a 98% in the class, which is the highest grade, since no one in that class gets anything done, and I asked him about extra credit once and he told me to "shut and and keep reading your book", that was when I lost all respect for him.

Well, just this week, he got suspended for text messaging this girl (not going to say her name), and taking her out on his motorcycle. There have been a bunch of rumors going around, but I know the real story because I am friends with the girl he was messaging. Apparently they were sending pictures of each other via text and such, so he took her on his motorcycle to get her phone replaced (I guess to get rid of evidence?). Another friend of mine (who is friends with the other girl), told her mom and her mom called the police, so now I dont have Norman anymore as a teacher. I am so happy. The only thing that I am going to miss was how easy his class was. I hope I can still maintain a 98% in that class...

That is so gross and immature, like seriously?? Ughh!

(and thats all I have to say about that)
Um, it's a felony, most places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesabrandybuck View Post
Dead serious. I didnt think that he would last, I figured that a parent would complain. But I thought that it would be about how he is in the classroom, not....out. Apparently he was fired from another school because he was going to kids parties and getting drunk or supplying the alcohol or something...but that just might be a rumor. But I think that it's true because I know people who go to that school, and someones mom is a teacher there and said so, so...idk. It's terrible, I cant believe someone would do that.

He has a blog but hasnt updated in months: http://normansnews.blogspot.com/
You figured a parent would complain? Most parents don't, no matter what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
It is very interesting, I just have a lot of reading to do. It's all about child development for this paper, so please turn into a young child and let me watch you interact. I can do it on myself or on children I observe, but I don't have anyone to observe and I can't remember everything from my own childhood (though I remember a lot).
What age child?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #710
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
*The Loathsome Monster (having particularly icky gelatine and odorous skin) saunters into the Cafe from the MQ (the Quarter Guards momentarily lapsing in their 24h vigilance).*
Old 10-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #711
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
What age child?
All ages. It covers a lot of theories. I'm supposed to pick 4-5 of them to elaborate on. I think it's mostly focused on the ages children learn speech, a sense of self, and so on. I haven't finished the readings yet so I'm not sure all what it covers.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #712
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
*The Loathsome Monster (having particularly icky gelatine and odorous skin) saunters into the Cafe from the MQ (the Quarter Guards momentarily lapsing in their 24h vigilance).*
*runs up and hugs the Loathsome Monster*

You made it!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #713
Mari
Elf Lady

Katya, I have a test on that in 2 weeks.
We had to do a lot of those things as well. ^_^

Well, I'd better go to bed. Have to work tomorrow. The lady is getting senile though, so she probably won't remember me. Still, she is very sweet and very up to date on other things.

Oh! Try to find me in the last picture!

By the way: what do you guys think: would I do better working with children, the elder or a different agecategory? I'm lost in possibilities

Last edited by Mari : 10-30-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #714
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Backpack?

Link, I've been reading that blog. That boy was broken...no one should have let him near children.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #715
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
*runs up and hugs the Loathsome Monster*

You made it!
lol - I bet he'll be thrilled by ur hugging him, Katt, since no one else would feel inclined to do so I warrant.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #716
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
lol - I bet he'll be thrilled by ur hugging him, Katt, since no one else would feel inclined to do so I warrant.
I feel all sticky. YAY!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #717
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I have a question for Entmoot, how do all of you want to die?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #718
katya
Elven Maiden

I want to die quietly and painlessly and I don't really care too much otherwise. Preferably not too early or too late in life.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #719
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I'm gonna start a new thread about that topic if yall don't mind. It interests me greatly.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #720
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post

Link, I've been reading that blog. That boy was broken...no one should have let him near children.

Yeah, he was really messed up. I was always so uncomfortable around him. He terrified me! He scared people who didnt even have him as a teacher!!

twitter
Closed Thread