Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 12:45 AM   #701
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

You carve the words "My Precious", then a ring on a chain, then an arrow into your lunch tray just to see how much you can scare your friends.

You have a quiz in English class and can't remember the name of a certain river or the ferryman who took people across that river, so you just write Bruinen and Glorfindel.

In History you are learning about Pompeii, and your warm-up question is "What is a volcano?" (what kind of question is that?!?!) After answering the question you write: ex. Mt. Doom.

Then you keep whispering things about dropping rings into Vesuvius and running away as fast as your little hobbit legs can carry you.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 01-18-2004, 12:55 AM   #702
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

if you name almost all your pets after lotr characters...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 01-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #703
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

While on a vacation at the beach, you see waves that look like horses. For the rest of the vacation you look at the ocean trying to see horses, and suceeding.

When you are bored you try to think of a person, place, or thing from LotR for each letter of the alphabet.

Then you try to memorize the poems and songs in LotR, and have already succeeded with more than half, including many very long ones.

Then you recite the poems in LotR when you are bored.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 01-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #704
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Arwen Undomiel

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
You know you're obsessed with LotR when...

... you buy a KFC chicken bucket just because it has LotR pictures on it, wash it out, and keep it forever and ever.
(I did not do the second one.)
i did save a Burger King cup that has Gandalf on it; and the straw...

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:26 PM   #705
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

You know you're obsessed when you write LotR Power Metal lyrics everywhere you go. You know you're really obsessed when you come to call your songs "geometry classwork."
Old 01-18-2004, 05:39 PM   #706
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

In history lessons, me and my mate do nothing, infact we just draw Lotr stuff on our folders and dream of 'Middle-Earthian Studies' instead of History lol.

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:43 PM   #707
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I think this sums it up
Old 01-18-2004, 09:36 PM   #708
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

When, in history class, you hear that Hannibal used "war elephants" you have a strong urge to yell something about them being Oliphaunts, not elephants.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:54 PM   #709
ryttu3k
Enting

You can have a serious discussion on whether a Hobbit diet would be nutritionally sustaining and keep a straight face.

You've drawn detailed maps of Hobbiton, Minas Tirith and Edoras (and marked where you want to live).

You've spent an hour trying to convince a friend of the benefits of living in Edoras over Melbourne (the climate is better, for a start, and I'd choose horses over shopping any day).

Guilty
Old 01-19-2004, 02:58 PM   #710
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Arwen Undomiel Three rings for the elven kings...

ethuiliel, You recite lotR when you are not bored.

guilty

Frodo Lives! Elanor's Angel
Old 02-06-2004, 01:36 AM   #711
Mrs Maggot
Enting

One way to tell you are obsessed…
You forget Valentine's Day and your brother's birthday and you don't realise it's Australia Day until the day after… but you know the release dates of all 3 movies in theatres in several different countries, as well as the release dates of the DVDs AND the extended DVD version.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:39 AM   #712
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

lol Arwen Evenstar

Yup that first page pretty much sums it up for me.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Old 02-06-2004, 09:51 AM   #713
Pirate
Enting

1) You've given youself a 3rd middle name so you can say you're ERRS like Tolkien did.

2) When you hear a friend say "I saw part of the first one" you freak out on 1) how could they only seen part of it? and 2) YOU CAN NOT SEE THE MOVIE UNTIL YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS!

3) You tell you're friends you're a hobbit so many times thier starting to believe you

4) You insist that you're first, third, and sixth period teachers allow you too eat during class so you can have second breakfast, lunchen, afternoon tea, etc.

5) in history when a slide of the viking Sagas comes up yell "LOOK IT"S THE DWARFEN G!!!!"

6) you've figured out how to play 75% of the sound track on piano with out the music.

7) you've got every LOTR related thing every made.

8) You saw ROTK 5 times with in the first 6 days it was released

I'm guilty of them all.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:15 AM   #714
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

You're in a social issues class where you're using newspapers. You nottice a picture of Frodo on the back of someone else's newspaper, and before the end of the class you look through all the newspapers until you find it. It turns out to be an ad for the extended DVDs, but you tear it out and take it home to hang on the wall in your bedroom.

Old 02-09-2004, 05:28 PM   #715
Elenessiel
Hobbit

You are reading Plato's Republic in a philosophy class. The professor, still on the subject of justice, brings up the ring of Gyges, which has the power to make the wearer invisible. If no one witnesses your unjust acts, she says, why be just? Then she asks what we would do if we had such a ring.
"Cast it into the fiery chasm from whence it came!" popped out before I could stop myself. I don't think that the professor regarded this as an especially helpful contribution.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:39 PM   #716
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

You know you're obssesed with LotR when you're at a birthday party in Pike Place Market and your friend jumps up on a table and starts to sing a hobbit drinking song and you start to clap along.

(Guilty, but the rest of the people in the restaurent didn't seem to mind...)
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 02-24-2004, 10:01 PM   #717
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

You are really hyper in English class when the teacher is repeating the questions for a quiz, so you reply with completely rediculous, LotR-related answers. Like the pilgrims in the Canterbury Tales were going to Minas Tirith (THAT was a stupid question anyways.) The author of the Canterbury Tales was inspired by writing from Gondor (actually Italy and France, but who cares?). etc.

Old 02-29-2004, 07:41 PM   #718
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

you are obsessed with lotr if you get up in the morning,
have a slice of toasted lembas with a mug of the'Old Winyards'
before getting on shadowfax, to go to work, which is defeating dark lords, by throwing rings down volcanoes!!
Old 02-29-2004, 07:57 PM   #719
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Now that's a cool job!

You know you're obsessed with LotR when you go to type a web address ending with ".net" and you accidentally type ".ent"

www.treebeard.ent
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 02-29-2004, 08:00 PM   #720
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

i know what you mean,
i've done that a few times!!

Closed Thread