Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #681
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I like the first option, but listen, I want to make it perfectly clear here that the very LAST thing that Viv is at all, is a meddler. She wants nothing - NOthing -to do with the games and meddling; she is merely doing HER DUTY as a Nazgul to report weird happenings concerning another Nazgul to the Captain of the Nine. She is NOT meddling, she is doing her duty, in addition to being legitimately concerned that Lil could be possibly even walking into a trap set by people from Valandil's side! How is she to know? Please don't write the Captain just blowing her off or dismissing her coldly and so forth. Wouldn't he be pleased that he's getting immediate response from the women about something that is unusual? I thought that's what reporting to the Captain of the Nine was all about. How is he going to be accusing Viv of meddling when she is merely doing her duty?
He is not accusing her! Yes, he is pleased that she reports and does her duty. He will order her not to WORRY, (not "meddle" - i just can't find a better word) about this Lilly's affair and leave it all to him.
OK?
Then I go write my post - about Sapthan and Gor.

Edit: On the second thought I will leave a place holder so you can continue right away, from the moment when Viv went alone to the Observatory.

Last edited by Gordis : 02-10-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #682
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I have filled my post. Lotesse, please, continue!

Udu, it seems Sapthan has to give some explanations now.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #683
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K. Gordis - I will later on when I get home! That was a great post. I love the atmosphere of the scene. "It was a dark and stormy night..." I love it! I'll write Viv's bit in about two hours.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #684
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I look forward to it, not promising to write anything, but I am currently taking a break from cramming for anatomy.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #685
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I'm - stuck, right now. I have no idea how to write the conversation between the Captain & Viv. The way I wrote it originally was that Viv and Aiwendis would be approaching him together; now that Aiwendis is out of the picture and dealing with Sapthan I am stuck. Gordis, perhaps you can write the Captain & Viv conversing? I have no idea what to write; drawing a big old blank.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:13 AM   #686
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Three posts in one day! I can't believe it! But I thought it was necessary for plot development. Others now can fill in the gaps. I will sit back and enjoy.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:46 AM   #687
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

drat, weasled out of it.! Nice posts everybody!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:15 AM   #688
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I'm - stuck, right now. I have no idea how to write the conversation between the Captain & Viv. The way I wrote it originally was that Viv and Aiwendis would be approaching him together; now that Aiwendis is out of the picture and dealing with Sapthan I am stuck. Gordis, perhaps you can write the Captain & Viv conversing? I have no idea what to write; drawing a big old blank.
If you have written or thought out the scene where Aiwendis & Viv approach the Captain together, I can always make Viv hide in the shadows of the Scriptorium and wait while Aiwendis helps Sapthan. It took no more than 5 minutes, anyway.

If you prefer it that way, consider it edited, and write your post with two girls going up together.
I don't really know what Viv wants to say about Ray, so do it yourself, please.

GREAT posts, ALL
Old 02-11-2006, 07:13 AM   #689
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Grea posts all. Serenoli, loved the way you depicted Khamûl. Indeed it is a good day for him.
I will try and post later today.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #690
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Thanks, TD!

Great posts all around, especially Udu's dragon post. I was worried about your reaction to me poisoning Sapthan, and also about what the Chancellor would say had he learned of it, but I was glad to see how well you played along.

And, Gordis, I loved your posts, cloaks flying in the gale, and then the great atmosphere you described in the Scriptorium.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 02-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #691
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Wondrous posts, Udu, Gordis, TD and Serenoli!

I like Sapthan's character so much... Don't even know why. Perhaps just because he is a normal human - rare bird in our game. There should have been a lot more, Tharbad is after all a human city. Or perhaps because he is so three-dimentional. Hope to see more!

Well soon Lilly will come to the triangular house. After one more post. Who will post about the meeting of the trio - Tol, Khamul and Udu? You, TD?
I am looking forward to it!

Then, am I right that before 7 all three nazgul will go hide outside? Or in the cellar?

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 02-11-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #692
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Yeah, if that's ok with Udu and Serenoli.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #693
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Neither of them is on-line, but I think it should be OK with them. Serenoli has just posted and Udu posted trice! yesterday. It is clearly your turn, TD!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #694
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Thanks, TD!

Great posts all around, especially Udu's dragon post. I was worried about your reaction to me poisoning Sapthan, and also about what the Chancellor would say had he learned of it, but I was glad to see how well you played along.
Thanks, Serenoli. You handled things just right by me. If Sapthan had not been poisoned, there would not have been the opportunity for the dragon dream scene. I liked writing that one.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #695
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
And, Gordis, I loved your posts, cloaks flying in the gale, and then the great atmosphere you described in the Scriptorium.
Thanx!

I liked your post. Khamul and Tol... interesting personalities. Tol is softer than I supposed.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #696
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
I like Sapthan's character so much... Don't even know why. Perhaps just because he is a normal human - rare bird in our game. There should have been a lot more, Tharbad is after all a human city. Or perhaps because he is so three-dimentional. Hope to see more!
CS, glad you like him. Sapthan is just a normal human, although with a cold and aloof personality. He reads books of magic and sorcery, and perhaps he can do simple things of magic or sleight of hand, but no real magic. His great love is books, especially those of an esoteric nature.

Quote:
Well soon Lilly will come to the triangular house. After one more post. Who will post about the meeting of the trio - Tol, Khamul and Udu? You, TD?
It is fine with me if Tol or Khamul wants to post next.

Quote:
Then, am I right that before 7 all three nazgul will go hide outside? Or in the cellar?
It seems it would be better if the three hide outside, out of "Nazgul range," and let the humans administer the drugged draught. Then when Lilly is sleeping like a baby, the three go in with their little "surprise."
Old 02-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #697
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
It seems it would be better if the three hide outside, out of "Nazgul range," and let the humans administer the drugged draught. Then when Lilly is sleeping like a baby, the three go in with their little "surprise."
And if Lilly will not drink?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #698
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
And if Lilly will not drink?
Gordis, skessa likes to talk a lot... surely if she starts talking about clothes and such, her throat MUST get dry?
Old 02-12-2006, 12:50 AM   #699
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I started to write Viv's meeting with her Captain, but my character is just as nervous as I am about writing the exchange. So, I wrote that Lady Gordis is going to join Viv, and help her explain - hopefully. Gor? A little help here, please? I am so trepidatious about writing any sort of dialogue for the Morgul Lord! Plus I don't know how to write this scene. HELP!!!

Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #700
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Tol is softer than I supposed.
Ahhh... well, I suppose so. Funny, I thought I created an all-evil character, and look how he turned out! Now, I'm never making him do evil stuff, and when he does it, I find good excuses for it... I suppose when you like a character, you justify them, and make them seem better than they are!!

TD, it would be lovely if you did it.

Lotesse, I liked how you did the Chancellor, and I can't figure out why you're so nervous.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Closed Thread