Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #681
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Well, I hope you two can get something out of it. I admit, it's the first time I've used such a plot device, so as this is pretty much an experiment, we'll see how it pans out.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #682
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Well, it should work a lot better - it'll get me out of the way at least, lol. I'm sure some might enjoy that...

But it is a great opportunity for me to explore. I'll be going off on my own quest while A'mael does her thing in a town not all too distant from where our group currently is (well, 200 miles I believe, still not far).

Ingwionis' quest is really a quest of knowledge. I think that I may need to look up the Ingwionis profile and do some editing to it. I'd not even so much as looked at it since the beginning of 2008, let alone edited it. Time I did some updating there. He's collected some number of pieces of maps and clues. One of the clues was his youth in the east which was obviously in the ancient past (ancient to humans, anyway). Some of the clues come from his eventual return to the east a couple of times after he was assumed dead in the final battle against Angband, Morgoth, and demons at the end of the First Age. A couple of clues were gathered while he lived shortly where he did before departing on this journey (he didn't live there until about 20 years before the end of the Third Age). And the last clues...came from this journey. The clues are just leading him on his own journey.

Returning to assist the group is something he will at least attempt to do. How he will find the group isn't too hard to imagine. Follow the tracks and branches and stones. Follow the yellow brick road! It means he'll have to return to the south of the Iron Hills, where the group currently is located, to find his way to the group.

Ingwionis' journey will begin with moving somewhat northeast of our current position, along with A'mael. A'mael will be left safely in the village where her and Ingwionis live. Ingwionis' journey begins somewhat further to the north-west of where we are now - unexpected as that sounds.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #683
Earniel

The game thread is waiting for a reply by you or Amael.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #684
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I have to initiate since I'd have to force the offer for her to return to home, so I'll do the post. It'll be short though, because she wants to respond and interact almost real-time-ish - she's said to be expecting rather great amounts of resistance and argument, in-game that is. So if anything, it'll give a good boost to post counts throughout as well as have an aura of conflict about the situation! Good deal!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:45 AM   #685
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Just wanted to clarify something over the last couple of posts - as far as I can see, nobody actually expressed disapproval of Ingwionis' words. Tabrîl and Nami just wanted to see what was going to happen.

Tabrîl only thought it wasn't fair of Ingwionis, mostly because calling someone weak is a bigger deal in Kindi warrior-culture than it is to most other people and she has fairly strong ideas about what's acceptable public/private behavior. She didn't say anything.

There's nothing wrong with your post, though, Amael, as I guess Ingwionis could have picked up on a general vibe of disapproval from the group. I just wanted to make it clear for later posts that nobody (except A'mael) spoke to him.

Last edited by Aikanáro : 10-30-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:19 AM   #686
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Earn, was that a typo or did you forget about the fourth image?

Let me know if I need to edit

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 10-31-2009, 06:06 AM   #687
Earniel

Well spotted. No worries, there's a fourth image. But I wanted to break Teye's monologue up a bit.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #688
Acalewia

Ah. Gotcha.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #689
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikanáro View Post
Just wanted to clarify something over the last couple of posts - as far as I can see, nobody actually expressed disapproval of Ingwionis' words. Tabrîl and Nami just wanted to see what was going to happen.

Tabrîl only thought it wasn't fair of Ingwionis, mostly because calling someone weak is a bigger deal in Kindi warrior-culture than it is to most other people and she has fairly strong ideas about what's acceptable public/private behavior. She didn't say anything.

There's nothing wrong with your post, though, Amael, as I guess Ingwionis could have picked up on a general vibe of disapproval from the group. I just wanted to make it clear for later posts that nobody (except A'mael) spoke to him.
Don't worry. It's not about disapproval. A'mael is about what Eowyn would be in such a situation when told not to go into a dangerous situation. She's told to back down, she argues that she wants to go in anyway, she's told to back down again, and then she backs down. I don't believe Ingwe in his post would be referring to A'mael being weak-minded, but reasonably weak in the physical sense. We had both agreed that his feeling on the matter was of pure protection, and that he would say what he did to get me out of harm's way. Of course, in-story, A'mael is very embarrassed.

I do wonder when we take the eagle, if it's right away, or a bit off-trail on our own. I guess I need to wait for Josh to post, to see both his reaction and when he plans to have us head for Greenwood.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #690
Acalewia

I had to read back over the dol guldar visit to figure out what those shadow critters were. lol

Old 11-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #691
Earniel

I had to go back too and check how I had described them the first time around.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #692
Acalewia

Been a while since we were there. Might have to read over the whole thing.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #693
Midge
Faithful Gardener

So... everyone's still at the Ultai camp thing, but we're finished performing and getting ready to leave? I read up on the thing.

I was saying in the Teacup that it feels really awkward to post now, because Aerin and Magor and Blossomshade have all been so silent for so long. I guess I could get back in the swing of things by having Blossomshade move or something, and Teye reacts to seeing an Entwife. Or not.

Edit: Teye has left the camp, so she won't notice Blossomshade. I went for comic relief. I also just realized that if I tried to use Blossomshade's "initials", it would have to be BS. I'll use her full name.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 11-09-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:45 AM   #694
Acalewia

I prolly would have never noticed that...

Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #695
Earniel

Yes, we're still in the Ultai camp, although both we and them are packing.

Teye will no doubt have already seen the Ents, so she wouldn't have been surprised if Blossomshade spoke up now. She could hardly had missed seeing the walking trees in the company when we followed her and the Khan to the Ultai camp. Plus I had Blossomshade and Earthshaker perform, so I don't think a single Ultai missed seeing them.

But it's very nice of you to join us again, Midge.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #696
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I missed that post, where the Ents perform.

EDIT: Btw, I added that whole thing about Aerin in to explain where she and Magor had been the whole time I've been gone. Treat her like you would have before Quickleaf "died" because obviously, it's been a while and everyone in camp has gotten used to her issues.

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 11-10-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #697
Acalewia

Who's still here and who's not?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #698
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I guess I am. Excuse my forwardness in my post. I didn't think you'd mind.

*I DO mind the rule, though.*

Old 11-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #699
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

I'm still here. I think.

What is 'the rule?' Did I miss something?

Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #700
Midge
Faithful Gardener

The rule is when you try to post two posts in the space of 90 seconds. It won't let you.

So I had posted the post in the RPG thread and then came here and was cranky because I had to wait for a minute and a half to post.

Closed Thread