Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 02:01 AM   #661
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renille
But I remembered this place today while pretending to study for an Abnormal Psych exam.
umm, association of ideas?

I remember you - hi! I always loved your title!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #662
truthiscool
Enting

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Welcome! Who were you before?
I was Small No-Name
Old 02-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #663
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Ren! *squee*

If you search in the RPG forum all the finish (unedited) TLA's should be there. If you can't find them there, contact KlatuKatt, she's the keeper of the polished copies.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 02-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #664
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Really? You were Small No-Name? I'm curious to know, truthiscool, if you happen to live up to your name - that is, Small No-Name's birthday is July 23, 1993, and you claim your birthday is Feb. 18, 1993. Are you one and the same person? You say here that you were Small No-Name. A person cannot have two separate birthdays.

Another thing that puzzles me, truthiscool or Small No-Name, whichever person you are, how is it that you join a Lord Of The Rings board, yet do not have a favourite Lord of the Rings character - you say "how should I know" there in your biography, and "beats me" when it comes to a favourite book out of the LotR trilogy? Do you enjoy any of the characters and books of J.R.R. Tolkien? I mean, you say you hate J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series; so how do you feel about Tolkien's works? Help me understand, here, because this is a forum for those of us here on planet earth (not "in heaven") who share a common bond of love and appreciation for Tolkien's and Rowling's works, so...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-18-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #665
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Really? You were Small No-Name? I'm curious to know, truthiscool, if you happen to live up to your name - that is, Small No-Name's birthday is July 23, 1993, and you claim your birthday is Feb. 18, 1995. Are you one and the same person? You say here that you were Small No-Name. A person cannot have two separate birthdays.

Another thing that puzzles me, truthiscool or Small No-Name, whichever person you are, how is it that you join a Lord Of The Rings board, yet do not have a favourite Lord of the Rings character - you say "how should I know" there in your biography, and "beats me" when it comes to a favourite book out of the LotR trilogy? Do you enjoy any of the characters and books of J.R.R. Tolkien? I mean, you say you hate J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series; so how do you feel about Tolkien's works? Help me understand, here, because this is a forum for those of us here on planet earth (not "in heaven") who share a common bond of love and appreciation for Tolkien's and Rowling's works, so...
Okay, Sherlock, give the kid a break. Depending on which age he is...*scratches head and goes crosseyed with concentration*
Old 02-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #666
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Welcome to Entmoot, truthiscool!

Lotesse, you know people are allowed to enjoy the site whether or not they've read Tolkien or J.K. Rowling's books . People here are also allowed to despise Rowling's books; the site is much more Tolkien focused. And in the Rules posted by Sister Golden Hair in GM, there is no mention of it being necessary to have read the Lord of the Rings.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 02-17-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:49 PM   #667
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Welcome to Entmoot, truthiscool!

Lotesse, you know people are allowed to enjoy the site whether or not they've read Tolkien or J.K. Rowling's books . People here are also allowed to despise Rowling's books; the site is much more Tolkien focused. And in the Rules posted by Sister Golden Hair in GM, there is no mention of it being necessary to have read the Lord of the Rings.
True, but hmm... Well, he's most welcome anyway.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #668
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Absolutely! I'm just sayin'. I call it like I see it.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:24 PM   #669
trolls' bane

Well, you're sure observant.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:57 AM   #670
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Welcome back Renille.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:04 AM   #671
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Absolutely! I'm just sayin'. I call it like I see it.
Well don't.

Though the age inconsistancy is rather mysterious, I agree. Perhaps a mistake?
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:05 AM   #672
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

"Well don't?" Sorry, no can do, there, Ned Flanders! Gonna call it like I see it 'til the day I die. That's part of what makes me, well, ME.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #673
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Just don't always . It's often helpful when you do that, for it makes us able to see how you're taking things and . . . (pauses to yawn; it's late) that can be helpful. But other times (another yawn) it can be more on the unhelpful side.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #674
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
umm, association of ideas?

I remember you - hi! I always loved your title!
Not quite. It was more of a "I don't want to study this...what else is there to do?"
Moment
And thank you!
I love my title too
And it still applies. Perfect!

Oh, Willow-who-changed-your-name, I'm never going to be able to remember to call you by anything except Willow-who-changed-your-name. Just to let you know. I DID find TLA and reread parts, and it was glorious.
And hello to everyone else too!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 02-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #675
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Hi Renille! Seems like you and I had the same idea at a similar time.

The other day... I don't know what I was doing. Actually, I think I was thinking about Cassie Claire's Very Secret Diaries, the thing that got me into fanfiction... and then, out of the blue, I remember TLA.

Oh, those were the good days. I'm only just starting to reread it now (it's so very long), but I can't believe I just dropped out of it in the middle of the Sillymarillion. But entmoot was the tolkien-board I stayed with longest, so I suppose that's something. I've sent the links to a friend who sounded interested, though I'd love to track down the hard copy again (or fellowship of the messageboard. *snirk*)

Anyway, dunno if I'm going to stay, what with uni (can't believe i start second year on monday!) and work and writing and not being part of the LotR fandom anymore (though still obsessed - had an extended edition marathon the other week ). But thought I'd say hi.

Renille, I agree with the avoidance of studying thing. My finding of the threads was an avoidance-of-sleep thing last night. And Willow, why the name-change? Hey Earniel... will have to check out those drawings.

Anyway, nice to see that despite what seems to be over two years away, nothing here changes. Constancy is a rare thing in our ever-changing world, and the one forum I still follow gets regularly nuked

~Nazzy
Who really should go to bed, but would rather immerse herself in TLA

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 02-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #676
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

NQ! Now there's another blast from the past! I wonder who'll turn up next tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #677
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Welcome back, Renille, Lady Ravyn and Nazgul Queen! I never knew you guys from before; I've only been here for a little less than a year, but it's encouraging to see the veterans make comebacks. Nazgul Queen, I do love your name! Nazgirls of the Moot, Unite! *raises Nazgul fist in salute.*

Old 02-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #678
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

..smacks Lotesse with a dead fish.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #679
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

But why? *wipes scales off her face and chest, forlornly.* Et tu, Spock?

Old 02-20-2006, 04:52 PM   #680
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
raises Nazgul fist in salute.*.... But why? *wipes scales off her face and chest, forlornly.* Et tu, Spock?
No political statements in the welcome thread. All such shall receive a slap with a dead fish....it's my own way of keeping this politically friendly.
Closed Thread