Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #661
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli, CS and Udu great post! I am looking forward to another Khamul scene!

Liked your take on the "ways to kill time" problem, Serenoli. A wonderful bit. Yes, someone had to design weapons in Mordor. Why not Tolvadok? I wonder what Khamul does at nights? As for the Captain, I believe, it is mostly books, especially on magic, and devising new spells. Also writing a history of his reign? No, probably not. But he is not above some drinking and "pleasures of flesh", you know And Aiwendis has taken to chatting with ghosts at night., apart from other things.

One thing though, that I had difficulty to believe, is the fact that no nazgul knew the way to Rivendell. I should say that in TA 49 the general location of Rivendell could hardly be a mistery, as the whole Last Alliance army stayed there for some years, and plenty of men who were in it should be still alive.

But breaking into Rivendell is another matter entirely. Sauron himself besieged Rivendell during Eregion War around SA 1697-1700 and failed to take it. So, perhaps Tolvadok was looking for the right methods to attack the place?

I am not asking to edit, mind you, I just find this question really interesting.
What do you think, All, strictly canonwise?

LMMglad that our fierce Mahtaliel is awake.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #662
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
TD, Khamûl will shortly be presented with a housekeeper, Nossenis, and a servant, the warrior Ecco. Nossenis is a wonderful cook, can clean and skin game, grind meal, tan hides for tents, and all the other necessary tasks for living in a semi-nomadic life. In addition to that, she can speak common. However, she never spent one day of her life inside a house.
That is good news Udu! So your caravan is due earlier than expected?

BTW where did Udu sleep this night, at the University, or in his new house? I thought the Captain should talk with him in private about his scandalous behaviour and marring Lilly's reputation
Old 12-18-2005, 06:28 PM   #663
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
That is good news Udu! So your caravan is due earlier than expected?

BTW where did Udu sleep this night, at the University, or in his new house? I thought the Captain should talk with him in private about his scandalous behaviour and marring Lilly's reputation
Gordis, these game days sometimes take a very long time so I decided to have the caravan arrive early.

Udu spent Monday night at the university since his new house had been closed and needed to be cleaned. He would have been available Monday night for any interaction with the Captain. He plans to move to his new house Tuesday night.

Quote:
I am looking forward to another Khamul scene!
I am too! The fight scene at Orrodel was one of my favorite scenes in this RPG.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #664
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Crazy Squirrel, and YES, I will be deLIGHTED to have Viv respond to her big sister! What a nice surprise to have Lilly pop in to say Hi! I'll be doing a lot of moving and house-settling stuff today, but later on this afternoon when I can set aside an hour or so to moot, I shall certainly have Viv respond to Lil, and Shah, too.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-18-2005, 07:15 PM   #665
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

So, did you get your house at last, Lotesse?
If so, congratulations!

That is a great Christmas present for you.

Last edited by Gordis : 12-18-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #666
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, Gordis, I did! Or rather, my boyfriend did; it's his house and unfortunately I can't really entirely move & unpack all of my OWN things, since in March I'm going to be getting my OWN own apartment, back in Hollywood, and this place is definitely all his, but still, it's terrific to not be living in bloody hotels for Christmas - erk, sorry, rambling...

So, back to the RPG for me. I'm still trying to think of a good bit to have for Viv & Lilly. As of late I've been either a cranky bitch or busy with unpacking or just comatose with holiday depression, but anyway... Serenoli, Udu, Crazy Squirrel, great new stuff!

Old 12-18-2005, 09:31 PM   #667
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Really glad for you, Lotesse! And I liked your Viv-Lilly post very much. "Sisterly talk" indeed. I am eager to learn Viv's reply. Will she help Lilly?

Udu, I have made the Captain summon Udu, to reprimand him for his relations with Lilly. I think it will make poor Udu seething against Lilly. . After all, your men are already there, so you could oblige CS soon, paying more attention to her character.

I also know that right now you are busy with Sapthan. So, if you prefer to postpone the talk, it is fine with me, I can always change the end of the post!
Old 12-18-2005, 09:57 PM   #668
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx, Gordis! And I added a bit more just a minute ago; did you catch my edit-add? I just logged back on, so I still need to pop over & read your new entry. It just occured to me, though, that what with all the Nazgul men having beef with Lil, and Viv hating the fact that Lil gets punished so much, and our lonely, unrequited Aiwendis - it looks almost like it could be the boys against the girls in the Nazgul camp here, excepting our ML of course! And excepting Buz. But other than that, it's like boys VS girls. Which actually is a fun idea...

Old 12-18-2005, 10:03 PM   #669
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Udu, I have made the Captain summon Udu, to reprimand him for his relations with Lilly. I think it will make poor Udu seething against Lilly. . After all, your men are already there, so you could oblige CS soon, paying more attention to her character.

I also know that right now you are busy with Sapthan. So, if you prefer to postpone the talk, it is fine with me, I can always change the end of the post!
Gordis, I have put a placeholder because I do not have time to write tonight. I hope I can get to it tomorrow. As for Lilly - Udu is livid with rage when he thinks about her, and he would be all too willing to give her a tour to his dungeon when it is completed. *evil grin*
Old 12-18-2005, 10:05 PM   #670
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Heheh...I can believe that. But dont expect Ray to know anything about Marty's lonely heart syndrome or the lass behind it all. Well, he knows his buddy is pinning after some one, just not who... But Ray would be inclined to drop a hint about Val and Aiwendis.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:12 PM   #671
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Oh, that's all Viv agreed to! Viv only agreed to get intel on Valandil's love hobbies, not Marty. Viv will not want to have anything to do with messing with her man's best friend, but the King is definitely a target! All the Nine want a piece of Val, in one way or another...

Old 12-18-2005, 10:16 PM   #672
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Well, they will have to wade through King's Men Ray and Marty...Loyal though rougish though they are.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:22 PM   #673
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Viv has ways of carefully and imperceptibly manipulating information out of the most unsuspecting people, in the most innocuous manner... Plus, she keeps her ears open, and picks up on everything when she's specifically looking for info about a thing. Val's love interest(s) shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Gordis - really loved your last post, especially that line about her dream being true and having the "stink of prophesy about it," that was a great line.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #674
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Wonderful posts, the lot of you!

Oh, I wouldn't mind having Ray talk a little about Val and Aiwendis, after all, who went to the big feast missed it? Though Ray has no clue about Earniel, hasnt even met her actually.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:32 PM   #675
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Aiwendis will not be someone that Viv will ever want to cause any grief, and I'd love to think Lil wouldn't want to either; that is, I think Lil wants intel on a possible love-rival who ISN'T "one of us," you know? Any elf or half-elf or woman he's into will do, buit not Aiwendis; wouldn't Lil already know about Aiwendis' agenda with Val anyway? Or maybe not; Gordis & Crazy Squirrel, how about this? I really despise the idea of Lil and Aiwendis competing against each other for this baby-King, or competing at all in bad will, but they are not my characters, so... I just long for some kind of solidarity amongst us Nazgul, like I always have, and having it at least with the three of us women would be better than nothing.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:38 PM   #676
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Like I said, I dont think Raendil would know of Rian or Earniel, seeing as he left the dance before the king asked Rian for a dance, and also, all Ray or marty has heard him speak of is Aiwendis.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:36 AM   #677
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Wonderful posts, all.

Gordis... so Aiwendis is in danger from Valandil? I wonder what kind of danger?? And about Rivendell, yes, he does know the general location, but he doesn't know the way there. Also, yes, what you say about him searching ways to attack the place.

CS and Lotesse, those two posts were very good, quite funny.
And congratulations, Lotesse, on moving into your new house

Udu, I loved your last post. it was just so well-described! I could see every detail in my mind clearly...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 12-19-2005 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:49 AM   #678
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Very good posts, everyone! I esp. liked Serenoli's Nazgul sleep idea - great concept, Serenoli!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-19-2005, 02:32 AM   #679
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Udu and TD - I wrote the next bit - let me know if you want any edits, and take it from there!

(as far as her anger level, Khamul "introduced" himself to her with a dagger to her throat, then in her opinion insulted and lied about her when he fired her, as well as treated her disrespectfully in the matter of her belongings, so when he snatched the book out of her hands, that was just IT!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:18 AM   #680
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
LMMglad that our fierce Mahtaliel is awake.
Yes, but I haven't got the slightest clue of what to do with her all day, she doesn't teach at all on tuesdays... perhaps I should start letting her be nosy and investigative? Except that doesn't feel quite right. Ideas?

As to the 'Location of Rivendell question; they would be aware of the general area, but they would most certainly not know the exact location or entrances to the valley. I looked up the first description we get of it in the Hobbit, and the valley is described as being so well hidden that even Gandalf has to keep an eye out for the stones marking the path.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Closed Thread