Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:20 PM   #661
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*as the haze shimmered in the warm moonlit night, Jack's wandering eye -*

(it was his left i think, for, unusually he had two - and no parrots neither ... he used to have an evil monkey but it had gotten into a fight with an evil minded, drunken and extremely viscious parrot one wild raucous night in a caribbean port ... (he'd a lost a fair penny that night if he hadn't a' later slit the owner's gizzards an hour before the dawn...)

... not for the first time, Jack's mind wandered off ...)

so - the shimmering moonlit night -

...bloody viscious parrot it was an' all -

- slowly the sensation of movement - after repeated attempts at ringing the doorbell of Jack's consciouness - filtered through the warm fuzzy shimmering abstracts of vision and thought - and -

... beak like a bloody ' hacksaw ...

with a bang of adrenalin, jack stopped short, pulling up the lithe legged girl, who it appeared was softly caressing his hand -

suddenly alert, Jack had espied down below between the trees a mast and man o' war ...

with a quick rough caress and lingering soft kiss, and a glint in his eye at her suprised startled look, Jack slipped into the dark woods, a glint of metal the last thing seen of him as he blended as quietly & efficiently as a rampaging hippotamus on heat into the bushes ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-31-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:40 PM   #662
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Not far from the camp, the captain, Eresse and Eärniel have started to explore the island. Eärniel suddenly stands still and looks back, slightly puzzled.*

EXK: Something the matter, mate?

Eärniel: I don't know... My chocolate sense is tingling.

Eresse:You have a chocolate sense? Are you sure it isn't your liver moaning under the sudden intake of chocolate it had to endure a while ago?

Eärniel: No, I'm quite sure it isn't that. I have the feeling somebody is at my chocolate again.

EXK: Give it a rest, Eärniel. I told Koroush to keep an eye on that kid. He won't be anywhere near your stash.

Eärniel:*still unconvinced* I hope so...

EXK: Let's go on.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:57 PM   #663
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

At that exact moment, a figure with a gray cloak leaps out at the three, followed by about ten dressed like him. Each one of the men carries a long bamboo spear-thingy in their hands, and each man wears a helmet with two palm-tree fronds on it.

FIGURE: Halt, in the name of the realm of Númenoriorianior! *pauses* (Looking at Eresse) Oh, hello again!
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 09-01-2006, 12:17 AM   #664
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Eresse leaps into the air and clutches her rum bottle protectively*

Eresse: Holy Buckets of Rum! *pause* What do you mean again?

*Enelya stood stock still, staring off into the forest Jack had just run into*

Enelya: Oh. *presses a hand to her lips* Oh my.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #665
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
"Lots of help im having here with the rigging. Well, drunk women!" muttered GIII.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 AM   #666
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*Jack was away into the undergrowth .... surely not even a ranger could follow the huge hippo sized swathe of wood crafty destruction jack had left in his wake.

But he was gone like a wil o' the wisp .. albeit a noisy Sumo wilo o' the wisp ... but gone he was - only a distant sword whistling noise ...a sudden thud ... and a distant-

''bloody parrots!'' was heard. *
Old 09-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #667
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf: The little entmaid has continued to rummage through the pile ship supplies, sniffing and tasting.

in the dark she looks like a little cloud hovering over the baggage..

She pulls out an amber bottle, Inside is a liquid. She managed to pull the cork out.

Phew! That stuff stinks. She takes a sip anyways. The little Entmaid feels like she has swallowed fire! She quickly corks the bottle lest any of the deadly liquid escape and let it drop.

She plops on her splay of roots and coughs.

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 09-01-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #668
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Enelya was torn between the pull of curiosity to discover what reeked so horribly and the burning desire to run after her former pirate ward*

Enelya: Oh, what to do, what to do!
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #669
Curubethion

FIGURE (furrowing brow): Are you joking with me? One does not joke with the High Lord Elendendil II of Númenoriorianior!! And are you going to break down on me again?

Meanwhile, the other men hold their blunt bamboo spear-thingys rather nervously, stepping forward.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 09-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #670
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Eresse glares*

Eresse: I do not break down! And what the blazes are you talking about?

Old 09-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #671
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

* they all stepped forward nervously - except the one that suddenly stumbled forward with a dagger in his back ... a dagger, no less, sporting a severed parrot's head ...there was some casual discussion about the parrot's expression ... it seemed either suprised or ... rather hopeful ..*

Guard one: " funny expression ..."

Guard 3 (guard 2 was the strong silent type) : "looks kinda suprised"

Gaurds 4 & 5 (twins) : " 'ee looks more hopeful if ye asks me"

*meanwhile, a sound not unlike a lumbering stealthy wildebeast lumbered cunningly (and noisily) orf into da bush*

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-01-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #672
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Eresse, not to be distracted by flying parrot daggers, stepped forward and poked the man who seemed to recognize her*

Eresse: You had best explain yourself, mate

Old 09-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #673
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Meanwhile, Willow has reached the ship and is currently observing the camp. As most of the crew is currently on board dealing with repairs, or exploring nobody has taken any notice of her yet.

Willow: *talking to herself while wandering among the supply boxes* No watch set... boxes scattered all over the place... a crew that exceeds the normal standards of motley... It's the Nal alright!

She climbs over a particularily large box (filled with chocolate by the smell and comes upon what appears to be an Ent. Coughing. With a bottle of whiskey at its roots.

Willow: frowns They hired an ent as part of the crew?

Oakwife: creaks and shakes her crown 'no'.

Willow: You really shouldn't be messing with the liquor like that. Besides being flammable, it's not going to make Captain Karris happy.
She looks around at the boxes, they were unloaded in a hurry and have yet to be inventoried.
You don't happen to know where the captain is do you? No? Of course not. Um... here.
She indicates for the entmaid to follow and leads her away from the supplies.
Stay here for now. I'm... well, I suppose I'm not really part of the crew anymore but as long as I'm here and not in the brig I might as well be useful.
Willow searches around the camp until she finds some stray writing materials. Taking them, she goes back among the supply boxes and begins the familiar task of taking inventory of the loot.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 09-01-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #674
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Enelya walked along the beach, having decided to let the pirate run free as pirates were meant to do*

Enelya: Wasn't that good of a kiss anyway. *She spotted the ship and her eyes widened* What absurdly good luck!

Old 09-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #675
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

OOC: Oh boy, so confused! Oh well. At least I know where MY characters are.

Dick: *sews and hums* Rana, you're gonna want to hem that bit there. Tatters are worse than holes.

Rana: Since when do I need a man to teach me how to sew?

Dick: Lookit this arm. Torn clean off three times. I finally sat down to do it propperly and found the skin was all tattered. I hemmed it up something good and it's been bloody well stuck on me ever since.

GIII: I guess being a zombie must have it's perks.

Dick: *glare* Well, I did lose my foot to a shark once and didn't notice. Other people did. They gave me quite a rough time for not bleeding. That's when I knew my stay on that ship was over.

Rana: But how did you get your foot back? I mean you have both feet... *notices one foot is quite a bit smaller than the other*

Dick: Heh, well, spoils of battle, right?

Rana: Ew.

GIII: I don't get it.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:48 AM   #676
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
GIII: Good sir, the medics actually went around scrounging the battlefield for leftover bodyparts? Well, I guess beggers can't be choosers, so if you are satisfied with your somewhat diminutive extremety, that's all good and well, ain't it.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:02 AM   #677
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Dick: "better than the pickled Elephant's foot from the merchant ship i had to make do with one time!"

*Dick remembers the nickname he had ...smelly nelly ... and the ever increasingly far fetched excuses as to why he was wearing it - he wasn't entirely sure they had bought the ancient haradrim festival of Oriphaunt line ...*
Old 09-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #678
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

*Megil looks over the scene below them*

Megil: No guard? What luck this is!

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 09-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #679
Curubethion

Elendendil is beginning to get somewhat angry again...

ELENDENDIL: Explain myself?? What are you talking about, crazy half-elf? I was here, and you broke down on me!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #680
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

*Eresse looked confused. And suspicious. How could he know she was half-elf?*

Eresse: Er...how...

EXK: STOP...

*EXK rolled her eyes and sighed loudly. One of the men had been prodding her with the blunt bamboo stick he was holding since this weirdo turned up, and she was not impressed. She reached out, snatched it off him, snapped it in half and stabbed him in the leg with the broken end. The man looked surprised.*

EXK: That's how you do it. Where was I? Oh. Yes, you lot. *She gestures to the men in front of her. The one with the bamboo stick in his leg still trying to remove it.* You lot, get out of my way. You two, come on.

Eärniel: Er...EXK...my chocolate sense...

Man: Ow, me leg...

EXK: Oh Eärniel. Would it make you happy to return to camp and check everything is okay?

Eärniel: Yes.

Man: Ow, me leg...

EXK: Right. Let's go then. If we're going to bump into nutcase men everywhere I'll send Flannery out to explore. Oh, and you, High lord whoever you are, follow us and I'll run ye through meself.

Man: Ow ow ow ow...

*With a weary sigh EXK reached over to the man still struggling with the stick and twisted it out of his leg. He yelped and fell over.*

EXK: You have to twist and pull. Idiot.

*And with that EXK parted the shrubbery and strode away.*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-02-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Closed Thread