Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #661
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami looked up and smiled as Tabril walked over to her and Quickleaf. As Tabril asked her question Nami looked slightly confused. "Wise? Me?" Nami eyes caught a glimpse of Ragarast and she though she understand Tabrils meaning. Surely she know she was not one of The Wise. Maybe she though she was like the white lady of Lorien. Nami smiled at the though of being compaired to such people. "Oh no, I am not wise in any sense of the word! Why do you ask?"
Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #662
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

'It does not matter.' To explain anything in this language not her own was difficult enough for her, let alone a concept such as this one. Even so, Tabrîl stared at Nami closely for a moment longer, and at the cover of her book, and she wondered. 'I simply wished to know.'

Her answer had been clear enough, though, and Tabrîl turned, walked back to Abasi, and sat opposite him.

'She is not of the seth'in among her people,' she told him. 'If they even have such. That she carries that with her - it is likely for some uwindi reason.' She sighed. It would have been easier for her, to classify the others according to the systems she was used to, but it did not work with them.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #663
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

'Uwindi have strange ways,' Abasi said simply, looking over at them disdainfully. To carry such things, and to read them, and to fight as well...' he hesitated. 'One would think that perhaps uwindi would do better if they tried to do one thing well than doing many things poorly.'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #664
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl nodded. 'I do not think they know this. No uwindi I have met ever did, not even in times past when we tried to teach them otherwise.' It was a very long time ago that Tabrîl meant, for her people had had no dealings with outsiders for many years.

'They wish to do everything, and end up with nothing,' she added disparagingly.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #665
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa, turned toward Aelfwine when they got back to camp.
"Uhm, do you remember you said something about learning how to ride? Would you, if you are not too busy, maybe try to teach me? I mean, it's very scary, but I don't want to be a burden to Carnehilion. Though even if I learn there will be no horses for me...
Still, I feel that I have to at least try."

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #666
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Having regained dignity and breath, Radagast sat near the fire, sipping tea. Nearly all of the adventurers had settled down in one way of another in the camp around him. Well, it had been an unexpected eventful day afterall, the wizard thought.

Even so, he had not forgotten why they had come here in the first place. But he did not have the heart to disturb this pleasant evening for his companions with talk of dark and deep places. No, he decided that should wait until the morning, where shadows and evil memories looked far less scary in broad daylight.

Instead he turned his attention again to Rámil, the Elf of Lórien that sat next to him.

"I take it you'll be leaving tomorrow, then."
"Indeed," Rámil replied. "We've watched these ruins for months, now that you and your companions have arrived, our watch is finished while yours begins. But we wish to return home." He laughed. "We will not be sorry to turn our backs to this place, Radagast."
"Yes, I understand," Radagast said as he took another sip. "A dreary place, isn't it?"
"Dreary, empty and silent. There is not a soul in Amon Lanc, neither above ground or under, but it still reeks of the evil that lived here. Maybe just a memory as you said, but a memory that will take long to dissipate."
Old 05-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #667
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim sat down and looked over at Tabril and Abasi "what do you think there talking about Borin? us I presume"

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #668
Amael
Elven Warrior

Journal of A'mael Athunial. Our quest has grown darker. Having come close to it was scary enough and now that we were approaching the old location of a great source of evil, I can feel that its presence has not completely been washed away, even by the power of Galadriel, whom the Orcs everafter called the Storm Queen. Our party is weary and grows impatient. Day after day of the same woods it has been now for weeks, so much to the point that it seemed for a while we were going in circles. I could have sworn that I sat against this same tree several days ago. Alas, it is a different tree. Once you've seen every tree in these vast woods, well, they all begin to look exactly the same. I've been very ill in the mornings and grow tired more easily by night, an odd occurance for an Elf to grow tired only after a day. For two months I've been carrying the child of my husband. I'll likely be forced to turn back before too long, lest I risk the safety of my child. But I want at least to have a shot at this journey.

Ingwionis noticed A'mael writing her journal. "May I sit with you at the same tree?"

A'mael got up quickly. "Nay, my husband. We must proceed into the depths. Rámil leaves for we must replace him. It is a peace over this place now, but it is only another watchful peace."

Radagast looks at the couple. "Come. We must not procrastinate. We cannot put off the inevitable, afterall."
Old 05-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #669
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami shrugged and watched Tabril walked back to Abasi. Nami shook her head and smiled. That them talk as they would and of what they would. Nami went back to her book but a thought lingered in her mind. In the end she put her book down and stood up. Nami made her way to the two lone elfs.
"Erm...excuse me" Nami addressed Tabril. "I wondered if i may ask something of you, you see you have such skill with the sword and knife, and though i feel i am good with a bow, i admit im that that good as a close hand fighter. I feel that this jounary will at some point call for hand to hand combat. And i wondered if you would teach me a step or two, since you are one of the best fighters here." Nami stopped and awaited. At the worst she would say no and Nami would go back to her book, glad she had at least asked the question and tried to interact with the other elves.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #670
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Laying his head down in the grass, Quickleaf stared up at the starlit skies above.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #671
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi's eyes narrowed as he listened to Nami's words to Tabril, and he felt anger rise within him. One did not ask a simple m'had'i for help in combat, and in so doing slight the m'hadati who sat beside her!

Abasi struggled to keep his anger in check against this senseless uwindi faux pas, but the insult behind it stung.

'And tell me,' Abasi interrupted, his voice tight as if he were restraining himself a good deal. 'What makes you think that you deserve our training?'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #672
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

"Master Radagast." said Borin, walking over to the wizard. "I don't mean to inturupt but I have something for you." He held out a perfectly carved wooden pipe with dwarven writing carved into it." Borin gave a pleased look. "Those words mean 'For the leader of the finest troop since the fellowship.'" Borin bowed his head. "I am proud to call you men and women my friends."

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #673
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Observing the stars and planets and galaxies Quickleaf thought of a new poem, and recited it quietly..

Dwelling Deep in the Forests, and being a Proud, Intolerant, Violent, and
Unkind people, lacking Intellect or Good Sense, neglecting all Culture
meant to Improve and Perfect, it made them Idle, and Meaningless,
like a Shadow in the Desert on a Burning Hot Day:
They disdained all that was Creative and Fun,
and as time passed they hated
everyone
else
so much
and everything
else
So much..
..That hatred of themselves filled their Darkening Hearts and they Became
Thoroughly Blind, Slaving away in the Void of a Poor Night..

..Yet without resting, without thinking, without feeling, just.. Being.

Quickleaf blinked twice, tellingly, and then smiled.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #674
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl bristled, gave Abasi a slightly offended look. She was capable of giving her own answer, she did not need him to speak for her. That she accorded Abasi the respect due his rank did not make him m'haidati to her, and the uwindon's request should have been hers to deal with.

'It is not usual,' she told Nami, feeling the need to say something at least. 'I do not know that I should teach you.' But she did not refuse, not outright.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:13 AM   #675
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim walked over and sat down near a tree closer to the conversation between Nami Abasi and Tabril just incase.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:00 AM   #676
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"This is an excellent piece of workmanship, Borin," Radagast as he received the gift. "I am honoured." He bowed towards the dwarf.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #677
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aelfwine smiled.
"I am not too busy, Ellysa. Of course, I'll teach you to ride," She replied. "We'll have to use Midnight. And in the meantime you could ride with me when we travel," Aelfwine led Ellysa to her horse. Midnight looked at Ellysa and blinked her large black eyes.
"The first thing you need to know is there is nothing to fear of a horse," She put her hand on Midnight's muzzle. "Here, let her know you mean her no harm," If Aelfwine could help Ellysa overcome her fear, teaching her to ride might be a little easier.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 05-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #678
Mari
Elf Lady

"Sh..she won't bite, will she? She is rather large..." A little bit scared, but really willing to try, Ellysa allowed Aelfwine to put her hand on the horses muzzle.
"Oh, that's soft!"

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #679
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami frowned a little as she looked from Abasi and back to Tabril,
"I mean no offense and i never said i deserved the attensions of such a great fighter and i seem to remember asking Tabril and not you Abasi" Sending the slightly sarcastic remark back to Abasi Nami turned back to Tabril. "I simply asked for help tis all. If you do not wish to then that is fine and i shall go back to reading my book and tending my arrows with Quickleaf with no offense taken." Nami smiled. She might not like Abasi but she ment no offense to Tabril. Catching the sight of Hedrim sitting near them, Nami added, "or maybe Hedrim would be happy to help me train, if you see fit that i do not deserve your attensions.What ever you deside i shall be happy."
Old 05-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #680
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

'We shall see,' Tabrîl said evenly. For all that she had enjoyed teaching others before, she doubted getting this uwindi elf to learn anything from her would be easy, and she certainly had no wish to antagonize Abasi by making it seem as if she sided with Nami against him, which she did not. If she managed to offend Abasi then she would indeed have a lonely journey ahead of her, and if that were not enough, she was irritated by the way Nami had spoken to him, with what seemed to her a false apology and distinct lack of courtesy.

'I have not seen anything of your ability, I do not know if you are fit to teach. If I should decide that you are, I shall let you know,' she said.

Last edited by Aikanáro : 05-09-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Closed Thread