Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 12:34 AM   #661
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Willow: Wait a minute... Tano, you and Claenoic go and see what Moraumer is talking about, I better stay and make sure the Bride and Groom don't run off.

Moraumer: Bugger, oh well, you two come on.

(Willow flies back to find that Faramirazhi and TCowyn have indeed run off and sees them attempting to sneak out through the gardens. Shaking her head she climbs out the window and flies over to cut them off)

Willow: Did you two really think you could get away that easily. You should know better. And just for that trick I think we will have the dresses be light colors.

Aragren: Oh come on, be nice would you like it if they did this sort of thing at your wedding?

TCowyn: Listen to her, please, listen to her!

Willow: Oh all right. We were just trying to help.

Faramirazhi: Helping is fine, just don't try and and be too helpful.

Aragren: Agreed? Good, now, I believe we are waiting for the others to gather the supplies and things necesary so until they get back let us go and plan this wedding in a more civilized manner.

Willow: Oh very well.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 07-08-2002, 02:11 AM   #662
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Meanwhile, Moraumer is showing the other two Hobbits her old designs of dresses*

Claenoic: I never knew you were a designer!

Moraumer: I'm not...

Tano: I like this one, the dark green really sets off my eyes...

Claenoic: I think this white one here looks perfect!

Tano: Maybe for TCowyn... but too much pale colours can be a bad thing...

Claenoic: You can never have too much pale colours!

Tano: How about the Bride wears white, the Bridesmaids a pale lavender and the men black.

Claenoic: Not black, dark blue!

Tano: Are you sure? I dont think the blue will go very well with lavender...

Claenoic: But if the Bridesmaids are pale blue...

Tano: And then we can have blue decorations! I always did like the colour blue... like Violets...

Claenoic: Erm, aren't they violet?

Tano: Close enough...

Moraumer: *has been silently watching* What about the boquet?

Tano: I think iris...

Claenoic: With some of those little white flowers...

Tano: Some Niphredil, perhaps?

Moraumer: Would galadriel allow it?

Willow: *flies back in* We are going to plan the wedding in a more sensible manner down in Aragrens quarters...

Moraumer: Excellent. *writes down all their ideas and grabs her designs* Come, ladies, lets go assist my sister.

Hobbits: If we have to...

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 07-09-2002, 12:40 PM   #663
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
can i join?

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 07-09-2002, 01:15 PM   #664
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

OOC: I think you need to get a character in the discussion board, but I'm not sure if we have any characters left... except for the megaphone of Sauron or something. Just go there anyway, we'll figure something out.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 07-10-2002, 06:30 AM   #665
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Meanwhile, Gimrina and Eruvielegolas are safe from the wedding planning, sitting outside. At least, they think they are safe. . .then Tano and Willow come by. . .
Tano: Hey, EG, Aragren is refusing to get married, but we need a wedding, so would you be willing to marry someone?
EG: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 07-10-2002, 01:27 PM   #666
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
*Just then a messenger of Sauron arived and stood outside the gate*

All: *Hands drift ominosly to weapons*

Watcher: Whadda want?

Messenger: The dark lord has a message for his enemies. It has already been faxed to you, but I shall read it anyway.
*Unrolls parchment*

The Mouth of Sauron is unavalible for a chalange because it choked on a peanut and is spending a week recouperating.

However, the Eye of Sauron is ready to fight a battle. But it just got contacts so if we could postpone fighting it would be gratefull.

The Ear of Sauron is ever hearing your plans and will not be attending any wedings.

*Sigh of relife from all potential brides and grooms*

And the Nose of Sauron says you stink. Go take a bath!

*Rolls up parchment and rides away*

EG: Well I never! Saying I stink! *Runs to gate* Come back here you! I'll show you who stinks! I'll... I'll... I'll bite your legs off!

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 07-10-2002, 01:33 PM   #667
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
lolol

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 07-10-2002, 01:44 PM   #668
Eruviel Greenleaf

EG: *calms down* Well, it's been a while since I last had a bath. . .hey, Aragren, since we have to wait for the battle, can I go have a shower or something?
Aragren: I think all of us need baths after all that travelling. Perhaps the Ladies of the West should return to Minas Tirith while we await the final battle.
Earniel: Why don't we attack while he's not looking though?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 07-10-2002, 02:02 PM   #669
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Aragren- Because we have to wait until Glodo throws the ring away. That'll be so much easier. That way, all we have to do is go look for the eagle thingie!

Earniel- Gwaihir, don't you mean?

Aragren- Yes. I do mean that. But nitpicking is EVIL!

Earniel- Nitpicking? ME nitpicking???

EG- You guys. Stop.

Gimrina- no liscense...no chocolate...

Earniel- Yeah...umm...sorry

Aragren- Me too...I guess...let's go take showers! Company DEPART!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 07-10-2002, 02:07 PM   #670
Eruviel Greenleaf

EG: woohoo! I get a shower!
The Prince of Dol Amroth looks really annoyed. Nobody seems to care. He stalks off and sharpens his sword in his tent. Everyone else departs back to Minas Tirith.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 07-11-2002, 08:13 PM   #671
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: Arrrgh!!!!!!! Writers block, somebody get the army moving! I can't think of anything to write right now. My brain is fried from rehearsal.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 07-11-2002, 09:43 PM   #672
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: Wait! Wait....I want a shower, too...*sigh* When does the army get moving?
EG: *calls back* Soon! I think. But it's time to take a shower now.
Tano: *shrugs* Yeah...all right. I'm no army leader, I'll just hang back and slaughter a few orcs, shall I? *wanders off, muttering*

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 07-13-2002, 03:42 PM   #673
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Rána Eressëa (formly known as Rogue Elf): (jumps out of nowhere) So, how's everything going? I thought I'd check up on you guys! (gulps down some punch drink in a barrel she's carrying) Whew! That was one long trip.
Old 07-14-2002, 04:07 AM   #674
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Aragren: *raises eyebrow* Took you long enough to catch up. What happened to the rest of you? Got tired of it?

Rana: Of course not! The rest of us fell behind because we found fizzy fruit punch. *Offers punch* Want some?

Aragren: No time. I need to take a shower, then go wage war upon the great Eye, nose, and ear, then fufill my destiny as... queen.

Rana: *eyes widen* Oooh. Who are you marrying?

Aragren: NOBODY!!! I'M TOO YOUNG!!!

Rana: ... Oh.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 07-15-2002, 08:46 PM   #675
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: We can't let it die now! Not when we're so close to completion, it's jus tbeen moving really slowly through Minas Tirith so let's just skip to the battle shall we.

(Everybody has bathed and dressed and found their weapons and horses. They have spent the last several days marching from the city to a cliff above the Black Gates which look oddly like the Great Wall of China. They have now set up camp on the cliff and preparing for the drinking contest and then... the battle. Because they have gotten this far we must also assume the Glodo has been rescued and the Cell phone is nearing the cracks of Doom. If people object to assuming this then do a flash back. Anyway, we are now standing before the Gates talking to the Mouth of Saurokatt)

Eruviel: What do you mean you don't drink wine? That's what the drinking contest is about! Drinking as much wine as you can!

MoSK: I refuse to participate in a contest that involves drinking anything elvish.

Aragren: Then what do you like to drink?

MoSK: [Insert favorite really strong alchoholic drink here]

Willow:But we haven't got any of that. Come on please? You don't want to have to do the whole battle thing do you? Blood all over the place getting everything messy and all that shouting deafening you, can't you just agree to a drink that we have on hand so that we can get this over with?

MoSK: No, I like blood and shouting. Besides I have something you people want.

Tano: How could you have anything we want?

MoSK: If we had captured your spy and stripped it of all it's belongings.

Garina:What spy?

MoSK: (Holds up a bundle formed of Glodo's belongings.) The one that bore these. We'll return it to you if you surrendur.

Aragren: Surrendur? To save the life of one counselur you wish us to give you the lives of all the free peoples? You're insane! We reject your terms, but we will take these in memory of our friend.

MoSK: Then you can forget the contest. This is war! To Arms!!!!!

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 07-16-2002, 02:55 PM   #676
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: Oh, bother. At least I get to kill my requiste orcs, anyhow. Geez. And all for Glodo, too....

(ooc: This is a GREAT transition sentence to Glodo, hint, hint. )
-tnao

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 07-16-2002, 03:22 PM   #677
Elf Girl
Lurker

Elf Girl & Laurelyn: *run away to avoid chattering orcs*

Laurelyn: We need to rescue Glodo.

Elf Girl: I know.

Laurelyn: How do we rescue Glodo?

Elf Girl: I don't know.

Laurelyn: We need to find another way in.

Elf Girl: I know.

Laurelyn: But where could one be?

Elf Girl: I don't know.

Laurelyn: Will you stop that?

Elf Girl: I kno- I mean sure. Now lets find a way in. *pounds her fist against the wall in frustration*

Laurelyn: Good idea! *pounds her fist against the wall too*

An orc pushes the boulder aside.

Orc: What is all that racket?

Elf Girl: Meep.

Laurelyn: "Meep"? You're a wizard! Wizards don't say "meep"!

Elf Girl: I mean, uh, YAAAAAAAAAAH! *smites orc with balrog*

Laurelyn: Excellent. *they walk inside*

They are now in a large empty chamber of stone.

Laurelyn: Now what?

Elf Girl: Sing!

Laurelyn: Hunt, hunt, hunt your orc,
Gently wield your swo-

Elf Girl: Something else!

Laurelyn: Mow, mow, mow your lawn,
Gently blow the seeds!

Meanwhile in a little room very far off in the building.

Counselor: What is that awful noise!

Orc: You be quiet!

Counselor: Now who are you order me around! Hmph. *joins Laurelyn*
Painfully, painfully, painfully, painfully,
Life is full of weeds!

Back at the base of the tower.

Elf Girl: I hear her! Now will you stop! *they walk up a flight of steps and are met by orcs*

Laurelyn: *draws sword*

Elf Girl: Don't bother. *smites orcs with balrog*

Orcs: Aaaah. Help.

Elf Girl: Not very enthusiastic, are you? *they walk on through, and climb a winding little staircase*

At the top, they are met by none other than the Counselor (wearing ALL her clothes!)!

Counselor: Where WERE you guys? And what was that horrific singing?

Elf Girl: *heroicly* We are here to save you, Glodo, mellon! *trips on a dead orc and spoils the effect*

And so, everyone cheerfully walks down and out of the tower. (With GandGirl to smite any orcs they might come across)
Old 07-16-2002, 07:44 PM   #678
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

(ooc: Hurray! Merrily, merrily....)

Tano: Hey, there seems to be an inordinate amount of stuff going on there...*points off to Mordor* What's up with that?

Willow: They're getting ready to do battle, of course. Come on. Let's get our weapons ready...*maniac glint comes in Willow's eyes*

Tano: *backs away slowly* Remind me NOT to be around her during the fight scene, ok?

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 07-16-2002, 07:59 PM   #679
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Aragren- But...we don't even have an army with us! We've got to discuss this in a civil, mannerly fashion!

MoSK- Civil...right.

Aragren- You know what? If we're dying ANYWAY, we may as well die for Glodo! Let's storm Mordor!

Earniel- You are insane. VERY insane.

Eruviel- Insane yet very determined...

Aragren- Come ON! HURRY! We've gotta get Glodo!!!!

MoSK- You ARE insane...
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 07-16-2002, 08:01 PM   #680
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: wait...but in The Book, didn't we do something entirely stupid and ended up winning anyhow?
EG: Yeah....that's right!
Tano: So I say go for it, no matter how insane you are!
-tano

p.s. Renille, I like your sig's poem...

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Closed Thread