Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 03:03 AM   #641
Amael
Elven Warrior

I got to read Ingwe's post earlier on. It was definitely funny near the end of it. "They can, um, well use your imagination. They can sword fight, and, well for all I know that's all they can do. Either that or they can scare you half to death. I mean if the tall tree on our grounds came alive and started walking around and talking, wouldn't you just fall over speechless?" That one floored me!!!

I think that even thouggh A'mael is like 700 years old and pregnant, she wouldn't just back down from just any part of a journey. Dol Guldur was virtually abandoned exceptt for its guards, and they would have known something was up. These are Thranduil's folk, they wouldn't just be like 'oops, I guess we didn't know better after all, aint that ashame?' Give them credit. They may not be half-Vanyarin/half-Telerin like your character, Ingwe, but I bet they could hold their own if there were a second kinslaying involving them. Legolas was awesome, and his father I bet would be at least a little more awesome. If you're anny more awesome than that, you're bordering on Celeborn, Elrond, Galadriel, Gandalf, etcetera!!!! But oh well, maybe these guards are just slow-witted because of, ya know, guarding the boring and dark shattered rremains of an old fortress. But who knows, maybe oddly enough, no one can sense the divine hatred of spirits long thoughht removed.

A'mael would definitely not allow Ingwionis or even Radagast, even Galadriel to make her back down from the trip. I know if this were all real, I wouldn't allow that. Besides, everywhere we go, we're companions, no matter what. I tend to reflect a bit of my personality in an RP. I've only been in one other RP so far and it was about something I knew almostt nothing about. But if Ingwe goes in with swords 'a blazin'' then I go in with a bow.

Elves have a pregnancy of around 12 to 13 months generally I think. In reality, I'm 7 months from being due, so it'll be the holidays and a baby alll at once.

Anyway, about the following, and I quote from your post Ingwe,
Quote:
A'mael spoke out at her husband's statement. "Now wait just a moment! I can turn this place into a forest, if I had a lot of time. What can some spirits taking forms inside of statues and uh...forks and spoons, do?"
I didn't know I had that power. Interresting, most interestting. I'll be sure to plant some seeds and make them grow quickly so everyone has some squash to eat. I hope my famous line doesn't become, 'welcome to my realm, I am A'mael, Queen of the Trees, do you want any ..... squash?'

I guess it's just easier to say, don't assume what powers my charactter has. I might use this 'new' power to make the trees confine you if you don't allow A'mael to go into Dol Goldur. That way you don't go, too.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #642
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

lol yep Nami is peved with you!

its my singing socitys concert tonight! yay yay much excitment!

Last edited by feawen : 05-17-2008 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:55 AM   #643
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Hehe whaaa she's peeved with me? What Quickleaf do to deserve that. He's such a nice elf Well if u want to go pout in the forest then be my guest...

And I wasn't suggesting you weren't courageous but that it would be a courageous thing to do...

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-17-2008 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:10 AM   #644
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen
oh im keen to know how you are going to get her down there!
You'll see in good time. (If all things go as I'm planning, game plotting takes a lot more time and work then I realised...)
Quote:
I guess it's just easier to say, don't assume what powers my charactter has. I might use this 'new' power to make the trees confine you if you don't allow A'mael to go into Dol Goldur. That way you don't go, too.
Amael, girlpower! No, Radagast won't stop her from going underground in Dol Guldur, because he's convinced it's safe enough if nobody does anything stupid. Don't forget he has been down there before, not specifically the part we're going to explore now, but close enough.

Just don't go Mary Sue on us, that's all I ask. Elves have a lot of possible skills and art, but characters like Lúthien and Galadriel are special cases.

Oh, and congratulations on the coming mother-hood if I haven't said anything of it before.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:24 AM   #645
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

lol! she just reflecting her angry on Quickleaf! thats a word i learned at uni! we all know his a very nice elf but Abasi is not the only elf with issues!

and in a group as big as this at least one of them would be scaried of the dark!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:30 AM   #646
Coffeehouse

Mhm hehe wow you've been a busy bee at the university

Well don't expect me to run after you into the woods. Like Abasi, Quickleaf doesn't care too much for cranky elves

Okey well I think Quickleaf is going to volunteer for the first wave of companions going down the shafts. If Orithil's character, can't remember his name, is going down Quickleaf will join with him. We'll excavate the deep, dark secrets of Amon Lanc
Old 05-17-2008, 05:35 AM   #647
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

yes i was a busy bee at uni now im a busy bee at work!

Nami is not a cranky elf she upset and has deep issues still to be worked out mainly for the fact i figure you got to have a reason for being so scared of the dark so im thinking on an idea for why she is scaried for all things underground!

Nami will be her old self again once she's back in camp until someone trys to get her underground again!

And Nami did not go off in to the wood just for you to follow her! she went to be alone!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:37 AM   #648
Coffeehouse

Ok fair enough Good luck with the demons
Old 05-17-2008, 05:40 AM   #649
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen View Post

Nami will be her old self again once she's back in camp until someone trys to get her underground again!
Or until Tabrîl tries to give her a little advice...

Old 05-17-2008, 05:43 AM   #650
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

lol oh dear what have i got my self into!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:44 AM   #651
Coffeehouse

Oh that'll be interesting from the introspective elf
Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 AM   #652
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Introspective? Tabrîl? I guess - more that she doesn't say much, and if I wasn't writing her thought processes my posts might end up *very* short.

I doubt she'll be much help to Nami. Probably make her even more peeved. But we'll see.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #653
Coffeehouse

Sarcasm Aika But I am detecting a subtle change in her. Exciting stuff
Old 05-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #654
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

You know you use the smiley so often, I couldn't tell.

She hasn't changed, though. She's just cooled down somewhat from her earlier instinctive reactions to an atypical and more than a little frightening situation, and is trying now to assert her position a little. But I'll stop spamming the thread with character analysis, sorry!

Old 05-17-2008, 06:11 AM   #655
Coffeehouse

Hehe yeah I know, I'm affected by the
Old 05-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #656
Mari
Elf Lady

Oops, maybe I should have read this thread first before posting in LLL.
Oh well, Ellysa would want her friends to kiss and make up, so I guess you can just choose to ignore her "advice".

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #657
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
I got to read Ingwe's post earlier on. It was definitely funny near the end of it. "They can, um, well use your imagination. They can sword fight, and, well for all I know that's all they can do. Either that or they can scare you half to death. I mean if the tall tree on our grounds came alive and started walking around and talking, wouldn't you just fall over speechless?" That one floored me!!!
That was prolly one of the funniest lines I read yet.
Quote:
I think that even thouggh A'mael is like 700 years old and pregnant, she wouldn't just back down from just any part of a journey. Dol Guldur was virtually abandoned exceptt for its guards, and they would have known something was up. These are Thranduil's folk, they wouldn't just be like 'oops, I guess we didn't know better after all, aint that ashame?' Give them credit. They may not be half-Vanyarin/half-Telerin like your character, Ingwe, but I bet they could hold their own if there were a second kinslaying involving them. Legolas was awesome, and his father I bet would be at least a little more awesome. If you're anny more awesome than that, you're bordering on Celeborn, Elrond, Galadriel, Gandalf, etcetera!!!! But oh well, maybe these guards are just slow-witted because of, ya know, guarding the boring and dark shattered rremains of an old fortress. But who knows, maybe oddly enough, no one can sense the divine hatred of spirits long thoughht removed.

A'mael would definitely not allow Ingwionis or even Radagast, even Galadriel to make her back down from the trip. I know if this were all real, I wouldn't allow that. Besides, everywhere we go, we're companions, no matter what. I tend to reflect a bit of my personality in an RP. I've only been in one other RP so far and it was about something I knew almostt nothing about. But if Ingwe goes in with swords 'a blazin'' then I go in with a bow.
That's my girl!
Quote:
Elves have a pregnancy of around 12 to 13 months generally I think. In reality, I'm 7 months from being due, so it'll be the holidays and a baby alll at once.

Anyway, about the following, and I quote from your post Ingwe,

I didn't know I had that power. Interresting, most interestting. I'll be sure to plant some seeds and make them grow quickly so everyone has some squash to eat. I hope my famous line doesn't become, 'welcome to my realm, I am A'mael, Queen of the Trees, do you want any ..... squash?'

Congrats on the little one in RL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person View Post
If all the pretty women are staying topside, so is Redplate.

()
Hahaha
Quote:
EDIT: Whoa!! Ingwionis' wife is preggers!? How.... is that going to work out? Elflings along the way? Battle orcs and changing diapers? (congrats by the way0 But...elves pregnancy last about a year from what I've heard, and since this quest has an ungodly amount of distance to travel (thus meaning time) it shall be curious indeed.
Now I will admit that caught me off guard.

Now not all the women are staying topside. at least not by choice

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 05-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #658
Amael
Elven Warrior

Computer on fritz for a few hours. Stand by.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #659
Amael
Elven Warrior

Okay, the problem we're having is Ingwe's computer that we both have been using has been shuttting down for no real reason, the fan speeds up and gets really loud. It hasn't happened for a couple of hours so hopefully it doesn't happen again.
I'll try to reply to some things in a while.

If you don't hear from either of us for anythingg more than 2 days then that means anyone can pick up either or both my character or Ingwe's and you can have them go into Dol Guldur. Just don't get us killed or anytthing.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 AM   #660
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Ahem, Coffeehouse, Hedrim (orithil) isn't an elf. He is quite mannish. Same with Carnehillion.

Just a quick referene. Amael, sounds like your computer is overclocking/overheating, and shutting down before it fries... Might want to get that checked out.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Closed Thread