Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #641
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

No need, TD, thank you - it is OK. I shall continue myself.

TD and Serenoli, my post features Khamul and Tolvadok heavily. If I misinterpreted your characters, please don't hesitate to tell me and I shall edit.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #642
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gordis and Serenoli, that was riveting! That was a nail-biter post. It really seemed a toss-up as to what our Captain might bdecide to command. And I really liked how Tolvadok's long forgotten heart ached a little, like that, while Khamul was jubilant. I like Tol more and more; it's sweet of him to be concerned with what Lil is going to have to suffer through. Nazgul torture is no picnic; I would think even the hardest of hearts would be touched a bit to think about one of their own having to endure it. Methinks Udu and Khamul are the biggest meanies of the Nine - I mean MEANIES!! The Captain is cold and controlled, but the other two are just flat-out mean.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #643
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Glad that you liked my post, Lotesse.
That was a difficult decision for the Captain.

I am not sure Serenoli will approve of my ref to Tol's heart and feelings. Perhaps she wanted him more evil.

BTW, Serenoli, I liked your post very much.
but how did Tol get past Sapthan who was told not to admit visitors to the roof of the library?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #644
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Great post Gor. Could you just clear up one thing. When the ML says "Go join Udu now," does he mean Khamûl & Tol or just Khamûl?

Also could you just change the jubilant part to smiled coldly, I can't really see Khamûl as being jubilant.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #645
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Might be a hot time in Tharbad some night. Water has no effect upon it. Stock up on sand.
I know water has no effect upon i, now lets Hope Mahtaliel raises the sand bag army and fast, once she gets that falcon.

EDIT: Another thing cropped up into my mind: Would it be considered silly if I say that, in light of the king beingin Tharbad, the military presence would be beefed up a bit? I am not sure exactly how many soldiers Tharbad would have had otherwise...

Oh, as for my patrol, there were originally 120 men that set out, 12 went with Shah, the rest with Marthalion. Of the 108 that were with Marty, two were put out of use in the fussilade of the pirates. Arsenal include one quiver on the back, two mounted on the saddle for the men of Marthalion's squad along with their verison of greek fire.This is in addition to sword and sheild. Steel Gondorian (Arnorian) bows to go with that.

Shah's patrol (which includes Ray) One quiver of arrows, spears, Steel bows, swords and in Shah's case, a monsterous axe. To edit up the lack of coherency between Mine and Udu's post, the ship with all the captians aboard went down river, while the other two were under attack by Marty's group.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 02-08-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #646
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Great post Gor. Could you just clear up one thing. When the ML says "Go join Udu now," does he mean Khamûl & Tol or just Khamûl?

Also could you just change the jubilant part to smiled coldly, I can't really see Khamûl as being jubilant.
Jubilant edited
I meant Khamul and Tol - both may be needed to subdue Lilly quietly, then I figure Tol should return to his post at Orrodel. But if Serenoli prefers not to take part in the trap, I can edit
Old 02-09-2006, 05:40 AM   #647
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Don't worry so much, Gor, I won't bite your head off! One slight heart-ache matters not.. and Tol is evil because of his loyalty to evil ppl, but by nature, he is not cruel. He would prefer to see Lily sundued and punished, but preferably in a one-on-one battle, with both equally armed. And Tol will go, as the Captain ordered. For one thing, orders are orders, and also, he thinks maybe he can restrain the others slightly if he's present.

And, I did not mention Sapthan, because in TD's post, he said Sapthan was in the ground floor of the library. Shall I edit?

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 02-09-2006 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #648
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am glad you agree, Serenoli - I can never be sure when I write about other characters.

As for Sapthan,he should be guarding the stairs to the Library, either on the ground floor, or, more likely, sitting in the Scriptorium on the 2nd floor. He was there ten minutes ago (TD's post) and had orders not to let visitors.

The Observatory is on the roof of the Library Tower, and, to get there, one has to pass through the Scriptorium to the stair that leads to the book storage and the Observatory.

Tolvadok could hardly get past Sapthan unnoticed (at least if he didn't turn invisible- perhaps he did??? ). And Sapthan would never let a new student Girithron alone into the library, especially against the Chancellor's orders.

Yes, I think it would be great if you describe how Tol got past Sapthan.

Also another minor thing that bugged me was that Girithron was told by someone in the University (not another nazgul) that the Chancellor was in the Observatory. I think, it was only known that he was working in the Library (such a bookish guy ). The fact that he was meddling with the weather in the Observatory on the roof was hardly widely known.

Last edited by Gordis : 02-09-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #649
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Great posts, TD, Serenoli and Gordis!

EEEEVIIILL Nazboys!!! Poor LILLY!

Who is going to write about the final preparations in the triangular house? TD? Udu? Serenoli?

I think that should come before Lilly comes in?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #650
Telcontar_Dunedain

I will try and post again tonight, then it will probably be after another post from Serenoli and Udu.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 02-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #651
Telcontar_Dunedain

Serenoli, do you want there to be a Tol and Khamûl scene on the way to Udu's house or shall I post the arrival straight away.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #652
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

All, Udu has just posted some information that divulges more of the method by which Lilly will be caught. *rubs hands together, laughs fiendishly*
Old 02-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #653
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Nice post, Udu.

It looks like our Skessa will be finally caught.

At least this plotline is going quite smoothly.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #654
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

No joke. I feel sorry for the poor twit, but perhaps it will take her claws out of Marty? And neh, I've got to really limit my time here, I got class stuff comming out the Wazzoo. Bye *dashes away madly*
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:40 AM   #655
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Everyone, I have edited as requested, I forget the post number, but its the one where Tol goes to Observatiory. Gordis thanks for refreshing memory on locations etc. Udu, if Sapthan would've behaved differently, then tell me. Thanks CS for my gloves.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:05 AM   #656
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli, It was post #811.

I don't know what Udu will say, but I LOVED your addition!

And how well you have worked in the spiked gloves, the present from CS!
Congratulations, Serenoli!

Udu, I know you have many characters on your hands as it is, but please, write a bit from Sapthan's POV. I miss the evil assistant Librarian!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #657
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Thanks CS for my gloves.
I see you used them well!
Great post.

Udu, great post, how sweet to have such a Tatyana!
I see all is ready for my poor Lilly... I will take notice of your preparations in my future post.

TD, will you, please, post how Khamul and Tol came to Udu's house?

It seems Udu plans to make all the nazgul wait outside, till Lilly gets drugged??
Old 02-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #658
Serenoli

TD, I forgot to mention, it would be nice to have a Khamul-Tol scene, but if you post the arrival straight away, I have no problem. Use whichever way you feel sounds and reads best...

Old 02-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #659
CrazySquirrel

Yes, please, Khamul-Tol scene!
The two guys hardly ever talked before!

Perhaps you could start, Serenoli, as TD seems not on line?

And what about poor Jas? Earniel!!! Where are you??? I am expecting the follow-up so much!
Old 02-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #660
Telcontar_Dunedain

I will post now. Serenoli, if I post Tol as OOC just say and I'll edit.

Closed Thread