Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #641
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf: That evil smell wafts into the Entmaid's nose. Her ear branches drop down and she wrinkles her nose. She makes a squeaking sound that approximates an "Eeew!" Then she turns her fluffy leafy head and sees a large thing laying on its side near the shore. Is it some dead thing? She sniffs more. It is those things she has sometimes seen on the surface of the water with great ballooning wings upon its back. She thinks it some kind of enormous water fowl, only this one is probably dead. She looks back at Enelya questioningly.

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 08-29-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:35 AM   #642
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
G III hrmp'd: Ah, Captain. Perhaps we should attempt to unlist the ship before doing anything else. We could straighten it up by aligning timber along it's sides which would gradually put it back on its keel. What do you think, sir? Good idea, eh?

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-29-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:37 PM   #643
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Kor: No, it's not. I want to completely clear on side and have no pressure on it, so as not to bend the timber, so I can get acurate measures. Stick ta wooin the ladies mate, Carpentry is MY job.

*Kor fusses about his wounded ship as night falls. Flannery comes out from below deck and stretches his arms.*

Flannery: So... bet on what sort of strays we find on this island?

Kor: What makes you think we'll pick anyone up?

Flannery: Mate, on this ship it's practically habit.

Kor: Oh really? Well, eh.... *thinks about GIII Sharkbait, Errese, Sava and Rana* Er...oh. Yeah, hmm. Maybe this time we'll get an actual pirate. We could also use lumber, see if this island has any decent hardwoods. I'll give ya a treat if ya do.

Flannery: *grins* Have a recipe for lady fingers do ye?

Kor: Eh...Literally? I'm sure the brig birds could spare a few, and GIII has the most girly hands i've ere seen on a man....

Flannery: Put them to work on capentry, we'll make it look like an accident. *he winked, showing that he was kidding*

*The afore mentioned females, including GIII, didn't see that however, and heard the two 'whispering'*
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:24 PM   #644
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*the tiny gods of ant-sized fate, peeved to the hilt at the upstart fad as it seemed, of the new all powerful cult of Earniel's boot imprint were seething ...*

(') a pirate say you? (')

*wicked hyenna stroke giboeus demon laughter shrikkled raucously beyond the pitch of even elven or human understanding .... only Dick (the brainy) felt it's macabre shudder tingle down his spine - mind, he put it down to his itchy eyeball as per bloody usual the numbskull -
Old 08-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #645
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Enelya holds her nose*

Enelya: By the stars, what is that ghastly odor?

----------------------

*Meanwhile, Eresse blinks suddenly and peers out across the beach*

Rana: What's with you?

Eresse: I just had the oddest feeling that soon something dramatic and life changing was going to happen to me.

Rana: Probably just the rum, mate.

Eresse: It wouldn't be the first time.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #646
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Good sir, I do not have girly hands!!" GIII said."I can do hard manual labour as good as the next man!"
Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #647
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Eresse: Seemed pretty girly to me at the time. *looks down at her calloused hands* Not that I'd know.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:23 AM   #648
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

*A dazed midget pops up on shore. No one notices him, he's just the ship's boy, inee? He grabs someone's coattails and tugs*

Boy: Is this Hawaii?

EXK: Why aren't you working?

Boy: Looking for the kitchens.... and Hawaii. Either would be a nice place to be. *dreamy expression steals across his face*

Earniel: *looking alert and sharp* who are you? And why's your face all sticky? Did you steal my chocolate?

Boy: Choclate? Eugh! I never want to hear the name of choclate as long as I live! Just point me out the food, and then, maybe Hawaii, and I'll be fine.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 08-30-2006, 04:17 AM   #649
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: *suspicious* Why are you sick of chocolate? Had too much recently, perhaps? Hmmm?

EXK: *shrugs* I suppose you'll have a hard luck finding that out for sure...

Eärniel: Oh, no. The autopsy will confirm it. *whisks big knife from behind her back*

EXK: Autopsy!? He isn't even dead!

Eärniel: Oh, that. That's not a problem, I can arrange that in 5 seconds...

EXK: No! And put that knife away. I can't have you go around randomly slash people. It's bad for business.

Eärniel: *pouts* I want justice for the cruelity done to my poor emergency chocolate reserve!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:48 AM   #650
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

GIII, eager to show Eresse his manliness, grabs hold of a piece of tackle hanging from the shipstraighteningconstruction and pulls the ship up to an almost correct position.

"And you call me girly-handed!" GIII says to the men while he ties the knot around a tree to keep the ship from going back listing.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #651
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

*Rana and Eresse glance at each other*

Rana: Why do men insist on doing stuff like that?

*Eresse shrugs*

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-30-2006, 11:58 PM   #652
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Enelya narrowed her eyes at the horizon and then turned to her 'companions'*

Enelya: It seems like a reasonable idea to go see what is creating that awful scent. Who is with me?

*eery silence*

Enelya: Your enthusiasm is overwhelming.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:09 AM   #653
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*Kor smacks GIII upside the head*

Kor: You dunce! I WANT the ship to one side! I still have repairs to do! Never mind the careening bit!

*Notices the commotion with the new midget*

Kor: *Rolls eyes* well, I suppose it IS tradition to pick up strays....*Trots up to Earniel and EXK* Another hand to help with the careening? Might as well put him to work ere we stick him in the brig....

*He eyes the knife in Earniels hand, and figures out she is still manic about her missing chocolate*

Kor:....Or dice him up into fishfood....
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:35 AM   #654
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Enelya dragged Jack up into a standing position*

Enelya: I know we haven't interacted that much but it feels as though some higher power wishes me to involve you in all that I do.

Jack: Eh?

Enelya: Oh, never mind.

*She holds his hand and walks down the beach, unwittingly moving toward the Nal*

Old 08-31-2006, 12:38 AM   #655
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Willow made it above deck just ahead of the flames. Putting her wings to work she zoomed away from the burning ship and the island it was headed for.
Not wanting to fly too far before resting and finding food she stopped as soon as she reached the next island over.
Through the trees she could just see the masts of the ship that had attacked them. Landing, she darted up to a branch of the nearest tree and began to make her way closer.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 08-31-2006, 05:31 AM   #656
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

* EXK looks down at the boy, thinking. She decided if she didn't put him to work quickly, he'd be dying a messy death at the hand of Eärniel. *

Koroush: Not to mention I'm going to need more help...that bloody G III is wasting time showing off.

EXK: Aye. So I see. *A little further along the beach, G III appeared to be talking to Rana and Eresse.* Boy? Follow Koroush. Do what he says and ye might live to get to Hawaii. This ain't it, mate.

Eärniel: But he stole my chocolatE! Stole! Chocolate! *Eärniel, glares after him, twisting the knife manicly. She then sheaths it and take a deep breath. * You'd better replace it all boy! OR ELSE!!!!

EXK: *Puts a had on Eärniel's shoulder.* Mate, we took a little chocolate from the merchant. Take some of that, calm down.

Eärniel: Oh. Okay. Good idea.

* Many of the supply boxes have been brough onto the beach and Eärniel wanders off towards them, with a strange grin on her face. EXK knows there will be no chocolate for the rest of the crew. She pulls one of the half bottles of wine they'd recovered out of her pocket and takes a drink, watching Koroush and the boy wander off towards the ship. She took another swig and followed them.*

GIII: ...It's simply the best... *He pauses mid sentence as the Captain stands, arms folded in front of the small group.*

EXK: Why are you not working.

Rana: We are ma'am. We're repairing the sails.

EXK: Aye. You and Dick are. GIII, stop interfering with Koroush and help these two with the sails. Like I told you to do.

GIII: Aye sir!

Koroush: Heh heh...

EXK: Koroush, you're in charge. If you need their help, they shold be done with the sails soon, but you have Flannery, SB and Sava, Bob...whatever use he may be, and now...er, the Boy. Eresse. Come with me. I want to investigate the island. We better wait for Eärniel though. If we leave her here we might never see that boy again.

*EXK and Eresse go to wait by a small fire for Eärniel before they go exploring. Koroush steers the boy towards the ship.*

Koroush: So kid, what's your name?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-31-2006, 09:37 AM   #657
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf: The smelly dead bird thing seems to have righted itself. Maybe it is not dead after all, Oak leaf ponders to herself. People are busy about it. It carries people on its back? Maybe the people are helping it. She trots toward the Nal with her leafy canopy bouncing. She starts to investigate the supplies piled up on the sand. The smell of something like fermenting fruit make her wrinkle her nose.

Just call me Oakie
Old 08-31-2006, 10:20 AM   #658
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

*Megil looks over at Enelya as she drags the pirate to his feet and starts off.

Megil: Wait! I'm coming too!

Enelya: Well, hurry up! *Ajusts her glasses with one hand*

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #659
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Boy: *thrown into total confusion by this question* Name?

Koroush: Yeah, your name, kid. Like me, my name's Koroush.

Boy: Well, you're calling me kid, so.... *brightly* my name must be Kid!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 08-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #660
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf: The little Entmaid at theis point is happy for the darkness. She an snoop about the supplies undetected. She sniffs more amd smells something among the food stores that smells inviting. She reaches a branch into a sack and finds a brown bar of the stuff. She doesn't have a clue as to what it is, but it smells sweet. She takes a bite. The waxy substance is slightly crunchy at first then it melts in her mouth. The Entmaid had discovered chocolate.

Just call me Oakie
Closed Thread