Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2003, 04:11 PM   #641
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

JerseyDevil vs. Coney

10.30 pm: In a hotel room not too far from the mud wrestling pit, Coney stood in front of his mirror admiring himself. He was wearing a tuxedo and had a Vodka Martini in his hand (shaken, not stirred). “Boy, I’m definitely more handsome than James Bond. Vestis virum reddit (the clothes make the man)”, Coney thought while sipping the last of his drink. He put down the glass and grabbed his sunglasses, which he gently put on his nose. Then he left the room and headed for the mud pit, filled with confidence.

At the same time, at the same hotel, but in another room, JerseyDevil sat on a chair and lit a Cuban cigar. Dressed in a suite with his Cuban dangling from his mouth, he looked like a gangster. “No doubt, I’m more handsome than all the guys in the Italian mafia. Perhaps I should try and get a minor part in Sopranos?”, JerseyDevil thought as he got up and left his hotel room. Full of confidence, JerseyDevil headed for the mud pit. He took a detour, so that he wouldn’t run into Coney on his way there.

11.00 pm: The spectators cheered as JerseyDevil and Coney entered the mud pit. Since it was quite dark, the pit was lit up by a few spotlights. There would be no fun if the fans couldn’t see their heroes wrestling in the mud. The Coney fans had great banderols, on which it was written: “Jesus supports Coney”. The JerseyDevil fans had pins on their clothes, which said “Go JerseyDevil”, “I support JD” and “JD Mud Wrestling 2003”.
Now the national anthems were being sung. First, all the Coney fans stood up and sang “God save the Queen”. Then the JerseyDevil fans sang “The Star Spangled Banner”, and even the # brothers from Canada joined in.

11.10 pm: JerseyDevil put out his cigar and Coney took of his sunglasses (it was a dark night and Coney could hardly see anything with them). The match began.
The two contestants started the match easy. The gave each other bear hugs and tried to bring each other out of balance. They also tried not to ruin their expensive clothes too much.
- “Hey Coney, be careful with my suit. And stop splashing mud all over my pants!”
- “Bugger, my shoes are all muddy. I had spent a lot of time polishing them you know. And my trousers are even muddier than yours, so stop complaining!”

11.20 pm: The battle intensified. The contestants no longer cared about their clothes, now they were rolling around in the mud, wrestling. It started raining, which made the mud even muddier.
- “JerseyDevil, you wrestle good. But I think you’re holding back. Don’t do it, do your best!”
- “And I know you can wrestle better than this! So let’s stop wrestling like silly women and let’s get into high quality wrestling!”
[music= Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana (Oh, Fortuna)]
JerseyDevil and Coney threw their jackets away. For a long time, they stared at one another, then they attacked.

11.30 pm: The wrestling match turned into a match of boxing. JerseyDevil and Coney punched and blocked, hit and dodged. Coney got a few good hits and managed to break some of JerseyDevil’s ribs, at the expense of his own nose, which JerseyDevil crushed with one blow.

11.40 pm: The contestants were battered, their blood mixing with the rain water. This was a violent fight indeed. JerseyDevil wanted a time-out, and Coney accepted. The contestants left the mud pit and were taken care of by their fans. Their blood-stained knuckles were wrapped in bandages. JerseyDevil’s fans provided their hero with painkillers, while Sween gave Coney some of his vodka to forget the pain. “Remember, pain is temporal, pride is forever!”, Sween said.
- “Hey Coney!”, JerseyDevil yelled. “What do you think of bringing in some
real weapons into the match, just to make the fight a little bit more exciting?”
- “Sounds like a good idea, let’s do it!”

11.45 pm: Once again, the contestants stood staring at one another in the mud pit. The rain was now pouring down, turning the pit into a pool of muddy water.
JerseyDevil fans had given a trident to their hero, a very suitable weapon for a devil. Coney was equipped with a crowbar. There was a flash of lightning and the crowbar sparked in the light. “I’ll show you how the English football hooligans fight!”, Coney yelled. It seemed as if he had a halo over his head.

[music= Valkyries were singing, angels were crying] This was a battle of titans, filled with symbolism. It was UK vs. USA, Jesus vs. the Devil, Good vs. Evil, Right vs. Wrong. The world trembled as the contestants clashed.
Coney moved swiftly, it seemed as if he was actually walking on the water in the water-filled pit. JerseyDevil had problems though, as he stumbled around in the mud. He had to be on the defensive and block Coney’s attacks, since he couldn’t really fight back. But JerseyDevil had the advantage of having a bigger weapon, so he was able to fend off Coney’s blows.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 05-28-2003 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:13 PM   #642
Jonathan

JerseyDevil vs. Coney

11.55 pm: JerseyDevil learned to manoeuvre in the muddy pool and was now able to hit back. Coney moved with angelic speed but JerseyDevil matched him with his own demonic speed. There were sparks every time the trident and the crowbar met.

12.00 am: Lightning struck the mud pit, dazzling the spectators and destroying the spotlights. It took a while until the spectators could see anything again. The Coney and JerseyDevil fans lit up the mud pit with their torches and could see Coney lying there, seemingly lifeless with his crowbar shattered right next to him. But where was JerseyDevil?
Suddenly JerseyDevil crawled up from the muddy pool, holding a broken trident. The JerseyDevil fans cheered and screamed: “Tell us what happened! We couldn’t see because we were blinded by the flash of lightning!”
JerseyDevil answered in a hoarse voice: “Lightning struck my trident, charging it with electricity. With a powerful blow, I gave Coney an electric chock thus taking him out. My hair caught fire in the process, so I had to dive into the muddy pool to extinguish it”.
Then, from out of nowhere, a white little rabbit entered the pit and started licking Coney’s face. He immediately woke up and said: “Bugger me, I think I lost”.

12.15 am: JerseyDevil had won the match and his fans lifted him on their shoulders and cheered. Coney was given medical attention his fans and Sween gave him some beer. Of course, Coney was depressed that he had lost, but we was also happy. He had found himself a new buddy, namely the white little rabbit.
- “JerseyDevil!”, he said. “I think I’m gonna name my new buddy rabbit after you!”
- “I’m honoured”, JerseyDevil answered. “Just don’t let him bite me, he seems to have sharp teeth”.
- “Qui me amat, amat et cuniculum (Those who love me, love my rabbit too)”, Coney said and his fans cheered and lifted both him and his rabbit on their shoulders. As Coney was taken away by his fans, he said: “Forsan et haec olim meminisse (perhaps some day it will bring pleasure to remember even these things)”.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 05-28-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:22 PM   #643
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

Oh bugger. We lost. Oh well, go Coney!

EDIT: Lol, I forgot to congratulat JD. Congrats JD.

Last edited by Lady of Rohan : 05-28-2003 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:23 PM   #644
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Wohoo! It's up! it's up!

Well done Jonathan! You've outdone yourself this time.

Congrats sunshine, er ... Jersey Devil.

Head up Coney, remember: to the loser goes the booze.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:27 PM   #645
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Hey team - we won. Again thanks for all the support. let's all be good sports and not gloat - well at least not too much.

Let's all go out now and party - psstt - Jonathan is buying.

Should we invite the Coney team to come along? Cast your votes.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-28-2003 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:28 PM   #646
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

go coney! yay!
well i havn't been on this thread for a long time so whats the score or is there a score?
and a vote for yes!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when

Last edited by Bunnie_Queen_1146 : 05-28-2003 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:45 PM   #647
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Should we invite the Coney team to come along? Cast your votes.
Sure! (I'm sure that some people of our team will appreciate the invitation cough:SweenandConeyifthere'sdrinks:cough )
Old 05-28-2003, 04:49 PM   #648
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

so i guess we are going or are we....
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 05-28-2003, 05:01 PM   #649
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunnie_Queen_1146
so i guess we are going or are we....
Oh - come along if you want. We're not going to be spoiled winners. The more the merrier. I'm just glad you didn't riot like is so usual among the British soccer fans.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-28-2003, 05:04 PM   #650
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

That's just because we're Canadian.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:09 PM   #651
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
That's just because we're Canadian.
No - you guys just riot at concerts.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #652
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Congrats, JD. You gonna take the Jonothong site down now?
Old 05-28-2003, 05:20 PM   #653
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Erhem. We won. Congrats. Woohoo!

I see you brought out "cartoon BoP".

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-28-2003, 05:21 PM   #654
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Congrats, JD.
Thanks

Now hopefully the Jersey Devils will win the Stanley Cup and the New Jersey Nets will win the NBA Championship. I wonder if I get my name in the Star Ledger now.
Quote:

You gonna take the Jonothong site down now?
No. I'm not taking it down now.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-28-2003, 05:27 PM   #655
Ararax
Elven Warrior

::Ararax and a couple other jerseyites release Jonathans family as hostages::

we won? what a suprise
Old 05-28-2003, 05:28 PM   #656
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Congrats JD.......good fight

Jonothan, that was hilarious ........ Wheres the booze then?

Beatallica
Old 05-28-2003, 05:33 PM   #657
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney

Jonothan, that was hilarious ........ Wheres the booze then?
The booze is at Sween's home. I hope he doesn't mind
Old 05-28-2003, 05:35 PM   #658
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Thank you - it was good fight.

I have to correct something that New JerseyAN has typed above. Ararax - we our NOT Jerseyites - we are New JerseyANS.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-28-2003, 05:37 PM   #659
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
The booze is at Sween's home. I hope he doesn't mind
So are you on your way to Sweens house now?

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-28-2003, 05:45 PM   #660