FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:29 AM   #641
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
~ If you mow the words 'Frodo Lives' into your lawn. (Yes, I've done that. )
Genius Elf Girl, I think I might be able to get "Sam" into our lawn, but "Frodo lives" is too tall of an order. Sam would like our yard because there's lots of flower beds.

or...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamigar
You start jumping down khazms hoping to meet a balrog on the way down.
You spell "chasm" as "khazm" because it looks Swarvish.

~_^ Nice Gamigar, two obsessed points in one.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 07-16-2003, 08:18 PM   #642
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Strider

you and your best friend buy a Gollum stand up at the mall and then set it up in your car. then you stick it out the sky light in your best friend's mom's car so that everyone can see it. oh ya, and your best friends older brother is in the car and is really really embarrased. hee! hee! hee! i think we scared some old ladys here and there.

yes yes yes i did that today. it was really really fun. even the cops waved. i think we might have cause a couple accidents though.... oh well...

now that the said Gollum stand up is sleeping in your bedroom you keep waking us clutching your ring of power because you are afraid that Gollum might slit your throught in hte middle of the night to take it.

yes... that has happened to. hes really creepy, i keep waking up and Gollums just looking at me! i know he wants my ring of power but hell never get it! NEVER!

(oh and just incase you are looking for anything fun to do, turn those clocks with out number on the upside down during the nigth so every one gets freaked out when they wake up and its like 2 30 instead of 8 ocklock. yes that very fun too. until my dad found out it was me... )

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
Old 07-16-2003, 08:29 PM   #643
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

ph ya i forgot...

me and my best friend drewall over her Legolas stand up. we wroght LOSER on his forhead and gave him lots of zits and big lips and a uni brow.... and then we realized we had used permanent marker. (oopps... i was suppost to find the wipe-off markers... my bad) so we tried to use windex to get it off, but we ended up rubbing off have his face. (darn. cause he was always sooooo attractive *sarcastic voice*) so then we put our make-up on him. (omg! it was sooo much fun!) we put concealer all over his face to hide where we had rubbed away his *skin*. and we gave him sparkly pink eye shadow and mascara. and lots of blush and bringht lipstick. i swear to god he looked exactly like a girl. then we took pictures of him and her Aragorn stand up. they wree prom dates. (I took digital pictures so i can post them here when i get back to my house) it was a real rush man, you should try it some time.

then we dropped Legolas out the second story window. i think the neighbors got a little worried there for a second....
~KAte and Carrie (<eowyngirl14)

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
Old 07-17-2003, 03:49 PM   #644
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hahaha!!! That reminds me of the time a piece of crap toaster in our residence lit my toast on fire, causing the smoke alarm to ring for two hours. In revenge (and for fire safety) I chucked the offending toaster out a two story window. It smashed brilliantly!

Anyway... I must be obsessed with TTT because I was giving my boyfriend directions on how to get to my obscure residence, and I (allegedly) said "Drive around two towers." I meant to say "Drive around Gage towers."

Cheerio! |N|
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 07-17-2003, 03:52 PM   #645
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Obsessed when you try and find a way to go online while you are working.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:30 AM   #646
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

When you're set free in Venice, you run for an internet cafe and speedmoot your heart out.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:45 AM   #647
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

No, Bomabdillo... that's when you're obsessed with Entmoot.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #648
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

good to see ya Bombadillo. How's Europe?

When you chase a moth around a thrift shop then finally catch it with your bare hand, take it outside, and command it to send a message to the Lord of the Eagles.

Well that wasn't in the book...but I still did it anyway

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens

Last edited by Dreran the Green : 07-24-2003 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:52 AM   #649
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
Obsessed when you try and find a way to go online while you are working.
Even I didn't do that when I did work experience. I went online but I resisted the call of Entmoot. I looked up medical research terms instead. Go me! How much do you guys think of Entmoot when doing other things?

Oh, and obsessed with Tolkien. Every time I read/hear something about someone dangling off a cliff, I think Maedhros in the Silmarillion. Has happened to me a number of times.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:50 PM   #650
katya
Elven Maiden

you are starting to look a bit like a hobbit from lack of exersize. (you're too busy re-reading lotr)
Old 08-30-2003, 06:21 AM   #651
melianmaia
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

you're obsessed with LotR if every night when you are asleep you "see" chapters of lotr as a serial (it stops on the most intresting moment and continues on the next night).
(i'm not that obsessed yet)
Old 08-30-2003, 02:47 PM   #652
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

You know you're obsessed when you know a guy named Pat the Brown.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 09-02-2003 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:47 AM   #653
Strongbow
Hobbit

you know your obsessed when mostof your aches are from mooting too much and your cuts are papaer cuts on silmarillion
~ Duke Raul
===========
Old 09-06-2003, 08:57 PM   #654
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

You know you're obsessed when, every time the sun rises, and it's red, you say "A red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night."
Old 09-07-2003, 07:51 AM   #655
nessa
Enting

Tom Bombadil

Not a personal tale to me but one of my brothers. He was lying on the floor in the bathroom, reading his LOTR and painting the skirting board! At the same time and, do you know, he didn't make a mess. We suspect that he had the 'EYE' on mobile duty for himself!
Old 09-07-2003, 01:46 PM   #656
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

lol!

Your obsessed when at school you are supposed to be drawing a poster to stop people smoking and insted you draw a group of Hobbits sitting around smoking their pipes. (i havn't done that but i know someone who has)

Quote:
When you even think of LotR and Entmoot when you are abroad.
The same mate was in Spain (2 years in a row) and they are always showing Lord of the Rings (in Spanish) in like a shopping mall, and she says she stands there and gets drawn in and she quotes the film in English and stands there fighting thin air and then her brother joins in and they act out the film lol.
1st time it was FOTR this year it was TTT their parents were NOT happy. lol
Old 12-22-2003, 10:55 PM   #657
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

You can write a report on any topic in the world, and you decide to do it on how Tolkien portrayed nature/industry in his books. And you refuse to change your mind when your teacher says it's too dificult for a ninth grader.

Your school system is stupid enough to be open on the week of Christmas, and you are doing nothing in class. So, you get a pass to the library and spend the period going on LotR related websites. Then you go to your next period only to get another pass.

When you shave your legs you refuse to touch your ankles or lower because that's the closest you'll get to hobbit hair.

Most of your friends get you LotR-related Christmas gifts, because they know you'll appreciate it.

You carry these gifts around to all your classes and arange them on your desk, with the place for your assignment only an afterthought.

Almost everything you see or hear reminds you of something in LotR.

When you hear someone say a line that is in the LotR movies, you repeat it in the same voice as the actors did, and add some of the dialogue near it.

Guilty of all of the above.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 12-23-2003, 01:33 AM   #658
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

You regard fellow Mooters as personal friends, equal to people you have actually met in person.
Quote:
Old 12-23-2003, 05:01 PM   #659
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

You don't have any LotR related t-shirts or jewelry, so you borrow your friend's One Ring (on a chain of course) to wear to the theater on opening night. Then, halfway through the movie you wonder why you are wearing something EVIL, and want to destroy it. Only you remember that it's your friend's and you have to return it, so you just take it off.

Guilty again.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 12-23-2003, 05:14 PM   #660
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That rocks ethuiliel! lol!

I usually post one's I'm guilty of as well. Like this one.

For the past two nights you've had trouble sleeping, but you don't care because you read the Lord of the Rings in the wee hours of the morning until you're too tired to read, and fall asleep.

(I read FotR in three days, I actually did get on with my life sometimes, and now I'm in to TTT.)
Quote:
Closed Thread