Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 12:31 PM   #641
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins
my lot in life is to champion the battle against on-topic threads throughout the 'net
Lol.

Vent: I've already revised an essay assignment about three times, and I've got to do it again.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-12-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:40 AM   #642
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I'm surprised this thread's discussion has so far slipped past the mods, or whatever, since it turned from a venting thread into a discussion about AIDS. Which is a very interesting discussion, don't get me wrong, it just seems like it deserves a thread of its own.
I've read it, it's just that last time I saw it, it seemed as though it was making its way back on-topic. However, now at my next visit, it has gotten away from venting.

I agree with Lotesse -- the AIDS discussion (interesting though it is) should probably be moved to another thread.

Psalm 107:31
Old 08-13-2005, 02:57 AM   #643
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It's just that you guys go ape when that happens. Why doesn't someone start a thread and save us all that angst?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:22 AM   #644
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

пойдите спать
Old 08-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #645
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yeah Loteese--you do it!

*hides from the wrath of the mooters*

*peeks out* See how much you like it!

*gets smacked by a flying shoe and goes back into hiding*
Old 08-13-2005, 10:37 AM   #646
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

We have a thread on AIDS already. Cut and paste!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 08-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #647
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Yeah, there already is a thread devoted to this. We could even talk about it on the gay & lesbian thread. However, I don't think it's necessary. Everyone's arguing with me, and I think I'm done. Let the thread drift back into the venting realm, in peace .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 08-13-2005, 11:50 PM   #648
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Happy Ending!!!

Lief's Delight:

I am BLAZING with happiness right now. Happier than I've been in many weeks, I think. Happy and contented. Today has been one of the best days I've had in a long time.

That issue I had earlier of hearing God or Satan, I heard correctly. I heard God correctly and he filled me with his Holy Spirit so that I was able to do it as he wanted it done. It was a complicated matter. I was supposed to rebuke the youth leader at our church for placing too great a focus on building friendships, for this was at the expense of building people's relationships with God.

The Lord prepared my conversation with our leader very well. He suddenly inspired me one Sunday first to invite that leader to go to the beach with us. We did this. We took the man with us and had a great time, and then did the same thing the following week. This built the layer of trust needed for me to accomplish my mission.

Then today, I invited him to attend our Saturday Fencing Competition. The Lord had told me the previous day to speak to our leader with gentleness, humility, sincerity and truth, to speak with courage and strength, yet at the same time to do everything in love.

When I was preparing for our conversation, I couldn't think of anything right to say. My opinions seemed too blunt, too harsh. I prayed that the Lord would overcome me with his Holy Spirit so that I could do what he wished, and the Lord granted the request.

Today, the Holy Spirit filled me and I was enabled to speak with graciousness and in friendship the whole time. It was great. He came out of the meeting 100% not offended. We were able to talk freely and with great pleasure about other things that amused us afterward, off-topic. I don't know how much he'll heed my message- that's between him and the Lord. However, I did what the Lord wanted, and the Lord made me do it right, and as a major added bonus, I was greatly victorious also that day in our Fencing Competition!!!!!

I got the silver medal, having defeated other tough fencers to get there. There were several tough fencers present that day. The swordfighting was fierce (I still have red marks on my wrist and hand from one particularly lunatic fencer having slashed me up!), but I made it through and did better than ever .

Everything has gone right today. I had a delicious supper upon returning, and have been filled with happiness and peace. So today, I'm on an all-time high.

The thing where I had to discern between Satan's word and the Lord's was when this task was being assigned. The Lord was telling me to do this, and demons were causing me to have doubt and to wonder whether that was God or Satan speaking. Finally the Lord wrapped me in his protection and I discerned it was indeed him, and that the doubt came from the enemy.

Anyway, all has come out well today. The mission went beautifully, as did the fencing, and I'm very, very happy about both. It's the first time I've got a silver medal, and that was tough fighting!

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-14-2005 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:54 AM   #649
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

for Lief!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 08-14-2005, 03:39 AM   #650
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Two thumbs up for the Lord!

A very great day . . .

Old 08-15-2005, 08:41 AM   #651
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I'm struggling to deal with my new Lamictin dose. I feel "washed out" and drowsy and without movitation and my eyes are burning. A constant hangover, running from Saturday morning.

And to make matters worse, I'm NOT experiencing the lack of emotion that I've become accustomed to over the last few weeks.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:51 AM   #652
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andúril
I'm struggling to deal with my new Lamictin dose. I feel "washed out" and drowsy and without movitation and my eyes are burning. A constant hangover, running from Saturday morning.

And to make matters worse, I'm NOT experiencing the lack of emotion that I've become accustomed to over the last few weeks.
Wow, that sucks! Poor Andy-pandy. How long will the effects last for? What you need is some lovely warm soup, real stir-fry and a BIIIIIIIGGGGGG HUG. (You're going to have to hug yourself because I'm not going anywhere near you )
Old 08-15-2005, 09:08 AM   #653
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaewen
Wow, that sucks! Poor Andy-pandy. How long will the effects last for?
I have no idea. Usually I feel a little "different" on the first day, but afterwards I feel quite normal. Now it's like I've been hit by a bus......made out of marshmallow....or something.
Quote:
What you need is some lovely warm soup, real stir-fry and a BIIIIIIIGGGGGG HUG. (You're going to have to hug yourself because I'm not going anywhere near you )
I had two big bowls of soup yesterday, because I forgot to have lunch. I might be having stir fry tonight (the real deal).

I'll imagine that hug. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #654
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andúril
I have no idea. Usually I feel a little "different" on the first day, but afterwards I feel quite normal. Now it's like I've been hit by a bus......made out of marshmallow....or something.
I guess you're at work? Sounds like you need a lot of rest hun. I don't know how you can move around (or do anything!) feeling like that!

Quote:
I had two big bowls of soup yesterday, because I forgot to have lunch. I might be having stir fry tonight (the real deal).

I'll imagine that hug. Thanks.
Oh. If that didn't help, I'm not sure what else can. Maybe you can look at more Japanese girls in sailor outfits?
You don't need to imagine the hug. You can literally hug yourself.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:41 AM   #655
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaewen
I guess you're at work? Sounds like you need a lot of rest hun. I don't know how you can move around (or do anything!) feeling like that!

Oh. If that didn't help, I'm not sure what else can. Maybe you can look at more Japanese girls in sailor outfits?
You don't need to imagine the hug. You can literally hug yourself.
I just did it.

Maybe what would make me feel better is if you tell me how much you liked the Restaurant Scene.

I saw a sailor outfit-clad Japanese girl last night. She was surrounded by a bunch of guys. All smiles. Anyway, I won't bother anyone with the details.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #656
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Hey, Anduril, did you ever see that movie "Kill Bill" where there's this really psycopathic Japanese schoolgirl, she plays Lucy Liu's bodyguard. It's a killer movie, BTW if you haven't already seen it. Maybe you should curl up in bed for a while & watch good DVDs; that's what I might do. Either that, or shoot your psychiatrist! That crap sounds like miserable medicine, just miserable. I feel so bad 4 U. Feel better soon, O.K.? moothug...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 08-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #657
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Did you talk to your doctor about those side effects? By now you might have forgotten that is very important to do. I hope you get it settled out quickly.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #658
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Yeah, I remember her (in the first film).
Old 08-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #659
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Did you talk to your doctor about those side effects? By now you might have forgotten that is very important to do. I hope you get it settled out quickly.
He is on leave until next week.

They always go on leave at the wrong times.

Anyway, I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Essentially, it's like Friday's dose messed me up right through Saturday, and that night's dose added straight on. And then Sunday's dose.

And now tonight, in three hours time. It's weird, as it seems the effect is "building".

I can't wait.

Stupidly, I had a chocolate mousse cake-inspired sugar rush this afternoon. But it tasted so good.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:25 PM   #660
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Hey, Anduril, did you ever see that movie "Kill Bill" where there's this really psycopathic Japanese schoolgirl, she plays Lucy Liu's bodyguard.
Heh. I finished watching the movie only minutes ago. Here's a pic of her for Andúril to look at.

Sorry to hear about the side effects Andúril. Hope you get better soon. Say, did you have your Lamictin dose changed recently or did the side effects start right after you started taking the medicine?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Closed Thread