Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #641
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Evening, BB! Glad you are back.

What about Ol' Widow Watching? The reception at the Chancellor's in the morning news spiced with some gossip?

Wonderful posts, All!

Rian, I have changed the post about Annawen. Now she will come after Earniel.

But what can I post? We must have your talk with Earniel and Annawen before we can come home to have our party!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #642
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

then post something for old mrs W!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #643
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Nay, BB, you better do it yourself. She is not my character at all. Don't FEEL her if you understand what I mean

Lilly wants her party!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #644
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

what? As strong and as canny as Granny weatherwax and as bawdy and fun-loving as Nanny Ogg ... with a fun, impulsive side and a good story to tell?

You suprise me dear crazy squirrel....

hopefully you guys remember she only turned up in the first place to be able to post a good pr story in support of shah's marty and ray (handsome three-eyed duo rescue damsel in distress ...)

but she got very short shrift rpg-wise on that account.

Mind you i think she will be a great addition to this rich RPG stable. (although i wouldn't go as far as to say Mearas )

to me she is semi public ... (well, you have to remember .. this is well before indoor middens became the norm! .. and her legs aren't as quick as they were! )

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-19-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #645
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

"handsome three-eyed duo rescue damsel in distress ..." AHA! Oh thats wonderful! I think that Widow can be a very useful character to spread infromation and inform our characters...
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #646
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Gordis:

* Is that; Love Potion Number... NINE!?? Or Number Seven??

* My apologies... 'Veandur' - not 'Veantur' was the earlier name for Isildur's third son, according to PoME.

* So - Ilmenzor preceded Ohtar as Isildur's esquire then? Good - because I already had in mind for Ohtar to be significantly younger than Estelmo. Like maybe 30 or 40 at the time of Gladden.

* Are Estelmo's thoughts still out of your continuity anywhere? Let me know and I'll rein him back in.

BB: What's with all the 'placeholder posts' in the Official Information thread? You and LSP will be the only ones posting there anyway... so what do you need placeholders for anyway?

As far as Annawen goes... I thought I already had her working back at The Red Herring that evening... does she leave the party early? Stop off to work for a couple hours before she can slip away? Or should I change that post?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 09-19-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #647
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Rian, I have changed the post about Annawen. Now she will come after Earniel.

But what can I post? We must have your talk with Earniel and Annawen before we can come home to have our party!
Thanks, CS!
If you guys want to go ahead with your party, then go ahead - we can always do an "earlier that evening", or rpg-Rian remembering back on the conversation as she schleps food and wind, or something like that If I have my international time down, the real-life Earniel is sound asleep now and won't be posting! I might be able to post a little later on, tho. So go ahead with the party!!!

par-TEH! par-TEH! w00t! w00t! w00T!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-20-2005, 12:25 AM   #648
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Hey, formal info thread minders - could you please post a top-level character summary, kind of like my post #295 in this thread, over in the formal info thread? And include things like who is posing as who's brother/sister/cousin, etc. Thanks! that will be a big help for this newbie
When are we gonna start doing this? Rian's not the only one starting to need this info easily accessible; there are a LOT of various new characters, and their bios are kinda scattered here & there and some of them start to get a bit confusing/overwhelming. .

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-20-2005, 01:45 AM   #649
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I think I'll post a quick bio of my character over there, and then field suggestions for possible format changes It seems like the general consensus is for the first few posts to be by the people that plan to stick around for the whole rpg, and then each character-minder can post their character's bio.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 09-20-2005, 01:49 AM   #650
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Oh... o.k., then I guess I'll cut'n'paste my Viv bio, too, and do the same thing; I plan on staying with her throughout the RPG.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:26 AM   #651
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Valandil:

well, i was told here to go patrol the street, in order that it didn't drop down the board and couldn't be seen.

all the posts are then editable either by me, the GUV (if he ever gets round to his duties ..ahem ... or by yourself or Earniel who can edit in there too ... though if you do please leave my patrol post in there at the very bottom divided by a line ........................ just for reference and continuity.

trouble is i thought you wanted a big lists of links to bios: so it was easier to go through. Someone needs to show me how to make the link, etc also everyone needs to get their bios and decide exactly what info we want in there... meantime the GUVNOR and constable BB have been keeping your fair city safe ... you can sleep soundly tonight Sire ... No evil will enter your walls while we're around!

still no harm in people banging info in there for now ... I guess we bang it all in there for now then someone tidies it up into link form...

though it might be nice or polite if they said a "hello" or something to the watch down there working tirelessly day and night to keep Tharbad safe from evil ... when they post!

(as a footnote of course )

.................................................. ....

Valandil: Loved the two new characters and an all round triumph of a post.

regarding raising the bar (as opposed to leaning on it) no, it is not intimidating ... it is inspiring! Though when i cannot wing something good i'll just wing something half decent ... hopefully, rather than stop the flow...

Shah: can i too call on you to edit out the nazgul references .. there are at least two ... you do not know they are nazgul ... and probably wouldn't go to a party with a house full of 'em! ... oh and see you on the street sometime GUV' ...

best all, mind how you go
BB
Old 09-20-2005, 10:21 AM   #652
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Gordis:

* Is that; Love Potion Number... NINE!?? Or Number Seven??
YES, it is the most potent love potion from Gordis's collection. And she has a THICK book of them. It must work on you, Val

Quote:
* My apologies... 'Veandur' - not 'Veantur' was the earlier name for Isildur's third son, according to PoME.
That was close...

Quote:
* So - Ilmenzor preceded Ohtar as Isildur's esquire then? Good - because I already had in mind for Ohtar to be significantly younger than Estelmo. Like maybe 30 or 40 at the time of Gladden.
Well, yes, but he quit this post right after the war started and Isildur decided to go North to seek help from Elendil. Ilmenzor remained in Gondor. He was about 47 at the time, so about 20-30 years older than Ohtar.

But I don't think that Isildur had only ONE esquire at any given time. I believe he may have had 5-10 simultaniously, mostly young nobles. So perhaps Ohtar and Ilmenzor BOTH were King's squires for some time before the war.

Quote:
* Are Estelmo's thoughts still out of your continuity anywhere? Let me know and I'll rein him back in.
I think they are just perfect. He can even add some details about his recollections of Ilmenzor. But it is up to him.

Quote:
As far as Annawen goes... I thought I already had her working back at The Red Herring that evening... does she leave the party early? Stop off to work for a couple hours before she can slip away? Or should I change that post?
Ah yes, you refer to post# 104. I think we better make her work in the evening, so don't change your post, Val. But perhaps you could add a reference to the Ice-Chancellor and his distressing reception?

CS, please perhaps you could add to your post #116 about Annawen obliged to return to work that evening, where she hopes to see Val, and deciding to go and see Rian later

Last edited by Gordis : 09-20-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #653
Rían

Does anyone else like the language stuff I posted about, or am I the only language twit around here? I think it's fascinating!

BB - it seemed to make sense for each person to post their own character's bios, because then they can edit it (and here's a thought - at the beginning of the rpg, you'll post less, then you can add on later as things are "discovered" about your character, so people new to the rpg can be up-to-date!) so I went ahead and did it. I'll check with the watch before making any others *gives the watch a few donuts and some coffee*

Mr. Watch, can we make this thread a work-in-progess, and see what works and what doesn't? I'd suggest that each character gets ONE (and only one) post, written by their Mooter-handler, and the Watch use the first few posts to put in:

1. rpg-background -
like, "This rpg was started when so-and-so and I thought, "what would happen early in the Third Age with the Nazgul?", and we tossed around some ideas and decided to make it an rpg!"

2. rpg-history -
like, "This rpg takes place in the year 50 T.A. in the area of Tharbad. The premise is that King Val is going to the Univ. of S. Tharbad, and unbeknownst (love that word!) to him, the Nazgul are gathering around there. Recent history inclues blah-blah-blah, etc."

3. rpg character summary -
like, "major characters and their "handlers" -
King Valandil, age xxx, handled by : Mooter Valandil;
Beautiful Boomerang, undead butterfly, handled by: Mooter Butterbeer;
Annawen, young human lady working at the Red Herring, handled by : (public character);
etc.

Anyway, there's some ideas - what do you guys think? Let's try some things out and see what works

Last edited by Rían : 09-20-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #654
Rían

Lotesse - I just saw Viv's bio - I really like those categories you added (motivation, etc.)! I'll go fill them out for RÃ*an later on today.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #655
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I like your last entry, Rian! Now I'm beginning to wonder, tho, how to get Lilly to be able to be nice to Earniel, since she's an elf and all. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. CS, are you around today? Gordis, TD, GW? Hum. How to proceed... Viv will have no problem with it, and Penny's pretty laid back too, but - I'm trying to think - maybe if Marty & Ray show up at the house right before the 3 nazgul, having passed the company walking home and Viv could have invited them, oh, dammit! I am stuck here. What to do next...

Old 09-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #656
Rían

BB - I got Boomerang to Orrodel, if that's ok with you (if not, let me know and I'll edit it out, but I like having you around!)

Lotesse - I have to leave in a few minutes - I was going to keep RÃ*an and Eärniel behind the scenes, if that was ok with Eärniel - kind of have RÃ*an run out with some food, then run back to the kitchen area and talk with Eärniel, something like that - so the Nazgul wouldn't have to even know Eärniel is there. Unless you have an idea, Eärniel? And Annawen may or may not show up, too.

GTG, unfortunately! But will do some thinking while I"m gone.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #657
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

[QUOTE RÃ*an] I was going to keep RÃ*an and Eärniel behind the scenes, if that was ok with Eärniel - kind of have RÃ*an run out with some food, then run back to the kitchen area and talk with Eärniel, something like that - so the Nazgul wouldn't have to even know Eärniel is there. Unless you have an idea, Eärniel? And Annawen may or may not show up, too.
[QUOTE]
AH! Good idea, behind the scenes is perfect! And I'm glad you brought BB, too, just right!

Old 09-20-2005, 03:39 PM   #658
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
well, i was told here to go patrol the street, in order that it didn't drop down the board and couldn't be seen.
Well, don't say I didn't warn you about that disadvantage of a third thread. But you better have valid information going into those placeholders later. I cannot let you spam that third thread for the whole run of the game so it stays on the first page of the RPG-forum. Let it sink when it will.

Quote:
trouble is i thought you wanted a big lists of links to bios: so it was easier to go through. Someone needs to show me how to make the link, etc
That's still possible (and advisable). Let us all post one post per character that we play in the third thread and you, BB, can put links to the different character-posts in the first or second post, like a sort of index. How does that sound? I explained how to do links a few pages back so you can look that up.

Quote:
still no harm in people banging info in there for now ... I guess we bang it all in there for now then someone tidies it up into link form...
I think that is the best solution. If we post the 'first-draft' bios first here, then other people can still suggest changes so that only the finished character-bio goes into the third thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
I have to leave in a few minutes - I was going to keep RÃ*an and Eärniel behind the scenes, if that was ok with Eärniel - kind of have RÃ*an run out with some food, then run back to the kitchen area and talk with Eärniel, something like that - so the Nazgul wouldn't have to even know Eärniel is there. Unless you have an idea, Eärniel? And Annawen may or may not show up, too.
Sounds very good to me. That way Lilly doesn't have to deal with yet another Elf and Eärniel doesn't have to feel constantly uncomfortable. She doesn't know yet it's only the nazgul that make her feel that way , she still thinks she's too unused to too many people. I wonder when she will find out - IF she ever finds out. Eärniel may be an Elf but isn't necesarily the brighest star in the heavens.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #659
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

sounds fair to me.

i only joined up to have some fun patrolling the streets with SHAH ...

but if i happened to take on any responsibility then i will of course honour that.

I, too, am aware and keen for some valid info to go into the third thread!

please just bear with me and shah and earniel and val (who are more than welcome to step in ... ) .... let's get it together ... on a personal note we have just learnt we have just missed out on a seven figure (Pound sterling) commission for a series .. and whilst o.k currently ... mmm .. am abit worse for wear just now ... (BTW tyhat's a lot of typos corrected so far! )

HO HUM!

BEST ALL bb
Old 09-21-2005, 05:33 AM   #660
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

oooooh, my head this morning!

RIAN:
Quote:
BB - I got Boomerang to Orrodel, if that's ok with you
... fine, glad someone got him home o.k. last night ... got any nectar? Or failing that a big fry-up? maybe i should go over to the teacup coffee and ask lotesse for a bacon and mushroom fry-up (and get a sausage and mushroom grill - we seem to be having so many confusing misunderstandings ... now i am kidding Lotesse! )

..er... regarding the rpg ... have completely forgotten what i was going to say ... sorry.

Gonna go get some aspirin or something. ...
*mumbles off incoherrently*
Closed Thread