Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2003, 11:37 PM   #621
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Getting? You mean you're not always supposed to have them?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:37 PM   #622
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Heh. Are you getting the little dotty things on your eyeballs yet?
Erm.........yeah, but I kinda thought that was the drink

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:40 PM   #623
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Today they released how the P.O.W. was rescued. Apparently the US was tipped off by a number of different Iraqi's, mainly the Doctor who was treating her. Apparently the guys who took her and the others captive had been torturing the P.O.W.'s and the doctor kept her safe from them. He wrote a letter and had it delivered to US Troops telling them of her exact location and everything that had happened, and he also said that they need to get her ASAP otherwise she was going to die. Also with that another person tipped off some troops telling of where she was and where she had been taken to.

With this information the 3rd Infantry Division provided cover-fire by distracting Iraqi forces while Navy Seals and Army Rangers teamed up in a special operations rescue. Apparently it only took them 10 minutes to get in, secure the area, and get her out. That is awesome! They interviewed her family today and they are so full of joy, I just hope we can get more of the P.O.W.'s out, but it's not looking good, because when rescueing her they also found the remains of 11 others who were tortured and executed
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:45 PM   #624
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

What is the world coming to?

It would be nice if the Shi'is would follow some rules.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:49 PM   #625
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
What is the world coming to?

It would be nice if the Shi'is would follow some rules.
*sigh* no rules here wahine..........war is the biggest of the *****ers

Bloody good work getting that young lass out tho'....gods nineteen yrs old and having gone through that, poor kid

Beatallica
Old 04-02-2003, 11:52 PM   #626
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
*sigh* no rules here wahine..........war is the biggest of the *****ers

Bloody good work getting that young lass out tho'....gods nineteen yrs old and having gone through that, poor kid
Yup, both legs broken, broken arm and at least one gunshot. That is just the preliminary report of her injuries, I hope it is nothing more than that even though it is already bad. I seriously hope they didn't rape her like they raped female P.O.W.'s in '91
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 04-02-2003, 11:59 PM   #627
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Yup, both legs broken, broken arm and at least one gunshot. That is just the preliminary report of her injuries, I hope it is nothing more than that even though it is already bad. I seriously hope they didn't rape her like they raped female P.O.W.'s in '91
For her sake, I hope we never find out[insufficient smilie]

If they have..........she won't need it all over the media.

She has time to heal now.........hopefully she will be strong enough to heal from more than just the physical effects.

(not aimed at you Dunny)

THIS IS WHY I ****IN' WELL HATE WAR.......A 19 YR OLD KID, ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED .......Goddammit, in fact, God has nothing to do with it

Beatallica
Old 04-03-2003, 03:03 AM   #628
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Dunny, I think Artanis meant to a stable, sound democracy in Iraq, not Saddam falling.
Yeah, that's what I meant, but the war must also be won first, so what Dúnedain said helps.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:05 AM   #629
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Apparently the guys who took her and the others captive had been torturing the P.O.W.'s and the doctor kept her safe from them.
It's great that this girl has been rescued. However, there has been very little evidence so far that she was tortured. The Pentagon, "that there was no apparent evidence Lynch had been tortured."

http://stacks.msnbc.com/news/889604.asp?0sl=-21

Edit: Just on the CNN biz-bar: Rescued POW had two broken legs due to gun shot wounds.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...cue/index.html

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-03-2003 at 07:24 AM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #630
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Is Saddam Hussein Dead?

Since that thread will most likely get closed - I'm going to restart it here.

The pentagon - through analysis and comparisons of the tapes coming out of Iraq now say they have come to the conclusion that those tapes were created BEFORE the war started. If this is the case - is he dead? Hurt? Who would be running the government? Is it really being run at all or is it just barely holding on?

I think he is dead or severly injured. I think the same fate fell on his sons.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 04-03-2003 at 06:25 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:02 PM   #631
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I have thought he was seriously hurt from the moment that one report came out that he was seen on a stretcher and that an ambulance was called in for the name "Hussein". Also, I find it very interesting that Saddam's #1 bodyguard, who never leaves his side mind you, was seen guarding the Information Minister at a press conference, very fishy...

--Linaewen
Old 04-03-2003, 09:08 PM   #632
jerseydevil

Quote:
I have thought he was seriously hurt from the moment that one report came out that he was seen on a stretcher and that an ambulance was called in for the name "Hussein". Also, I find it very interesting that Saddam's #1 bodyguard, who never leaves his side mind you, was seen guarding the Information Minister at a press conference, very fishy...
Yeah - I've found the whole thing fishy since the beginning. Everyone else that we accused of being dead or hurt came immediately forward - but not Hussein or his sons. I didn't know about the bodyguard - but that makes it even more interesting.

By the way Dúnedain, I love your flag sig.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-03-2003, 09:16 PM   #633
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

It would be a worrying thing to think that he was dead .......mostly because his government are still fighting.

It makes me wonder if he is dead, have the people below him managed to get their hands on his wealth so easily? I would imagine that if he had died those under him would try to escape/surrender to avoid charges of crimes against hummanity....this is what the Nazi's did afterall.

*shrugs*.....maybe the patriotic Iraq' have more pride than the Nazi regime

Beatallica
Old 04-03-2003, 09:21 PM   #634
jerseydevil

Quote:
It would be a worrying thing to think that he was dead .......mostly because his government are still fighting.
Maybe you haven't noticed - but so far they really haven't been fighting very well. There seems to be no organisation to the government or to the militia. They're hoping for the Propaganda victory.
Quote:

It makes me wonder if he is dead, have the people below him managed to get their hands on his wealth so easily? I would imagine that if he had died those under him would try to escape/surrender to avoid charges of crimes against hummanity....this is what the Nazi's did afterall.
We actually have no idea what the internal workings of the Iraqi government are right now. The only ojne really coming out is the Information Minister and he's telling the Iraqi people that the US is no where near Baghdad. This is even as we obtained control of the Baghdad International Airport.
Quote:

Not really with the cheering in the streets in the liberated sections. The Iraqi army might have been fighting - but it seems as if hardly anyone else is right now - or really have been. Basra has been difficult because of the Iraqi militia - not because of the Iraqi citizens.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 04-03-2003 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:25 PM   #635
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Check this out, new info about Jessica Lynch, the rescued POW:

Quote:
The Washington Post reported Thursday that Lynch shot several Iraqi soldiers during the firefight and kept firing until she ran out of ammunition even after suffering several gunshot wounds. Pentagon officials declined to comment on the report.

According to a military reporter with the First Marine Expeditionary Force, Marines were led to Lynch by an Iraqi man whose wife was a nurse at the hospital.

The man, a lawyer from Nasiriyah whom the reporter identified only as Mohammad, said he peered through the window of Lynch's room.

"I knew then I must help her be saved," the man was quoted as saying. "I decided I must go to tell the Americans."

The military reporter said that after Mohammad told Marines about Lynch's whereabouts, he returned to the hospital to gather intelligence, including the number of Iraqi troops guarding the building, the layout of the building and the room in which Lynch was kept.

Mohammad and his family have been granted refugee status and have been taken to a secure location, the reporter said.
Praise Mohammad and his bravery for his swift selfless actions for bringing one of our own out of the grips of death. I hope this guy gets a medal.

Great article read this ---> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83093,00.html

Lynch was not shot though so Im not sure what that crap from The Post is all about. /me shrugs

--Linaewen
Old 04-03-2003, 09:27 PM   #636
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:

Actually, imo, if Saddam were dead I think these other people would try and run things, because they have been with him since the beginning of his reign. So they have just as much vested interest in things, so I wouldn't really put it past them to step-up and continue forward...

--Linaewen
Old 04-03-2003, 09:28 PM   #637
jerseydevil

Quote:
Lynch was not shot though so Im not sure what that crap from The Post is all about. /me shrugs
I was going to say - the doctors said Lynch wasn't shot or stabbed - but they have no idea how she got her broken legs yet. Initially it was thought she had gunshot wounds and several stabbings - so the Washington post would have had the old information (from last night) printed in their paper.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 04-03-2003, 09:30 PM   #638
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Maybe you haven't noticed - but so far they really haven't been fighting very well
I don't recall stating how anyone was fighting ...... the war is not won yet.

Quote:
We actually have no idea what the internal workings of the Iraqi government are right now. The only ojne really coming out is the Information Minister.
That was my point.........if Saddam is dead, there are still others who are willing to take his place as leader(s) of the Iraq' armed forces

Quote:
Not really with the cheering in the streets in the liberated sections. The Iraqi army might have been fighting - but it seems as if hardly anyone else is right now - or really have been. Basra has been difficult because of the Iraqi militia - not because of the Iraqi citizens.
I was talking about the military/government of Iraq escaping/surrendering.....not the civilians

Anymore :rolleyes; and I'll be classed as epileptic....oops

Beatallica
Old 04-03-2003, 09:33 PM   #639
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I was going to say - the doctors said Lynch wasn't shot or stabbed - but they have no idea how she got her broken legs yet. Initially it was thought she had gunshot wounds and several stabbings - so the Washington post would have had the old information (from last night) printed in their paper.
I've heard on the news and on CNN that she had a broken arm, broken legs and one bullet wound. I can't imagine how she got all those limbs broken if she wasn't beaten up after being captured, although it is true that they said she fought very hard before being captured. She wanted to die rather than be captured, but that would have to be one heck of a fighting spirit to get all those injuries resisting capture.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 04-03-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:33 PM   #640
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Yes, I was just wondering why everyone sticks a at the end of every line on this thread.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote