Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #621
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Rian, please, do return! Welcome back anytime!

Udu and Sane, Loved your posts, but I can't say that they match very well. Perhaps you should both agree on something...

Udu! don't you turn Lilly away, please! I can tell you, that the Captain, when told, will see the necessity to teach Lilly some lesson. Don't worry overmuch about him.

Let us see what Serenoli writes. I would suggest for Tol to enter and have a talk and a drink with Udu. And join the trio. Doesn't he dislike Lilly enough?

Or, alternatively, let Tol only feel the presence of another nazgul inside and run to report to the Captain immediately, about this strange letter and a nazgul inside the indicated house.

Where is our TD? Khamul, Where are you?
Old 02-07-2006, 05:17 PM   #622
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Sorry I haven't posted in the RPG thread yet, will hopefully get a post up tonight or tomorrow.
Gor, I thought of having Khamûl tell the Captain before he goes to Udu's. Is that ok?

Udu, the Nazgûl presence will also be obvious to Lily, so something will have to be done about that.

Serenoli, what are your plans for Tol. He will not be odered around by Udu who is of a lower rank the himself, will he wait for Khamûl to arrive?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #623
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Sorry I haven't posted in the RPG thread yet, will hopefully get a post up tonight or tomorrow.
Gor, I thought of having Khamûl tell the Captain before he goes to Udu's. Is that ok?

Udu, the Nazgûl presence will also be obvious to Lily, so something will have to be done about that.

Serenoli, what are your plans for Tol. He will not be odered around by Udu who is of a lower rank the himself, will he wait for Khamûl to arrive?
How about that: Tol approaches Udu's house, feels there is a nazgul inside and quickly retreats. If Udu asks him who he is, he replies, "That's me, Tol, just passing by, sorry, have a nice time". Udu doesn't know Tol has read "King's "letter. He doesn't even know that Tol was appointed to Orrodel.
Why would Udu be suspicious?

Tol runs to the University, learns that the ML is atop the Library tower and goes there (it is still around 5.30-6 PM) and meets Khamul. Tol asks to see the Captain. Khamul asks: Why? They talk, and then go together to the Observatory to report to the ML?
Old 02-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #624
Telcontar_Dunedain

Sounds ok to me. Is that fine with you Serenoli? Should I post along those lines or wait?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 02-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #625
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
TD, that is fine with me.

Quote:
There is where the lovely "housekeeper" Tatyana and the "doorman" Ulfang come in to play. Udu will be conveniently "away." They will lure Lilly into the house, give her a few spell-drugged drinks, and by the time they have taken effect, Udu will be back. Nice little ambush.

That is why it always pays to have henchmen. Does not hurt to have a beautiful, sympathetic lady around, either.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 02-07-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #626
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Great idea, Udu.

TD, I advise you to let Serenoli post first. But don't disappear, please!

EDIT: TD, you can also come and report to the Captain on your own (then post right now). And when you meet Tol, tell him that the Captain knows everything already and take Tol with you to join Udu.

Last edited by Gordis : 02-07-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #627
Telcontar_Dunedain

I won't. Perhaps Tol, Khamûl, Viv and Aiwendis could all turn up to talk to the Chancellor at the same time.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #628
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
I won't. Perhaps Tol, Khamûl, Viv and Aiwendis could all turn up to talk to the Chancellor at the same time.
No, Khamul has to come to Udu at 6.30 already.
Tol has started from Orrodel at 5.
And Gor+Viv come to the ML at 7.30, much later.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #629
Telcontar_Dunedain

Ok. I will write the Khamûl-ML post now.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #630
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I'll edit my post and add far more. But I just had to pound that one out before it left my head. I also didnt specify exactly when my retaliation was to the original barrage of Udu's pirates. I had assumed you would have known that it would have taken about 15-30 minutes to get the men spread out and weapons ready. Dont worry about lack of bloodshed, by the time I am done, there will be plenty of dead people on my side as well.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #631
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Ok. I will write the Khamûl-ML post now.
OK, post how you get there and your report, and let me reply please.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #632
Telcontar_Dunedain

Will do.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #633
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Very nice post, TD, only why did you stop so early? I would love to hear how Khamul presents his case! Could you, perhaps, make it a bit longer, please?

Anyway, let us now wait for Serenoli to post.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #634
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I went back and re-read Udu's post. Was it just that one ship or were there others? I was thinking that there would be at least 3 or so...
Old 02-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #635
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
I went back and re-read Udu's post. Was it just that one ship or were there others? I was thinking that there would be at least 3 or so...
There were fifteen ships in all but three went back towards Umbar. So there is a fleet of twelve ships currently on the river. Watch, though, when the rest of the boys from the South get to Arnor. They know how to use Greek fire shot through pumps. They are good at the glass jar hurling methods, too.

The University might have to be vacated when the main fleet gets there, but who knows when that will be? Maybe there won't be anything left along the river by then.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 02-07-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #636
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You guys, this is getting GREAT! Ooo -ooo - oo TD, keep going! We wait with bated breath. Shah, Serenoli, TD, Udu, fantastic stuff. Now let's really get this warparty started! Good times, good times.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-08-2006, 02:19 AM   #637
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Christ, I still dont see how Tharbad is to defend against that unless they move their asses pronto and defeat them at the river.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:38 AM   #638
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Christ, I still dont see how Tharbad is to defend against that unless they move their asses pronto and defeat them at the river.
Might be a hot time in Tharbad some night. Water has no effect upon it. Stock up on sand.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #639
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

I have been away for a day and WOW! so many fantastic posts!
Especially yours, Serenoli! Cute!

I will head straight into the trap, have no fear. And Lilly will be so EXCITED she will hardly stop to scan the house for other nz. No problem here.

I will post after Serenoli, I think.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #640
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Very nice post, TD, only why did you stop so early? I would love to hear how Khamul presents his case! Could you, perhaps, make it a bit longer, please?
OK, I left it there so you could have the ML do has you will but I will make it longer. But I can't do it tonight as I'm going out soon and won't be able to get online again today.

Closed Thread