Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 12:03 AM   #621
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

"Educate," replied the figure. "Too few remember the ancient glory of Númenorianioriar, and even fewer remember it. It is we who must establish the great realm again on Middle-Earth. It is this island which has been chosen by Elendendil II as the new Númenroorioriar, and it will be restored to its former glory."

He glanced back and forth, looking at the sea.

"Anyhow, it's time for me to be going...I'll be back here at the same time, same place, same song."
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 08-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #622
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Oh, well, it was a pleasure to meet you," she said politely. Enelya glanced down at the pirate. "I'm sure he would agree."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #623
Huorn
Elven Warrior

...Now this is where the little Oak started to get herself into trouble. She spied the blue tree on the black of the blue feather man's cloak. Thinking he was some kind of friend of trees, she crept out from behind her hiding place and slowly approached on the sand.

Just call me Oakie
Old 08-27-2006, 01:13 PM   #624
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Oh dear," Enelya murmured. "Elendendil, I think your cloak is attracting the attention of Oak Leaf."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #625
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Elendendil, however, didn't hear her, and he continued walking away, not hearing the entish footsteps behind him...

He was gazing into the sky, at some sort of far-away star, perhaps. Even though it wasn't exactly night.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 08-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #626
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Two days previous, in the harbor of Mithlond, aboard the SeaFlame...

*Maeve is displeased, she is standing in the doorway of an empty room, along with her seventh son, Aodhfin. His left arm is in a sling and though he towers over his mother he looks exceptionally sheepish and somewhat meek.*

Maeve: - a purse?

Aodhfin: That's what I said, Ma.

Maeve: Let me get this straight. while we were occupied avoiding that ship we deprived of its cannons, that blasted, sneaky faerie got out and was in the process of escaping. You, being vigilant, chased her into the rigging and had almost caught her when a flying purse comes out of nowhere and breaks your arm.

Aodhfin: Well... yes.

Maeve: So she escaped.

Aodhfin: Yes.

Maeve: What posessed her to do a bloody stupid thing like that? Hm? I had a perfect plan worked out that get everything settled with no trouble at all. She'd go back with her pirate friends without getting keelhauled, Ignatius would come home etc. etc... happy endings all around. Is that really so difficult to go along with, Aodhfin?

Aodhfin: You did sort of playfully threaten her, Mother. You don't usually do happy endings, it scares people when you do. It scared Ignatius into leaving, remember?

Maeve: *sighs* There are times when I really hate being a guardian. Did she take that bottle of sacred booze her former crewmates are after her for runnin' off with?

Aodhfin: Ah... well, no. That I got away from her before she got away. But...

Maeve: What?

Aodhfin: I... may have dropped it a bit. Broken it, sort of.

Maeve: Ah.

Aodhfin: It was full of sand.

Maeve: No Wine? Gonna be a disappointment. Best not to mention any knowledge of it at all when it comes to that, difficult as such a deception'll make this. Not that I care if she gets herself killed, but her kin will, and I still have to do buisness with them at home. *She curses* Go tell your siblings that we're taking a detour. We've got to find her highness before she lands herself in more trouble.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 12-03-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #627
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"What the ...?" the grumpy looking elf started to say as the Entmaid came out of the trees. He now became a surprised looking elf. " Where did that come from?" he asked.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #628
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Oh dear Valar," Enelya muttered. "Too many troubles and explanations for one island." She walked toward the grumpy elf and asked politely, "And what might I do to help you, sir?"

Old 08-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #629
Acalewia

"Nothing at the moment, Lady Elf" he said. "My name is Megil. What might your name be?"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 08-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #630
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Enelya," she replied. "How did you come to be on the island?"

Old 08-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #631
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf plopped on her flare of roots into the sand and pouted. The blue feather man had disappeared. Her feelings were even more hurt by the Elf's surpise and shock at her appearance.

Just call me Oakie
Old 08-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #632
Acalewia

"I managed to shipwreak myself here" Megil said dryly. "What about you, Lady Enelya? How did you get on this bloody island?"

Old 08-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #633
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

She sighed. "It's a long story involving a depressed merchant, several cases of rum and my incurable obsession with helping people."

Old 08-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #634
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Currently, Willow was wondering what it was that doomed every ship she took passage on to be attacked and destroyed by pirates. Something to do wih balance, she decided, or possibly just the universe showing its sense of humor.

After escaping from the SeaFlame Willow hadn't stopped flying until well out at sea, where she had spotted this ship and made landing. At her size, staying unseen was a relatively easy matter and so she had spent the last day being a silent passenger. She had used that time consider just what it was she was going to do, now that she was on her own.

The logical thing would be to return home to Faerin. Alone and unburdened she could easily make the trip flying. Of course...

It would be pretty low to leave things hanging like that.

And technically it was her fault that Maeve was loose in this world.

Not to mention the Other she had sent as a guide. Though it had apparently not gone through, since the Nal never had followed.

The honorable course would be to rejoin either the Nal or the SeaFlame and see things through. And, unfortunately for her, Willow had never fully mastered strategic cowardice. Her attempts to do so had a tendency to backfire.

And since she had no desire to be manipulated as a piece of whatever Maeve was planning...

Willow sighed, threat of being keelhauled or no, she was going to have to find the Nal.

But first, she needed to get off this merchant ship. Before it started burning in earnest.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 08-27-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #635
Acalewia

Megil raised a brow.
"Maybe you could help me." he said, the grumpiness falling away. "I lost my betrothed sometime ago. Do you think you could help me find her?" he rose and took Enelya's hand. "and i would like to hear your story, milady"

Old 08-27-2006, 09:54 PM   #636
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"I would love to assist you!" she said sweetly. "And you don't have to listen to me prattle on about my troubles."

Old 08-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #637
Huorn
Elven Warrior

The curious little Oak crawled to her root feet again and continued to appraoch. Her ear branches pricked forward and she listed to the conversation between Enelya and Megil. The two were Elves. Elves were not that scary to the Oak. She tilted her head to one side, causing her whole rounded crown to move. She tried to join in on the conversation but only a treeish creak came out.

Just call me Oakie
Old 08-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #638
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Enelya looked over at the Entmaid and smiled gently. "Did you say something, dear?"

Old 08-29-2006, 04:58 AM   #639
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

*Meanwhile, somewhere not too far from the little group of castaways, the Nal had been successfully beached and was lying the sand on its port side. And it stunk like a very stinky thing. The shipwrecked could not see the Nal but they probably could smell her.

EXK and Eärniel had decided that once the ship was back in perfect repair, Bob was to take them...wherever it was he needed to take them. It was for the best. Then hopefully they could finally get somewhat closer to retrieving their precious Holy Wine.

Everyone had assembled on the beach, except for Eresse and Glorfindel III who were still in the brig. Eärniel reminded the captain of this, and she sent for them to be released.

Eresse emerges shaking like a leaf, and looking a little crazed. I think everyone knew why.

EXK: Well Eresse. I hope you've learnt...orders are orders and you don't undermine them. Here. *hands her a bottle of rum*

Eresse: Yes sir...rum *gulps down as much as she can, coughing as she almost forgets to breathe*

Eärniel: Right, everyone is given shore leave. No one is allowed back on board until I find out who stole my chocolate.

Rana: Huh?

Eärniel: I mean. Untill the cap'n says.

Crew: Aye.

EXK: Flannery, stay inside. When it gets dark scout to see if there's anything useful on this island.

Flannery: *from inside* Aye ma'am.

EXK: Okay everyone. Rana, Dick and G III are to repair the sails. Everyone else is to listen to what Koroush says. Shouldn't take long to get all these barnacles off. Now get to work.

EXK, Eärniel and Bob set to work putting up tents and building fires. Unfortunatly Bob was better at the fire part and kept setting things alight.

Eärniel: Bob if you set fire to my trousers one more time....

Bob: Sorry...

Eärniel: Just sit over there and touch nothing.

Bob: Things still happen even when I touch nothing!

Eärniel: I see.... *Looks thoughtful* So it was you then!

Bob: Eh?

Eärniel: You stole my chocolate!

*The prospects of her finding the actual culprit were slim and Eärniel's mood would not improve at all until she found them.*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 08-29-2006 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #640
Acalewia

*Megil studies the Entmaid and then smells something*

Megil:*waves hand in front of face* I think your pirate friend died and is rotting at an unusual pace.

Jack: Say what, Mate?

Megil: Or not

Closed Thread