Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person View Post
Well hello handsome.
Well hello to you.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #622
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
"And we're back on M.O.O.T. 102,2 with the Moots playing this Toni Basil excellently eloquent pop tune especially adapted for our very own Katuklatt..."

oh Katti ur so fine ur so fine ur so fine u blow my mined
hey Katti
hey Katti

hey Katti
hey Katti

hey Katti
hey Katti

hey Katti
hey Katti

hey Katti you've been around all night but that alittle long
u think u got the right and i think u got it wrong
but can't u say goodbye so u can take me home Katti

cuz when u say u will it always means u won't
ur giving me the chills baby please baby don't
every night ur still leave me alone Katti

oh Katti i dont care u dont understand
u take me by the heart then u take me by the hand
oh mickey ur so pretty cant u understand
its gals like u Katti
oh what u do Katti
do Katti
dont break my heart Katti

hey Katti now when u take me by the cools
it ever gunna no
every time u move a little little more shore
something we can use so dont say no Katti

so cumon and give it to me anyway u can
any way u want it babe ill take u like a gal
please baby please dont leave me in the den Katti

oh Katti we dont care u dont unserstand
u take me by the heart then u take me by the hang
oh Katti ur so pretty cant u understand
its gals like u Katti
oh what u do Katti
do Katti

hey Katti
hey Katti

oh Katti ur so fine ur so fine ur so fine u blow ur mined
hey Katti
hey Katti

hey Katti

oh Katti i dont care u dont unserstand
its gaqls like u Katti
oh what u do Katti
do Katti

its gals like u Katti
oh what u do Katti
do Katti

its gals like u Katti
oh what u do Katti
do mickey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHN16DCAy1E

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-05-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #623
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

I am enjoying my spring break. Just played Dirge of Cerberus, and managed to unlock a secret ending. Now listening to Nightwish's Wanderlust while typing here in almost complete darkness. Not even the screen gives much light, but fortunately, I'm so used to my laptop that I hardly need any light.

I see there has been much talk about how close we are here. It's the best part of this place, no doubt. Even if the other threads would stop, we'd still come here to chitter chatter, eh? Love y'all.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #624
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
I luv multiquote!! I obviously have a lot to reply to, and it's mostly random ramblings from me, to you, to help kill some time. And it's time well-spent. So let's spend some time together!
I didn't know I had a twin I think I drive my husband crazy when I start rambling, then forget what I was talking about

Quote:
Same here. I get to a point I'm making, and quickly get disorganized and move onto another point. Example:

"We need to somehow find a cure to this economic crisis. The US economy may be bad, but so is China's now. Speaking of China, I'm afraid they're going to nuke everyone someday. Speaking of nukes, did you know that Einstein made the first steps towards the nuclear revolution. Not only that but he didn't want nuclear physics to be used for weapons but they were anyway. But it ended up being used for war. Why did we go to the moon and say 'we come in peace'? Because there was nothing there to kill!!! Speaking of the moon missions, it took 7 space craft, each with over 6 million kilograms of fuel to reach the moon: only 6 times! The other time was a successful failure as some in NASA might say, because the crew survived but did not make it to the moon. Ever see Apollo 13? Some good quotes in that movie, some of them real some of them not. Reminds me of the Lord of the Rings movies, how in some ways it reflects the books and somehow it doesn't. Gandalf's staff goes from his right to his left from one frame to the next. Continuity errors everywhere. Hope the Hobbit movies don't make the same mistake. Speaking of that, did you know they're casting Ian McKellan again? Awesome!"

See what I mean? I can very easily go off-topic like that, but in such a gradual way that nobody, including me, ever notices until the damage is already done! LOL!!
I've done that several times and was told by someone I reminded them of Dori, the shorttem memory fish on Finding Nemo.
Quote:
I'm not used to a site where everyone is quite so close, and actually I like it. Ingwe's site is great. He's a BIG expert in web design and most of what he posts is more complicated than quantum theory! The site has quite a few close people, but there is frequent bickering and despite the fact that the staff (including myself, I'm secretary) try everything to control it, once a bad guy is banned another one takes their place. It's very decentralized like that, and the staff due to becoming decentralized themselves tend to keep a safe distance so that if someone's temper takes over they don't get caught in the shockwave. In general that site is an enclave that has few members and all of the major ones are close, but some act discouraging to other members to the point that it's like a gunshot that's immediately noticed.
Oh that sucks

Quote:
I've implied that point to some level with others (cough, Ingwe) but somehow, I believe that my point gets through one-quarter of the time and the other three quarters it, well, it doesn't. LOL
My husband finally learned not to argue with me when I'm in a stubborn mood. Most of the time he doesn't anyway. My bosses are about to find out how stubborn I am.

Quote:
Ya, Ingwe was in a bit of pain from that, but he had a headache that he said was worse than the knee pain. Then I saw him sitting there, he had undone a bandage on his leg and it started bleeding. And I was like, "hey you're bleeding you know that, I'm kinda concerned." He was like, "bah, get me the duct tape!" It's healed up well since then it looks like, either that or he's holding in whatever pain there is.
It'll prolly bother him for a while. My knee still bothers me.

Quote:
I don't mind being called Amy, or A'mael, or 'Anarwen'. The last two are names I used before. No clue what Anarwen means. I made it up. It's like Earwen, except like Arwen, and a combination of the two. There's a fun joke going around about having me be called "Anarwen Anarwus, Matriarch of Matriarchs" which probably would never be a correct translation, but it would be similar to how 'Ingwe Ingweran' or something like that means "Chief of the Chieftains"
Cool

Quote:
American forums are sometimes not the closest, because unfortunately that's the mentality in the states. I like conversing with peopple from other nations because it reminds me that my mentality is not so rare to find, even these days where everything has completely changed in the last 2 to 3 thousand years.
Thats what I love about Entmoot and EuropeForum. I prolly would never had found it if Doc (GW) had never sent me the link to it.
Quote:
I have found that the idea of sanity has changed in recent years. 30 years ago it was common for someone to be referred to as 'insane' if they left the one they love for a job opportunity. Today it's considered 'insane' if someone does not leave the one they love for a job opportunity. It really demoralizes me to witness how some people act when regarding work and family, and loved ones.
I'm insane and I know it.

Quote:
No doubt, I like the party going on here. I have a hot temper myself when I'm facing a topic regarding religion, politics, war, and things that generally give off a bad smell when in the immediate vicinity.
LOL
Quote:
It's good to have a friendship on a site, even though it's "just" the internet, it is important more than ever today because the mentalities online can affect mentalities 'offline' and so the importance of the internet expands. Friendship on a website turns a website into a community. Without friendship, a website is only just a website. One could have the most complicated and advanced website in the world but if nobody is friends, it's still 'just a website'. It makes a heck of a difference.
Some of my best friends are people I've met online. (you know who you are)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Elf Lord View Post
I see there has been much talk about how close we are here. It's the best part of this place, no doubt. Even if the other threads would stop, we'd still come here to chitter chatter, eh? Love y'all.
Yes. If there was nothing else I would come into this thread too. *Hugs NEL*

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 03-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #625
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

I feel hungry.. what to eat

and thirsty.. and I know just what I want

*Finds a vintage bottle of redwine* I hope we have more of these!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #626
Mari
Elf Lady

Awww, Andreas! We were all getting mushy here but then you have to come and be 'down to earth'!

Wow, I seriously hope we won't have visitors for a while, because I have several schoolprojects lying on my floor in several different stages of completion. I have this nagging feeling that they might be there for another few weeks...

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #627
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Why did we go to the moon and say 'we come in peace'? Because there was nothing there to kill!!! Speaking of the moon missions, it took 7 space craft, each with over 6 million kilograms of fuel to reach the moon: only 6 times! The other time was a successful failure as some in NASA might say, because the crew survived but did not make it to the moon.
No, we came in peace. We get credit for that. It was science, we weren't mounting guns there.

Quote:
See what I mean? I can very easily go off-topic like that, but in such a gradual way that nobody, including me, ever notices until the damage is already done! LOL!!
They teach you how to paragraph and connect thoughts in school. Hopefully.

Quote:
It's 3 minutes to March 5th at the time I'm posting now, and just 16 or 17 days or something until spring begins officially, so with random weather fluctuations, it should be rather smooth-sailing from here on in, until the next winter comes. Most people think that time goes too fast and I always hear them say that weeks go by like days. For me, years go by like days. It seemed like yesterday that I was married, and it's almost 10 months!
Spring actually began February 2nd...in the only way that matters. The Equinox is mid-spring. So, feel warmer?

Quote:
I'm not used to a site where everyone is quite so close, and actually I like it.
Has its moments.

Quote:
I don't mind being called Amy, or A'mael, or 'Anarwen'.
Greetings and welcome again, Amy.

Quote:
American forums are sometimes not the closest, because unfortunately that's the mentality in the states.
I disagree. I've been on a number of friendly US forums.
Quote:
I like conversing with peopple from other nations because it reminds me that my mentality is not so rare to find, even these days where everything has completely changed in the last 2 to 3 thousand years.
Which days are those?

Quote:
I have found that the idea of sanity has changed in recent years. 30 years ago it was common for someone to be referred to as 'insane' if they left the one they love for a job opportunity. Today it's considered 'insane' if someone does not leave the one they love for a job opportunity. It really demoralizes me to witness how some people act when regarding work and family, and loved ones.
Disagree. 40 years ago, there was no question at all who would work and who would move to support them. At ALL. Now, at least it's an open question. And people (both women and men) choose to prioritize their families in a way that was formerly impossible to believe.

Quote:
So I wouldn't mind posting on Ingwe's site more often if it wasn't just mostly Americans there, not that I have anything against Americans, it's just not diverse and because it's not diverse it's not as close of an atmosphere. The older generations might say that a lack of diversity is a good thing. I say it's a bad thing.
National origin is not the only possible source of diversity.

So many complaints...

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 03-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #628
Mari
Elf Lady

*GASP!* Sis! *super tackle/hug-combo*
Tea?

Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #629
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Aaarg! You guys write too much!

Here I am. A well balanced and happy person. I never get stressed, and I especially never get angry.

Today I am PISSED OFF and stressed to EXPLODING.

I hate today.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #630
BeardofPants
the Shrike

People always have such funny views of their own culture. Personally, when I was in the states, I found people to be very welcoming & friendly - a marked contrast to the kiwi reticence that I'm normally used to, LOL.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #631
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh? People in New Zealand aren't welcoming? How come you say that?
I suppose here in Dutchland you shouldn't expect too much either. But kind people are everywhere.
It's not about the culture, it's about the people living in it, making it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
Aaarg! You guys write too much!

Here I am. A well balanced and happy person. I never get stressed, and I especially never get angry.

Today I am PISSED OFF and stressed to EXPLODING.

I hate today.

*gives Katt a stressball and makes a huge doll out of rags and a punching bag and stuff and lends Katt her mace*

Old 03-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #632
BeardofPants
the Shrike

It's not that we're unwelcoming. We just have a clear concept of personal space, and don't tend to make eye-contact much when out & about, whereas, in the states, perfect strangers would come up & strike up conversations. They were fascinated by all things kiwi, and how they compared w/ the states. It was very refreshing.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #633
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
*GASP!* Sis! *super tackle/hug-combo*
Tea?
I'm still sad. Might not stay.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 03-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #634
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Why are you sad?

*Fluffs up and snuggles up to her favorite person*
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #635
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Why is Sis sad?

You know what the cure to all problems is? A Fluffy to snuggle. I hadn't seen him in 5 days, so I was getting all messed up. Now I better.

Sis, you need a Fluffy to snuggle.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #636
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
I'm still sad. Might not stay.
*makes Sis a cup of tea and gives her a hug*
If you want to talk about it, you know where to find me. I can't use IM, but my email and all is still functioning perfectly.
In the mean time... have a pillow and a cookie. Do you like almond cookies?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #637
Amael
Elven Warrior

Right now I'm quite relaxed. Took a hot bath with Ingwe and it was relaxing and soothing, and stuff. I'm happy, and I'll sleep very well tonight. Since he's been home from work after his injury, he's healed up very well, but he still has over a week to take a break from work. It was a totally awesome day!! I feel so tired now, but so good. I'm falling asleep now while typing, just soooo relaxed, like calm and warm tropical ocean waves ... ahhh tropical. That would be great. I don't wanna see another winter again. I want the hot sun, the ocean, and warm, clear nights. Whenever we save up the money, I can't wait to move somewhere like that.

Is Sis gonna be okay? *Hugs*

Ah what a night. First really great day in a couple of weeks! Mmmm yaeh. Relaxing. Well I'm off for tonight. I'm too happy to stay awake ..... *zzzzzzz*
Old 03-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #638
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
I don't wanna see another winter again. I want the hot sun, the ocean, and warm, clear nights. Whenever we save up the money, I can't wait to move somewhere like that.
I guess this means your family will never visit Finland? Ah well. I do hope to see at least one of you fellow mooters someday. Should anyone dare, this year - after the summer that is - will be more or less free for me. Anyone care to arrange a meeting? GW? Although don't expect me to speak Swedish, I've forgotten everything (on purpose). It's just extremely difficult to master the articles and grmmar, unless you've grown hearing it. Living in eastern part of Finland, Russian has always been more "real". I might even remember a few random words.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #639
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Heh.. Russian What a strange language that is. Do you understand verbal Swedish though? The Scandinavian languages are so easy to learn, the grammar is straight-forward and we don't have much formality to adhere to. And your Finish, and Finns I find are generally smart ppl so that shouldn't be a problem

What would be cool though and doable, at least for all the Europeans here, is meeting in England or something and meet at some festival or something (where camping is involved for example) and then we could all sit by the fire and have fun! and go on a day's hike and stuff like that.. These are just wild ideas but I know there are so many festivals in the summer in England for every taste and it's usually possible to get a trip + accomodation (camping, Bed&Breakfast, etc) for a relatively low £.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #640
Noble Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
Heh.. Russian What a strange language that is. Do you understand verbal Swedish though? The Scandinavian languages are so easy to learn, the grammar is straight-forward and we don't have much formality to adhere to. And your Finish, and Finns I find are generally smart ppl so that shouldn't be a problem

What would be cool though and doable, at least for all the Europeans here, is meeting in England or something and meet at some festival or something (where camping is involved for example) and then we could all sit by the fire and have fun! and go on a day's hike and stuff like that.. These are just wild ideas but I know there are so many festivals in the summer in England for every taste and it's usually possible to get a trip + accomodation (camping, Bed&Breakfast, etc) for a relatively low £.
Verbal?

Scandinavian languagues are NOT easy to learn. While most languages have exceptions for rules, Swedish has rules for exceptions. Please note that I'm not mocking Swedish speakers. Evilly, that is. It's just so damn difficult. And as for Finnish, we have almost the greatest number of grammatical cases, making Finnish rather difficult to grasp. BTW, you gained a lot of respect from me by adding the "vote" in Finnish to your siggy.

Generally we're smart, individually stupid.

Sign me in! Shopping in London, festing in the...fest... and hiking and camping and by-fire chitter-chatter! Yay! Seriously, let's do it.

(sorry, had to kill some of your smilies to make room for mine. it's a cruel world)