Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 AM   #621
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Y'know what, Gil-Galad, I'm "technically" on your side, but I think you could be a little more considerate. Lines like your "Oh, but, marriage has no meaning to liberals, though, does it? It's all a bunch of hogwash" are not only flame-baiting, but are false, as I personally know some liberals to whom marriage is very important.

I know all of the "liberals" posting here, and the vast majority of them are kind and thoughtful people, who will listen to you and think about what you say if you treat them with the respect they deserve

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-08-2005 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:11 AM   #622
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

my sentiments

Old 10-09-2005, 02:34 AM   #623
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I don't quite get that cartoon, Spock - what does it mean?

Quote:
Simply look at how other forms of life engage in reproduction to see that there are other rolls possible.
Was this an intentional misspelling, IRex? It's hilarious!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-09-2005, 11:48 AM   #624
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
I don't quite get that cartoon, Spock - what does it mean?

And just when I was thinking there was hope for you.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #625
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Love Dogbert. Believe I went 'round once saying 'Out, out, Demons of Stupidity' on the moot. *lol*
Old 10-09-2005, 06:26 PM   #626
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
And just when I was thinking there was hope for you.
Well, I have some ideas of what I think it means, but I was wondering what it meant to YOU!

(did anyone else besides me get a kick out of IRex's misspelling and the interesting meaning it gave the sentence? )

Old 10-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #627
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Well, I have some ideas of what I think it means, but I was wondering what it meant to YOU!
Wonder is one of the experiences of childhood that seldom return in adulthood. Therefore, you should be overjoyed at your experiencing wonder at this point in your life.

Last edited by Spock : 10-09-2005 at 09:24 PM. Reason: wonder
Old 10-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #628
Rían

Let me rephrase - would you please explain what that cartoon means to you?

Old 10-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #629
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Quote:
Y'know what, Gil-Galad, I'm "technically" on your side, but I think you could be a little more considerate. Lines like your "Oh, but, marriage has no meaning to liberals, though, does it? It's all a bunch of hogwash" are not only flame-baiting, but are false, as I personally know some liberals to whom marriage is very important.

I know all of the "liberals" posting here, and the vast majority of them are kind and thoughtful people, who will listen to you and think about what you say if you treat them with the respect they deserve
Thank you R*an. For my opinion, Gil-galad, see the last post on page 31. (#620)

Spock, I get your Dilbert cartoon (), but who are you saying is stupid? Better not be me!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 10-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #630
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It is Thanksgiving day in CANADA ....and Columbus Day here in the U.S.A.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #631
inked
Elf Lord

Oh, Ho! Dogbert doing religious activities! That certainly throws a new perspective on the thread......................do we really want to go there ?

By the by, was that a dog femur or a human femur? And, were any animals or humans harmed in the making of that cartoon?
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 10-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #632
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

You guys get too hot under the collar and too santimonious at times. IMO. A cartoon is just what's needed to bring a smile to some and wonder to others.

No human or animal was harmed in the making of this cartoon
Old 10-10-2005, 01:05 PM   #633
Rían

It depends how many times one is on the receiving end, and what the words are ...

I think I"ll go cartoon hunting today ...

Old 10-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #634
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

and don't forget, it depends upon what the meaning of is is.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #635
Rían

I'm awaiting your description of what that cartoon means to you...

Old 10-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #636
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
It depends how many times one is on the receiving end, and what the words are
One is only on the receiving end if One percieves it to be so. In a public forum One is not applicable.

Last edited by Spock : 10-10-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #637
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
I'm awaiting your description of what that cartoon means to you...

Waiting may cause you pain but it's good practice.

-----------------------------------------------------
Pain make man think.
Thinking make man wise.
Wisdom make life endurable.
......Sakini......
Old 10-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #638
inked
Elf Lord

Egads, first the abortion thread and now this one! Cartoons are *blinking* everwhere. Perhaps they deserve their own thread..........hmmm?
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 10-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #639
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
One is only on the receiving end if One percieves it to be so. In a public forum One is not applicable.
If a person that knows that I think creationism is true posts a cartoon knocking creationism on a thread where I post, I think it's pretty clear they're knocking - creationists! - which they know I am.

Why did you take offense (if you did - it seemed like you did) when I posted those cartoons in the abortion thread? Did you perceive you were on the receiving end? If so, why? I wasn't even sure of your position on abortion when I posted them, btw.

As I said when this thing started, I wouldn't have near as much trouble with this if people would preface their cartoons/statements with "I think SOME creationists are this way....", and I would certainly agree with them. But I just remember Gaffer so eloquently arguing against us using "Muslims" without any modifiers - it really made me watch my language, in the interests of accuracy as well as consideration of others.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #640
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
If a person that knows that I think creationism is true posts a cartoon knocking creationism on a thread where I post, I think it's pretty clear they're knocking - creationists! - which they know I am.
Me thinks ye protests too much. No one is attacking you. Humor is humor and not of my making. For the third and last time, it was a device to cool peoples tempers off not inflame them. Being sanctimonious has it's place and that isn't being questioned.

Quote:
Why did you take offense (if you did - it seemed like you did) when I posted those cartoons in the abortion thread?
I didn't, however, you seem to feel that I didn't have the right to post my own cartoon. Nuf said.

Quote:
I wasn't even sure of your position on abortion when I posted them, btw.
And perhaps you still aren't. No matter..it is in the past.

Quote:
As I said when this thing started, I wouldn't have near as much trouble with this if people would preface their cartoons/statements with "I think SOME creationists are this way....",
ITS HUMOR, gadz zooks can you not wrap yourself around that concept?
Closed Thread