Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2004, 09:18 PM   #621
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I liked your flag. You should immortalize it here I think.
You mean like this?

'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:19 PM   #622
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
You mean like this?

Exactly

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:39 PM   #623
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

the second half of my sig is a collection of humorous quotes from television and such.
the first half is serious, and reflect my belief and relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
*dances

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:19 AM   #624
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
The avatar is John Howe's artwork of Fingolfin fighting Morgoth
Hunh, I thought it was some guy smoking a bong.

My sig's a link to a comic featuring ME - wondrous pants stealing thief.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:23 AM   #625
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

ok, idoes my sig appear to be in extra large to anyone?
i made it small font so i could fit as many quotes in there as i could.
apparantly, on Nurvingiel's computer it shows up as extra large.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:39 AM   #626
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
ok, idoes my sig appear to be in extra large to anyone?
i made it small font so i could fit as many quotes in there as i could.
apparantly, on Nurvingiel's computer it shows up as extra large.
It's huge on mine too...Only the first line of it is small and then the rest of it is big...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-26-2004, 12:43 AM   #627
jerseydevil

Quote:
It's huge on mine too...Only the first line of it is small and then the rest of it is big...
Just as I thought - you guys are using suck ass IE. In Netscape it shows up fine, but I tried it in IE and that is where the problem is. I don't call it Microsucks for nothing.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-26-2004, 12:53 AM   #628
hectorberlioz

Hey Nirv, Dunadain is it fixed?

JD is the king of helpfulness
many thanks to JD.

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 01-26-2004, 12:56 AM   #629
jerseydevil

Quote:
Hey Nirv, Dunadain is it fixed?

JD is the king of helpfulness
many thanks to JD.
No problem. IE doesn't have the brains to correct misformed HTML code like Netscape does. So if the tags aren't right - Netscape corrects them - but IE does screwy things.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-26-2004, 12:56 AM   #630
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

All fixed now.

You actually use nutscrape JD?

I don't use the actual IE browser, I use Avant Browser, but it's based off of IE. It just doesn't have all of IE's crap. Avant is by far the best browser I've ever used. I used nutscrape for a long time, cuz I hated IE, but they just never improved on it...

--Linaewen
Old 01-26-2004, 01:00 AM   #631
hectorberlioz

I use Opera Browser

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 01-26-2004, 01:01 AM   #632
jerseydevil

Quote:
All fixed now.

You actually use nutscrape JD?
Have you used the latest versions of netscape with tabs and the ability to seperate frames to print out a particular frame in a frame based website? IE doesn't have this functionality. So yes - I use Superior netscape. Also - IE is now slower than the newer version of Netscape on loading pics.
Quote:

I don't use the actual IE browser, I use Avant Browser, but it's based off of IE. It just doesn't have all of IE's crap. Avant is by far the best browser I've ever used. I used nutscrape for a long time, cuz I hated IE, but they just never improved on it...
Then you must not have used 7.1+

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-26-2004 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:09 AM   #633
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
I use Opera Browser
Avant is the new version of Opera...

No, JD I don't think I tried 7.1, I had used 4.71 for a while, then tried 6 and was fed up with it so switched back to IE. Then I found Avant and have used it for about a year. I like Avant a lot for it's features. It has a built in pop-up blocker that actually works. Plus instead of having multiple windows of the browser open when on a number of sites at once, they are all within the one open browser but in their own separate window. There are a number of other things I like about it too, it's a lot better than IE as well...

--Linaewen
Old 01-26-2004, 01:13 AM   #634
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I use safari which is mac's version of Mozilla. Can't live without my tabs.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:24 AM   #635
jerseydevil

Quote:
Avant is the new version of Opera...

No, JD I don't think I tried 7.1, I had used 4.71 for a while, then tried 6 and was fed up with it so switched back to IE. Then I found Avant and have used it for about a year. I like Avant a lot for it's features. It has a built in pop-up blocker that actually works. Plus instead of having multiple windows of the browser open when on a number of sites at once, they are all within the one open browser but in their own separate window. There are a number of other things I like about it too, it's a lot better than IE as well...
Netscape also has a pop-up blocker that works. I never get pop-ups anymore. The mail system also comes with built in junk mail filter - and I hardly ever get anything that gets through that. Netscape works with tabs. Right now I have 10 different websites open in one browser window. All I have to do is click on the tab. As with BoP - I can not live without the tab functionality. I also like the side panel for Netscape much better than IE.

Does Opera have menu items that allow you to view a single frame in a frame based website? Netscape gives me these options when I am on a frame based website and I right click...

Show Only this Frame
Open Frame in New Window
Open Frame in New Tab (Very handy to split a website apart)
Reload Frame (only reloads that frame in the website - I use this quite a bit)
Bookmark this frame (comes in very handy)
Save Frame As...
Send Frame...
View Frame Source
View Frame Info

I could not live without the frame functionality that Netscape has.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-26-2004, 01:37 AM   #636
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I'll just jump in here and say I use Netscape 7.1 and it's much better than IE. The pop-up ad blocker is something I can't live without now. It has a download manager as well.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:15 AM   #637
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yeah Hector's sig is fixed now. Nice one JD. I use hurtin IE, but it works for me. (It is a computer, and I will bend it to my will. Buahahaha!)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #638
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I've added one line to my sig that I came across when looking for info for my final essay: "I don't believe in princes, I believe in frogs."

I think I already explained the other lines before. They're rather straight foreward anyway, I think. So my current sig now is:
Quote:
Fostermother of Icholta

What do you MEAN chocolate isn't one of the main food groups!?

I don't believe in princes, I believe in frogs.

Life is irony incarnated.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:23 PM   #639
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Netscape also has a pop-up blocker that works. I never get pop-ups anymore. The mail system also comes with built in junk mail filter - and I hardly ever get anything that gets through that. Netscape works with tabs. Right now I have 10 different websites open in one browser window. All I have to do is click on the tab. As with BoP - I can not live without the tab functionality. I also like the side panel for Netscape much better than IE.

Does Opera have menu items that allow you to view a single frame in a frame based website? Netscape gives me these options when I am on a frame based website and I right click...

Show Only this Frame
Open Frame in New Window
Open Frame in New Tab (Very handy to split a website apart)
Reload Frame (only reloads that frame in the website - I use this quite a bit)
Bookmark this frame (comes in very handy)
Save Frame As...
Send Frame...
View Frame Source
View Frame Info

I could not live without the frame functionality that Netscape has.
Avant has the tab thing, I just described it differently from what you called it. I'm not sure about the frame thing.

www.avantbrowser.com

That might tell you if it does or not, though, I'm not quite sure what you mean by it...

I'm not using the newest version of Avant yet, I am still using version 7...

--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 01-26-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:26 PM   #640
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
"I don't believe in princes, I believe in frogs."
That's why you need to take me up on my offer from the other day

--Linaewen