Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 01:17 PM   #621
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Nooo, Lotesse, try to catch with your Muse again!
Great post, a drink is an answer to Everything!
Old 09-18-2005, 01:32 PM   #622
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

CS - Did you see your crazy nazgul squirrel I put in the happy thread just now? Her eyes are tremendously Nazgullian!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-18-2005, 02:23 PM   #623
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Yes, I found it. Great Pic, Lotesse!
Old 09-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #624
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

aw****....I yeah, we greeted her once...oops. Mind wasnt (isnt) working.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #625
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Gordis, that last post was Absolutely beautiful! I could so easily feel and smell and picture that little scene, and Aiwendis. NICE!!!

Old 09-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #626
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Oh, Thank you, Lotesse (blushes). I am happy you liked it. It took an awfully long time to write.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #627
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Well, it is truly beautiful writing right there, and you can tell that care was taken to put the images across like that. Very readable stuff, very enjoyable to read writing like that, for real.

Old 09-18-2005, 09:56 PM   #628
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hi, you guys - well, I'm tryna get the Nazgul and a few non-Nazgullian friends & guests back to Orrodel tonight, for an impromptu après-Chancellor party of sorts. Marty & Ray, King Valandil and his entourage, Beautiful Boomerang, Earniel, et al - it would be killer (really, no pun intended! ) if one or more of you, especially ALL of you, crashed the party tonight at Orrodel! Rian's already there, fencing with Galadannun a.k.a. Khamul, and I believe Ann is on her way. Nazgul don't mind; you'd be surprised. Ringwraiths are pretty laid- back when it comes to a jammin' after-Chancellor-party!

Old 09-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #629
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Sweet, block party a comming up! Full of blue blood no less.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:55 AM   #630
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Aaaack!! A party headed up the hill, and rpg-Rian has only just escaped with her life!

No servants hired yet, either! But Annawen is heading up the hill, thankfully!!! (thanks, CS!)

Are there any take-out joints in Third-Age Middle Earth?!?!?!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-19-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:40 AM   #631
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, I put some food in the pantry (so much easier shopping rpg-style than in RL!) so I think we'll be ok for the party...

And I put in one of my favorite things about Middle Earth - the languages. I was always intrigued about the elven attitude towards languages and their sounds, and remembered a little footnote in UT about how the name of Eärendil was thought to be just a little odd, perhaps because it had an influence from the language of Gondolin. And I always loved the essay The Shibboleth of Fëanor in HoME 12 (Peoples of Middle Earth) and the discussion of father-names, mother-names, etc., plus how the Ñoldor "Sindarized" their names because it was unpleasing to their ears to speak Sindarin yet use names in a language with a different sound to it.

Also, I worked in something that my husband feels sometimes - when people ask him where he's from, he usually just says "California" (where he was born and has lived a lot) because it's just too complicated to say, "Well, I was born in California, then moved to Costa Rica when I was 4, then spent about 10 years in Ecuador, going back to the US every 4 years, then a coupla years in Venezuela, then a few more in Colombia, then back to the US, then a few years in the Dominican Republic, ...." Sometimes he's just not in the mood to discuss all his moves, and is tired of feeling "different" (altho it's not so different now as it used to be when he was younger), so he just gives the "Sindarin" form of his life, as it were ... just as rpg-RÃ*an, when she doesn't feel like answering questions, gives the Sindarin form of her name.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 09-19-2005 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:45 AM   #632
Rían

BB - I'm looking forward to your next post when you get back! I sure hope your butterfly is going to flit by Orrodel, and perhaps find an open window ...

Old 09-19-2005, 07:41 AM   #633
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Gordis - you can work that story about Ilmenzor any of those ways you like. They all sound plausible enough.

OK - I'll go back and correct my reference to 'second cousins' - for some reason I thought you had first said a younger brother of Elendil, not of Amandil.

Veantur is good (wasn't that an earlier name for one of Isildur's sons? Must be a good family name then!).

Shah / LSP - wonder if you should modify your post 117 slightly. I don't think any of us not 'in the know' should post about them being 'nazguls' in our posts - even just the narrative part, because that sort of conveys what our characters are thinking. I suggest maybe something like, "Easterner 'family' " instead.

Rian - "Daggers sometimes have a mind of their own"??!! A++!

So... it's a "Party at the Nazguls' House" huh? Well... I HAD thought that Val should stay in and catch up on his sleep (shouldn't Ray and Marty be pretty tired tonight as well?), before his big meeting with Ilmenzor. But maybe... (of course he would need R & M to come by and drag him out of bed). Then maybe my 'big surprise' would fit best at the party... nah! I think I'll need Oreturion there, and we wouldn't be bringing HIM to the party!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 09-19-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:25 AM   #634
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Valandil,
Thank you for correcting the "second cousin". It was my fault originally. I did write "Amandil", but I wrote "second cousin" in my first post as well. I was wrong in counting, I am no hobbit after all and don't share their love for family trees.
Veantur... i think it was the name of erendis' father I like the sound of it.

I think, I will stick to the new Chancellor's story #86-89. Please, make Estelmo do it also.

By the way,Valandil, I am sure your Secret Service man Oreturion must be very eager to hear the new part of the Chancellor's story from Marty and Ray. I mean the story told by Annawen in post #89, about his wife that perished in a fire in Osgiliath. That may explain the Chancellor's desire to move North.

Aiwendis hopes, Val, that you are vulnerable to some magic love-potions. .

Good posts Rian and Earniel!

RianOne thing only: Annawen is surely supposed to come to Orrodel before Earniel, as she ran all the way. I think, Rian, you should modify the end of your #120 and see Annawen first. Another argument for it is that Earniel describes how she learned about you only later.

I am afraid I put the part about Aiwendis in the garden too early. It is only early evening now... Perhaps I shall transfer that bit to a later post.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #635
Rían

Glad you liked that dagger line, Val!

Gordis - I wanted to see Eärniel first on purpose - I just "assumed" that rpg-Eärniel got there first, esp. because Eärniel wrote that she leaves the party before Annawen does. But maybe CS could modify post #116 and make her only set out, but not arrive yet? Is that OK, CS?

Last edited by Rían : 09-19-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #636
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Or maybe Annawen went home first but was still so upset she left again and went looking for RÃ*an? That would give Eärniel time enough to get to Orrodel first.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #637
Rían

yes, anything along those lines. I'd really like to see Eärniel before Annawen.

Old 09-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #638
Rían

Eärniel, I have to leave now - go ahead and write their conversation, if you want to

Old 09-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #639
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

This little party at Orrodel isn't at all a formal thing, it's just one of those things where people kind of end up at one house to socialize for a couple hours, very, very informal, and whomever ends up there, does, and whomever doesn't doesn't, you know? I just thought it might be a fun little diversion in between intense Chancellor happenings, and a chance to see the lighter side of some of our people. Anything goes, really, so it's not like RPG-Rian has to prepare a grip of hors-doevres or anything, just grab a case of spirits (no, that's "alcohol," not ghosts! ) from the wine & miruvor cellar, and put out a tray of glassware and a bowl of fresh fruit, or something. Most of the guests & party-crashers have to be up early the next morning, anyway, so...

Old 09-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #640
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

wotcha! ... and ...

yes! you guessed it ... "Evenin' all"

party eh?
Ever seen a butterfly down it like beautiful? ... well, you just might
Closed Thread