Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 06:08 PM   #601
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

I can never remember if with Tolkien spelling it is dwarfs or dwarves, I'll try to get it right from now on for ya'll! Same with elves and elfs, I just ceep forgetting! Anyways...

(This one is more movie related)
When you go to Orlando Florida on vacation and ceep on looking for Orlando Bloom, and other elves, because maybe Peter Jackson was trying to hint at something by casting Orlando as Legolas, when there's an Orlando in Florida, maybe there are some elves that live there...

(still more movie related- sorry, I did alot of this while I was on vacation in Florida in Orlando, so I cept on thinking of the acter)
When you go to Disney World and ceep on looking for Orlando Bloom (since he's gonna be in Disney's Pirates of the Carabean)so that you can question him on what ROTK is gonna be like.

When you see a sighn that says Dwarfs and think of Lord of the Rings (at Disney World) when it was talking about the 7 Dwarfs in Snow White. Surprisingly I rememberd the "correct" spelling this time and thought about how Tolkien's spelling was better then Disneys.

When on the way home from Florida, you open up The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings and read... untill you think about the family trees and then go to study them, then you see how fast you can find sertan things, and go back...

Your afrade that your mom might take away Lord of the Rings related stuff because of bad grades (I'm showing her my report card tonight, so if I don't get back on for a while, you know why, I should get back on tomorow though, unless I'm grounded... but camp starts Saturday, so don't think that I'm grounded then if I'm not on for about 2 weeks)

I had more, I need to think of them though, sorry that these are so movie related... I wish they were more bookish!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #602
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Evry computer password you use is one of Gandalf's names. (guilty)
Old 06-06-2003, 11:23 AM   #603
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

You buy a necklace with a wizard on it who bears a remarkable resemblance to Gandalf......and you talk to it.

At your graduation from 8th grade (last night, go me) your dad shouts out names of LOTR characters as you walk across the stage. (Mwahahaha....yay)

You have theorized what every character in LOTR would have been like at or near your age, and you have done it so well that you have even convinced friends that Gandalf would have been cute at 16.

You love the new James Bond movie bcause in the beggining 007 has long ranger hair just like Aragorn

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 06-06-2003, 11:29 AM   #604
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
Evry computer password you use is one of Gandalf's names. (guilty)
I do the same

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Old 06-12-2003, 10:53 PM   #605
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

You know you're obsessed when you not only quote the lines from the movie, you actually quote the extras from FoTR.

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 11:20 AM   #606
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

LOL

You know you are obsessed with LOTR if you read a list of 157 signs of being obsessive on the net and only miss 2.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 06-13-2003, 09:43 PM   #607
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreran the Green
LOL

You know you are obsessed with LOTR if you read a list of 157 signs of being obsessive on the net and only miss 2.
very true

You know you're obsessed when your idea of an Entmoot no longer consists of just Ents, but of elves and gollums and gimlis and rabbits and devils Atani and I could go on............

Last edited by Elvengirl : 06-15-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:58 AM   #608
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

dont forget killer ducks, i aw one today on the way to the gandalf vrs. HP thread. i almsot died.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
Old 06-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #609
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

You know you are obsessed when every day you get up and go on entmoot after breakfast, hoping someone posted on the above mentioned thread so you can reply and argue about how truly awesome Gandalf is.

I love that thread, it combines two of the things I love most; Gandalf and arguing!!

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when you and your mom get into a debate about whether or not Gwaihir carried Gandalf to Mt. Doom in the store, so you go and find a copy of Return of the King and read through until you find the part you were looking for.

Old 06-14-2003, 06:52 PM   #610
eowyngirl14

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreran the Green
You know you are obsessed when every day you get up and go on entmoot after breakfast, hoping someone posted on the above mentioned thread so you can reply and argue about how truly awesome Gandalf is.

I love that thread, it combines two of the things I love most; Gandalf and arguing!!
hee hee hee. that is my favorite thread too, cause it combinds two of my favorite things, HP and arguing! and you know deep down that Harry is better!

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-15-2003, 01:47 PM   #611
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
You know you're obsessed when your idea of an Entmoot no longer consists of just Ents, but of elves and gollums and gimlis and rabbits and devils and I could go on............
Don't forget the Atani... (they get so pissy when you forget to mention them ) ... there are many Atani who post here also.
Old 06-15-2003, 01:57 PM   #612
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Oh of course, *edit* There I added them to the list. But hey it makes them feel important, you know, good for their self-esteem

Old 06-15-2003, 04:36 PM   #613
Ararax
Elven Warrior

you know your obsessed when you made 50 psots in 1 day
ps i did the first day i joined
Old 06-15-2003, 05:32 PM   #614
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Haha! So did I. The first week I signed up at another board, my average was 32 ppd (posts per day). I don't remember mine at the moot though.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:14 PM   #615
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

One way to tell you are obsessed with LOTR is if you use it as examples. I do that ALL the time! And if you know the most confusing sentance in the book by heart.(ex. " don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins)

Jesus scares the "hell" out of people! He rocks!

http://linwe.proboards19.com/index.cgi
Old 06-17-2003, 09:43 AM   #616
Ararax
Elven Warrior

you nkow your addicted when you dont spell check your posts judt so you can get more posts. plus you think hey they know my typos caus e the see them so much
Old 06-17-2003, 01:56 PM   #617
Anglorfin
Alasailon

You know you're addicted when EntMoot is your homepage

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 06-17-2003, 06:47 PM   #618
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

You know you're obsessed if you've been in this thread since the beginning (many people here can attest to that.)

Or, if you joined in later on, you're obsessed if you read through the entire thread until you started posting.

Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 06-17-2003, 11:09 PM   #619
eowyngirl14

you know your obsessed with message boards when...

you squint your eyes and cover your ears whenever someone types in all capitals. and yell 'STOP SHOUTING' to yourself.

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-24-2003, 07:13 PM   #620
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Quote:
Originally posted by Silme*Christian
One way to tell you are obsessed with LOTR is if you use it as examples. I do that ALL the time! And if you know the most confusing sentance in the book by heart.(ex. " don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins)
I can do that. It's not so confusing as when you first hear it. I use LOTR for examples all the time. Almost everything reminds me of something LOTR.

You know your obsessed if you quote the book to yourself all the time, and laugh at parts you think of when you're in the middle of conversations and make everybody you know think you're crazy.
Or when you watch movies you blurt "He looks just like *insert LOTR name here*!" because whoever it was resembled your imagination's version of Cirdan or Barliman Butterbur or whoever that jabbering lady in ROTK is that keeps saying 'I knew it! The hands of a King are the hands of a healer. I could have told you that!'.
You are really P.O.ed when that little window pops up that says that the admins won't allow you post twice in ninety seconds.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Closed Thread