Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #601
Mari
Elf Lady

Spring break? Sounds like a plan! But I have 9 exams before then. I've never had so many exams in one week, not even for my secondary school Finals.
Fortunately for half of them I don't have to do serious study. Just read and remember.

I had a tea party today and there's another in the planning for April 1st. I think this might be becoming tradition.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 03-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #602
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Homepage Update

Have added a monthly pic to the Welcome page.

Added Top, Middle and Bottom links to the Photo Index page.

Have begun adding Top links to the photoalbums. Added my fav images and subalbums for the first three.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #603
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
Greetings, n00b. I shall partake in your bribe of cookies.
*munch munch*

Well, I had a... (disappointing, rough, angering, drunken)... emotional weekend.

It seems that I am still treated as a child while having to assume the responsibilities of an adult. I am invited to parties but not allowed to get a word in on the conversation, or left to my own devices without a second thought.
This is truly a trying age.
I'll always be a noob here even though I've been here for about a year. Oh well, enjoy the cookies everyone!! I do appreciate being called A'mael or Amy though. n00b will work fine though.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #604
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, don't worry about Katt. She's always like that ^_^ *considers tackling Katt when she comes back*
So, how are you? *huggles Amael before stealing another cookie* Yum!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #605
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hehe, don't worry about Katt. She's always like that ^_^ *considers tackling Katt when she comes back*
I'm as well as could be expected ... for a n00b. Just kidding. I haven't been in the best of moods. Winter is getting old very quickly now. The sun still doesn't shine enough, the wind is faster than sound half the time, and it's just too cold to do much of anything outside. The kids are almost 3 months old now, and eventually I'll be able to let them go for a longer time especially because my sister or friends will babysit for them. The last few months I have spent just indoors. I dont like that. I'm looking into getting to work after summer ends, so that I don't go through another winter indoors.

Ingwe's home today with some type of cough, and he busted his knee the other day so he can't work for a while. Things have gone downhill in the last couple of weeks. Last week he had a death in his family and so he's still rather upset and driven up the wall about that, plus his cold and plus the hairline fracture to his knee along with a bad cut from the accident he had at work, involving a door falling in for some reason or another.

I've dealt with more unfriendliness today than I have dealt with in a while. "Ingwe's" mother, who is jealous that I did everything for him while she never did and she doesn't like me because of that, had to treat me as if I didn't exist at the funeral we went to last week. But his father is a very nice person and friendly as can be. Wow they must have had a rough marriage!!!

I'm driven in orbit by all these recent events. I'm sure a lot of people here have it a load of a lot rougher than I do, but relatively speaking, the last two weeks have been really demoralizing. This is the first time in my life since I was 15 that I've been down and bummed out like this. Not fun times. Well, when the weather gets better things should begin to show signs of improving: there's always that hope.

How are you Mari, and while I'm at it everyone else?

Also, I understand Katt. She doesn't know me. Few here really do as I have just a little over 100 posts. It's a tightly-knit community like my husband's website and perhaps I'm involving myself in things tthat to me might prove to be quite esoteric. There's a lot of history here between everyone, much more than I could probably begin to imagine. And I'm not so smart in my posts, not nearly as smart as most everyone here.

Everyone is either into history or politics or religion. I don't get involved in those subjects on a public forum because those subjects often cave in under their own weight. I've been wanting to say more on the Israeli crisis because I know much about it, but I don't want to start getting in too deep. It is a sensitive subject and I need to keep as much positivity as can be maintained. And that's hard to do when the world around us is just caving in at an ever-accelerating rate. But with all that, I know it will all work out somehow. It's like a cycle of some kind, like the economy. It has lows and highs, and then really big lows and really big highs. It's simply the way of things and everything that's happening is happening for a reason. So beyond that I don't usually have much to say on religion or politics.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #606
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, I LIVE in this thread. I hardly ever venture into serious threads. They are scary. Besides, I never quite get my point across and most of the time I don't even understand what my own point is, so I don't bother. Furthermore I find it hard to argue with people because I can often see where they are coming from whether I agree with it or not. It's hard to argue with people when you don't need for them to change.
And it's not like I can convince people who did a lot of research before getting to point A that my point is better. IF I believe my point is better to start with. Which I often don't. *shrugs*

Anyway, re: winter... here it is starting to end. Lots of rain and wind and the nights are pretty cold, but early Spring birds have returned and some of the hardier plants have started budding. Crocuses and Snowdrops are popping up too. Really, Spring WILL come. Everything is just still asleep. It needs rest to prepare for being fresh and beautiful starting Spring

I'm sorry about your (plural) loss. And about the way your m-i-l treated you. Maybe she is jealous that you knew what to do for Ingwe that would help him best while she did not know what to do and stood by watching helplessly. You have strength, love and patience, don't ever forget about those things when you feel down.

Are we really that close here? I hope we are not too close to make you feel an outsider? I think everyone is wonderful. I got accepted for being who I am and I'm still very grateful *tackles everyone*

Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #607
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
*tackles Mari*
AHa! Your plan has been foiled!

*boggles at Amael's post*
She types a lot, don't she?

I hope you realize, Amael, that my n00b comment was in jest. But the real reason we are all here is to CHEER YOU UP!

That was the cue for someone else to take over. I only come here to play the fool and be a bastard.

Smiles everyone!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #608
Mari
Elf Lady

And to freak us out
*tackles Katt back* You're cute ^_^
How you?

I should go to bed really. But I don't wanna. Still, I got music class tomorrow morning. Not that I can sing with this throat But maybe I learn another dance to a children's song... >_<

Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #609
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Hehe, I LIVE in this thread.
Sometimes I wish we could really. The Teacup Cafe with it's ever shifting rooms and all would be a smashing place to live in.

Quote:
Besides, I never quite get my point across and most of the time I don't even understand what my own point is, so I don't bother.
And you believe the rest of us have always got it figured out entirely? Hardly!

G'night.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #610
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post

G'night.
And then Earniel vanished with a twirl of her cape, and a dash of smoke powder.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 03-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #611
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
Spring Break? Is that when a car's suspension breaks down?
Haha! Good one, GW

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #612
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Need... spring break... so.. badly.... *whine*

Man was not made to live on study and practice and work and observation hours and concert attendance and then the other two 'works' and then more study and practice alone. He was made to live on study and practice and stuff and SLEEP. And also spring breaks.

So... close. I can almost... TASTE IT.....
Me too.

And I get to go to... DESTIN!! Awesomeness abounds. a little over two weeks from now expect a flood of pictures.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #613
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Heh, went shooting for about 4 hours yesteday. Got my new rifle wonderfully seated and the action is now almost buttery smooth.

Then had fun with my .40 Sig, just got it too. Happytimes.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #614
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
Lol I realise this is going to be tougher than I thought
Never fight with a stubborn woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
Ingwe's home today with some type of cough, and he busted his knee the other day so he can't work for a while. Things have gone downhill in the last couple of weeks. Last week he had a death in his family and so he's still rather upset and driven up the wall about that, plus his cold and plus the hairline fracture to his knee along with a bad cut from the accident he had at work, involving a door falling in for some reason or another.
Ooo. Busted knees are never any fun. I never went to the doctor for it, but I think that fall I had a couple of years ago either cracked or fractured the kneecap. I know how Ingwe feels. *sends an icepack and a knee brace*
Quote:
I've dealt with more unfriendliness today than I have dealt with in a while. "Ingwe's" mother, who is jealous that I did everything for him while she never did and she doesn't like me because of that, had to treat me as if I didn't exist at the funeral we went to last week. But his father is a very nice person and friendly as can be. Wow they must have had a rough marriage!!!

I'm driven in orbit by all these recent events. I'm sure a lot of people here have it a load of a lot rougher than I do, but relatively speaking, the last two weeks have been really demoralizing. This is the first time in my life since I was 15 that I've been down and bummed out like this. Not fun times. Well, when the weather gets better things should begin to show signs of improving: there's always that hope.
*hugs* I'm a very huggy person, Amy. You don't mind being called Amy do you? I can never spell your other name
Quote:
Also, I understand Katt. She doesn't know me. Few here really do as I have just a little over 100 posts. It's a tightly-knit community like my husband's website and perhaps I'm involving myself in things tthat to me might prove to be quite esoteric. There's a lot of history here between everyone, much more than I could probably begin to imagine. And I'm not so smart in my posts, not nearly as smart as most everyone here.
I actually was really shy when I first joined in 2005. The Cafe helped break the ice and I saw how friendly everyone was. This and EuropeForum anre prooly the friendliest boards I've been on, I can make some of the stupidest posts myself.
Quote:
Everyone is either into history or politics or religion. I don't get involved in those subjects on a public forum because those subjects often cave in under their own weight. I've been wanting to say more on the Israeli crisis because I know much about it, but I don't want to start getting in too deep. It is a sensitive subject and I need to keep as much positivity as can be maintained. And that's hard to do when the world around us is just caving in at an ever-accelerating rate. But with all that, I know it will all work out somehow. It's like a cycle of some kind, like the economy. It has lows and highs, and then really big lows and really big highs. It's simply the way of things and everything that's happening is happening for a reason. So beyond that I don't usually have much to say on religion or politics.
I stay out of those myself, because 1) I have a really bad temper and 2) I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time
Quote:
Hehe, I LIVE in this thread.
That's cause this is where the party's at
Quote:
Are we really that close here? I hope we are not too close to make you feel an outsider? I think everyone is wonderful. I got accepted for being who I am and I'm still very grateful *tackles everyone*
We're all friends here. So it makes it look like we're really close with each other.

*Is tackled. Tackles back*

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #615
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
And to freak us out
*tackles Katt back* You're cute ^_^
How you?

I should go to bed really. But I don't wanna. Still, I got music class tomorrow morning. Not that I can sing with this throat But maybe I learn another dance to a children's song... >_<
I WAAAANA SING!

I signed up for our community choir, but who knows when that'll get started.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #616
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hmm. The cat has something to say...

"QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ KJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ"
Old 03-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #617
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
Haha! Good one, GW
thanks, HB!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:19 AM   #618
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Is kitty composing on the keyboard? Heh, fun times, give the lil fluff butt a schnoogle for me!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 AM   #619
Amael
Elven Warrior

I luv multiquote!! I obviously have a lot to reply to, and it's mostly random ramblings from me, to you, to help kill some time. And it's time well-spent. So let's spend some time together!

Quote:
Hehe, I LIVE in this thread. I hardly ever venture into serious threads. They are scary. Besides, I never quite get my point across and most of the time I don't even understand what my own point is, so I don't bother. Furthermore I find it hard to argue with people because I can often see where they are coming from whether I agree with it or not. It's hard to argue with people when you don't need for them to change.
And it's not like I can convince people who did a lot of research before getting to point A that my point is better. IF I believe my point is better to start with. Which I often don't. *shrugs*
Same here. I get to a point I'm making, and quickly get disorganized and move onto another point. Example:

"We need to somehow find a cure to this economic crisis. The US economy may be bad, but so is China's now. Speaking of China, I'm afraid they're going to nuke everyone someday. Speaking of nukes, did you know that Einstein made the first steps towards the nuclear revolution. Not only that but he didn't want nuclear physics to be used for weapons but they were anyway. But it ended up being used for war. Why did we go to the moon and say 'we come in peace'? Because there was nothing there to kill!!! Speaking of the moon missions, it took 7 space craft, each with over 6 million kilograms of fuel to reach the moon: only 6 times! The other time was a successful failure as some in NASA might say, because the crew survived but did not make it to the moon. Ever see Apollo 13? Some good quotes in that movie, some of them real some of them not. Reminds me of the Lord of the Rings movies, how in some ways it reflects the books and somehow it doesn't. Gandalf's staff goes from his right to his left from one frame to the next. Continuity errors everywhere. Hope the Hobbit movies don't make the same mistake. Speaking of that, did you know they're casting Ian McKellan again? Awesome!"

See what I mean? I can very easily go off-topic like that, but in such a gradual way that nobody, including me, ever notices until the damage is already done! LOL!!

I don't usually believe most of what I say either. I fear religious topics with a dread that can't be compared to anything else. I was involved with a spat with someone some time back who said I was going to my doom because I'm Jewish. After that I left the discussion and blocked the person.

Quote:
Anyway, re: winter... here it is starting to end. Lots of rain and wind and the nights are pretty cold, but early Spring birds have returned and some of the hardier plants have started budding. Crocuses and Snowdrops are popping up too. Really, Spring WILL come. Everything is just still asleep. It needs rest to prepare for being fresh and beautiful starting Spring
It's 3 minutes to March 5th at the time I'm posting now, and just 16 or 17 days or something until spring begins officially, so with random weather fluctuations, it should be rather smooth-sailing from here on in, until the next winter comes. Most people think that time goes too fast and I always hear them say that weeks go by like days. For me, years go by like days. It seemed like yesterday that I was married, and it's almost 10 months!

Quote:
I'm sorry about your (plural) loss. And about the way your m-i-l treated you. Maybe she is jealous that you knew what to do for Ingwe that would help him best while she did not know what to do and stood by watching helplessly. You have strength, love and patience, don't ever forget about those things when you feel down.
Ya, I didn't get to see his grandfather much, maybe two other times before. But I know he was important in Ingwe's life. He did live quite a long time though, but it still is pretty hard to believe.

Quote:
I'm not used to a site where everyone is quite so close, and actually I like it. Ingwe's site is great. He's a BIG expert in web design and most of what he posts is more complicated than quantum theory! The site has quite a few close people, but there is frequent bickering and despite the fact that the staff (including myself, I'm secretary) try everything to control it, once a bad guy is banned another one takes their place. It's very decentralized like that, and the staff due to becoming decentralized themselves tend to keep a safe distance so that if someone's temper takes over they don't get caught in the shockwave. In general that site is an enclave that has few members and all of the major ones are close, but some act discouraging to other members to the point that it's like a gunshot that's immediately noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
*tackles Mari*
AHa! Your plan has been foiled!

*boggles at Amael's post*
She types a lot, don't she?

I hope you realize, Amael, that my n00b comment was in jest. But the real reason we are all here is to CHEER YOU UP!

That was the cue for someone else to take over. I only come here to play the fool and be a bastard.

Smiles everyone!
LOL. I can be a bi*ch on the other hand. I don't usually say enough to people to be a bi*ch, but on the other hand, mmm, sometimes I do. ^^ LOL. Ya I figured the n00b comment was not dedicated to the intention of insult, I just wasn't quite sure at the time, kinda 50/50 I was on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
Never fight with a stubborn woman
I've implied that point to some level with others (cough, Ingwe) but somehow, I believe that my point gets through one-quarter of the time and the other three quarters it, well, it doesn't. LOL

Quote:
Ooo. Busted knees are never any fun. I never went to the doctor for it, but I think that fall I had a couple of years ago either cracked or fractured the kneecap. I know how Ingwe feels. *sends an icepack and a knee brace*

*hugs* I'm a very huggy person, Amy. You don't mind being called Amy do you? I can never spell your other name
Ya, Ingwe was in a bit of pain from that, but he had a headache that he said was worse than the knee pain. Then I saw him sitting there, he had undone a bandage on his leg and it started bleeding. And I was like, "hey you're bleeding you know that, I'm kinda concerned." He was like, "bah, get me the duct tape!" It's healed up well since then it looks like, either that or he's holding in whatever pain there is.

I don't mind being called Amy, or A'mael, or 'Anarwen'. The last two are names I used before. No clue what Anarwen means. I made it up. It's like Earwen, except like Arwen, and a combination of the two. There's a fun joke going around about having me be called "Anarwen Anarwus, Matriarch of Matriarchs" which probably would never be a correct translation, but it would be similar to how 'Ingwe Ingweran' or something like that means "Chief of the Chieftains".

Quote:
I actually was really shy when I first joined in 2005. The Cafe helped break the ice and I saw how friendly everyone was. This and EuropeForum are prooly the friendliest boards I've been on, I can make some of the stupidest posts myself.
American forums are sometimes not the closest, because unfortunately that's the mentality in the states. I like conversing with peopple from other nations because it reminds me that my mentality is not so rare to find, even these days where everything has completely changed in the last 2 to 3 thousand years.

I have found that the idea of sanity has changed in recent years. 30 years ago it was common for someone to be referred to as 'insane' if they left the one they love for a job opportunity. Today it's considered 'insane' if someone does not leave the one they love for a job opportunity. It really demoralizes me to witness how some people act when regarding work and family, and loved ones.

So I wouldn't mind posting on Ingwe's site more often if it wasn't just mostly Americans there, not that I have anything against Americans, it's just not diverse and because it's not diverse it's not as close of an atmosphere. The older generations might say that a lack of diversity is a good thing. I say it's a bad thing.

Quote:
I stay out of those myself, because 1) I have a really bad temper and 2) I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time

That's cause this is where the party's at

We're all friends here. So it makes it look like we're really close with each other.
No doubt, I like the party going on here. I have a hot temper myself when I'm facing a topic regarding religion, politics, war, and things that generally give off a bad smell when in the immediate vicinity.

It's good to have a friendship on a site, even though it's "just" the internet, it is important more than ever today because the mentalities online can affect mentalities 'offline' and so the importance of the internet expands. Friendship on a website turns a website into a community. Without friendship, a website is only just a website. One could have the most complicated and advanced website in the world but if nobody is friends, it's still 'just a website'. It makes a heck of a difference.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:56 AM   #620
Mari
Elf Lady

Amael, you really talk a lot (I doesn't mind! o_O)

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane! *attempts to tackle Sane from above while yelling: "Today shall be the day!!!"*

Closed Thread