Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #601
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I didnt post my aresnal, but its something akin to Greek fire on arrows. Hit and run tactics work best, they'd be out of range for the pirates on their horses, but could run in for some damage. They are trying to harry them, and should the pirates land, all the better, more running in and shooting then galloping off.

Persians perfected this technique against the Romans, since they rarely had the strength to go face to face for really any length of time.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #602
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Great posts, CS and Shah!

Lotesse, I have continued, as you asked me. But please, write about Viv's revelations yourself. OK? I feel I might get something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
I didnt post my aresnal, but its something akin to Greek fire on arrows. Hit and run tactics work best, they'd be out of range for the pirates on their horses, but could run in for some damage. They are trying to harry them, and should the pirates land, all the better, more running in and shooting then galloping off.

Persians perfected this technique against the Romans, since they rarely had the strength to go face to face for really any length of time.
Sounds great, Shah, and quite believable. I am looking forward to the battle.

But please, allow the fields and all the countryside to be inundated and very muddy by mid-day on Thursday.

Would you like Udu to make a landing to plunder another village? then you will be able to have a real fight.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #603
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I was thinking about the landing, but until the main forces from Tharbad came, my men (only about 100) woldnt stand a chance against that many pirates, unless it was only one ship that decided to turn aside, then perhaps that could work.

They arent trying to fight, merely harry and buy time for that falcon.

Lotesse You have permission to write for black wing once the message has been given to Mahta, but not before!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #604
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K., roger that!

Crazy Squirrel, Shah, Gordis, and Lady M - fantastic posts!! Gordis, I'll have Viv answer you in a minute; I just got in from work and then spent like twenty minutes PMing and stuff like that, and I haven't even had my glass of wine yet! So, I will get to it soon. Shah, the way you're setting up the stormy, wind-lashed, muddy excitement of riding off to the pirate alert, it's the bomb! This is getting more and more exciting.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-07-2006, 01:01 AM   #605
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Dear Crazy Squirrel, Viv had to open up to Gordis; it's for Lil's own good, you see! She's worried, and plus, you know she can't do cloak-and-dagger games with her Family members. Maybe poor Lil will be saved before she's rendered permanently disfigured, but I'm quite sure there's still PLENTY of time for those mean Nazboys to punish her aplenty, before they are found! Poor Lil. Well, she DID ask for it, that vixen!

Hope you guys like this last post. Gordis, is the conversation O.K.? Let me know!

Shah, Viv's going to be reporting to the Morgul Lord shortly, upon her progress with her lover and One True Love, but she's going to do EVERYTHING in her power to insure that Ray gets protection from The Dark Side, rather than hindrance, but only Ray, not anyone else. She'll be putting in a pretty huge request on his behalf. She sure as hell does NOT want to lose her man!!!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-07-2006, 01:53 AM   #606
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Still, as much has she might want to save her lover, the morgul lord already gave his orderes to those pirates, adn Ray is yay close to engaging them, I am afraid it is too late to save him from that sort of death. Though you never know, perhaps the Tharbad troops just might sort their elbows from ass hats in the nick of time.....it could happen.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #607
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Plot to discuss

Wonderful post, Lotesse,. I see I can trust you to write about Gor better than I do myself!

LMM, nice post about waiting modes!

Earniel, if you find Jas in my fountain, wouldn't you lead the poor Professor to Mahtaliel?
(there was a question of timing for that event: I say choose any time, but avoid 5-10 PM, the nazgul would be running around in numbers- they couldn't have missed Jas!)

Serenoli, TD, Udu,
We have now an interesting development. But to continue, we shall have to discuss an important question to tie up all the plotlines.

Who was the first to tell the Captain about Lil?

At about 7.30 PM, Aiwendis and Viniglaen set out to tell the Captain what they know. But what does the Captain know?
What I mean, by the time Viv and Gor find the Captain, he might have already been told of the plot.

Serenoli, At 5.30 PM Tolvadok should come to Udu's house. Will he sneak inside? Will he talk to Udu? Will he run to the Palace to tell the Captain of the plot before it is too late?

Udu, if Tolvadok decides to go report to the Captain, will you try to stop him ?(With the help of Khamul it would be quite possible- but without Khamul, perhaps Udu wouldn't be able to stop Tol, even with the help of his men?)

TD, what about Khamul? Will he report to the Captain even before he goes to Udu's house at 6.30, or he thinks to report AFTER the deed is done? Will he prevent Tol from running to tell the Captain?

We have to wait for Serenoli and TD to post, or at least reveal their intentions here, in the Discussion thread. Let us all agree on the plot development.

I am leaving all the decisions to the players involved, mark you! Any way is fine with me. But I can't write the scene with the Captain talking to the girls, before these questions are answered.

Please come up with your opinions, all involved!

Last edited by Gordis : 02-07-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #608
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

it seems I missed a lot of great posts in one short night!

Anyway, I have deliberated, and decided that Tolvadok will stick to his duty. He'll spy around, and then he'll report to the Captain. In that case, its upto to TD and Udu whether they'll stop him... but then he might just sneak off without telling them, you know. But Tol will get there first, thats for sure.

Earniel, I'll establish Jas in the garden in early morning, say 9 or 10 am. Just send Earniel along. I'm sure you'll know exactly what she happened to be doing there...

Gordis, I'm afraid it isn't possible for Earniel to take him along to Mahta's cos she's posted herself all busy for Wednesday. Unless, LMM, you would edit?

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 02-07-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #609
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

OK, thanks for the quick reply, Serenoli.

Did I understang right that Tol is not going to enter the house and seek out Udu?

Note, the Chancellor will be in the Observatory, as he spent most of his time there on Wednesday. So, once you enter the Library, if it is before 6.30 PM, you are bound to meet Khamul. Nobody can let you in, but Khamul or Sapthan - the doors are locked. And Sapthan will not let a student Girithron into the Library after closing time. So, you are bound to explain all to Khamul first.

Could you, please, post about Tol's exploration of the house as soon as possible for you, to speed the things on??

As for Jas-Earniel scene, my suggestion is to transfer it to THURSDAY morning- when the rain started- very attractive to frogs . Then LMM will not have to change her post and all will be fine.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #610
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

But, jas will die of hunger! Even if Mahta is excluded from the scene, it has to be Wednesday for it would be cruel to leave poor Jas in this state for too long. I put him through a lot, but he's only human, and a middle-aged weak one at that. I'm posting right now about him, so u can go check it out.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #611
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I haven't thought about it! Poor hungry mortal!
Looking forward to your post!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #612
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

HA Ha Ha!

L O V E D it, Serenoli!

You are a wondrous writer!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #613
Serenoli

Done. Rather long, but a frog transformation takes time. I wonder when the poor dear will be restored his memory?

Anyway, now I have to write the Tolvadok post. I'm rather exhausted from the last one, but I'll give it a shot...

edit: Gordis, didn't see your post. :blushes: you really liked it?

Y'know, I always wanted to be a very serious writer, but I wonder if comedy might not be more my line...

Last edited by Serenoli : 02-07-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #614
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Okay, so we're still in Wednesday, right? Now I just have to think about what Eärniel will do on encountering a slightly crazed professor. Will try and post tonight.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #615
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Done. Rather long, but a frog transformation takes time. I wonder when the poor dear will be restored his memory?

Anyway, now I have to write the Tolvadok post. I'm rather exhausted from the last one, but I'll give it a shot...

edit: Gordis, didn't see your post. :blushes: you really liked it?

Y'know, I always wanted to be a very serious writer, but I wonder if comedy might not be more my line...
I think really FUNNY comedy may be more difficult to write than serious stuff. You are a very gifted writer, for real.

As for Jas's memory... Do you think it will ever be fully restored? I saw the first ML's intervention as a file deletion, wiping clean of a good portion of his memory. I would say, it is gone for good.

I believe it was not a magic spell, per se, but an act of a far superior evil will. Induced amnesia. It happens sometimes after traumas, or when a person witnesses something horrible.

The second, frog thing, on the contrary, was putting some images in Jas's brain - a weak spell, that will hold but for a little time. Simple trick, like hypnosis...
Old 02-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #616
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yikes! I think the ML over reacted a bit...I wonder just how much will come back? And will he be coherent enough in memory to teach?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #617
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Serenoli, TD, Udu,
We have now an interesting development. But to continue, we shall have to discuss an important question to tie up all the plotlines.

Who was the first to tell the Captain about Lil?
Gordis, I am not quite sure about that.

Quote:
At about 7.30 PM, Aiwendis and Viniglaen set out to tell the Captain what they know. But what does the Captain know?
What I mean, by the time Viv and Gor find the Captain, he might have already been told of the plot.
Udu never told the Captain about his plans, so I cannot answer that question.

Quote:
Serenoli, At 5.30 PM Tolvadok should come to Udu's house. Will he sneak inside? Will he talk to Udu? Will he run to the Palace to tell the Captain of the plot before it is too late?
Tolvadok cannot sneak inside because Udu will sense the presence of another Nazgul. When he is aware of this fact, he will send out a message in thought speech, inquiring as to who the other wraith is. Obviously, if Tolvadok replies, Udu will know who he is and order him to get off his property. If Tolvadok does not reply, Udu will get very suspicious, and halt all plans.

Quote:
Udu, if Tolvadok decides to go report to the Captain, will you try to stop him ?(With the help of Khamul it would be quite possible- but without Khamul, perhaps Udu wouldn't be able to stop Tol, even with the help of his men?)
Tolvadok has nothing to report to the Captain at this time. Udu does not make any secret of the fact that he lives in the triangular house.

After all this, if Lilly should show up, Udu's warning senses will be in a range of high red. If Lilly knocks at the door, Udu will simply tell Ulfast to inform the lady that he does not know what she is talking about, that she is just there to make trouble, and to send her away. Then Udu would have a goblet of wine with Tatyana and do a lot of cursing.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #618
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(quick note for all - I've talked to a few people and I'm more open to the possibility of returning after a break, so if anyone refers to my 3 elves, the letters they wrote were very vague on time - kind of a "the 3 of us need some quiet time to be together and talk after our long separation, and we're not sure when we'll be back - could be a few days, could be a few years."

I have to leave it open like that so that if I do come back, I"ll be able to pick up pretty much where I left off.

Great posts, everyone! )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #619
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Have posted my response to the raiders, and blood has been shed. Udu, please wait till I finish that post!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #620
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Have posted my response to the raiders, and blood has been shed. Udu, please wait till I finish that post!
LSP, I don't have time to write any more today, but I wasn't planning on writing much anyway. The pirates are not idiots; they were there for easy spoils and captives. With the widespread alarm, there will never be a raid on Tharbad.
Closed Thread