Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:27 PM   #601
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Enelya, for a reason totally unknown to her, pulled her skirt a little further down over her knees. She glanced over at Jack and realized he seemed to actually be looking around at things again.

This, for yet another reason unknown to her, absurdly pleased her.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #602
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

A very grumpy looking elf then decided to show up and seat himself on the log recently vacated by the Entmaid.

"How many people are on this bloody island. I thought it was deserted." he said. It seems my compainions are a very drunk pirate, an elf and whatever he is"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #603
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

The figure whirled around to face Enelya, quite suddenly. On his face was a frown...or rather, something between an annoyed face, furious face, and livid face. He began to redden...in fact, everything but his cloak and feather was turning reddish.

"You shall not dare to interrupt the songs of Númenoriorianior!!" he shouted, rather angrily. "Fool mortal, who dares to desecrate the fair words..."

And with that, he began to descend into a fairly lengthy rant, which doesn't need to be recorded here in full.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 08-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #604
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Enelya blinked, completely taken aback. "I'm not a mortal," she pointed out weakly. "I'm an Elf. Well, half-Elf but I'd rather not talk about the other half of my blood."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:29 PM   #605
Curubethion

"Mortal or half-elf, it is strictly forbidden to profane the ancient songs of Númeniariorianior!" the figure nearly screamed. "The songs passed down from Aragaranaradara-Talaanamatanion through the ages, to the high king Elendendil and his sons Aniorianion and Izzildiur! How dare you??"
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 08-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #606
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"I didn't realize what you were doing," she said helplessly. "I'm very sorry if I've violated some sort of sacred right."

Old 08-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #607
Curubethion

"Sacred right?" spluttered the regal figure. "This is more than a sacred right...it is...it is...it is...why, it is a SACRED RIGHT! Why doesn't anyone ever understand that? It's disrespect like that which brought Númenoriarionior into the sea! Why-why-"

And then he stopped for a few seconds to regain his breath. Which he desperately needed.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #608
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"I'm sorry!" she said, starting to cry. "I didn't mean to do anything. I was just trying to be helpful." Poor Enelya was sobbing now. "Nothing I ever do turns out right."

Old 08-26-2006, 10:11 PM   #609
Curubethion

"That's odd..." murmured the figure. "Nobody ever did that before..."

He scratched his head, trying to figure out exactly why Enelya was crying.

"I mean, after all, being the High Heir to Númenoiriorianior, I really didn't get that much...well...reaction..."

He turned towards the sea, furrowing his brow and mumbling to himself.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #610
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"You were yelling at me for an understandable mistake," she whimpered. "Of course I'm crying!"

Old 08-26-2006, 10:17 PM   #611
Curubethion

"Castaway of unknown origin..." the figure slowly said, "did you just shout at the High Heir Elendendil II of Númenoriorianior?"

He frowned.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #612
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"No," she snapped. "I whimpered loudly. There's a difference."

Old 08-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #613
Curubethion

"I don't think I understand..." replied the blue-feather man. "And...I think you just shouted at me again..."
Old 08-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #614
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"No," she corrected. "I just snapped." Enelya wiped away her tears. "I am sorry about crying on you. I just broke down."

Old 08-26-2006, 10:31 PM   #615
Curubethion

"The High Heir neither gives nor takes apology..." the figure began to recite with a monotonous speech..."Um...were you yelling that time? And do you break down often?"
Old 08-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #616
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Only when a person yells at me when I'm trying to help," she explained. "It distresses me to no end."

Old 08-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #617
Curubethion

"I believe I understand," answered the figure. "I do also get irritated with those who have forgotten the ways of Númenorioraiorior..."

He took a breath, and told Enelya, "By what name do you go by, island-dweller?"
Old 08-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #618
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"My name is Enelya Tîwele." She stood up and brushed the sand off her skirt. "What might yours be?"

Old 08-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #619
Curubethion

The figure made a bow, and his cloak (the one with the Blue Tree on the back) swept the ground. "I am Elendendil II of Númenoriorianior, the lost island of the Númenorianioranians. And I am the last of that line...the rest were lost when the island perished in fire and water, brought by the Dark Lord Sauronionin. It's sad, really...especially because nobody seems to remember us or the Blue Tree."
Old 08-26-2006, 11:58 PM   #620
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"It all sounds vaguely familiar," she admitted. "And very tragic. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Closed Thread