Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #601
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I do think they were the right thing. Meloshevic was killing 100's of thousands of people. he had concentration camps. Remember - the world declared "never again"? So yes - I think these wars ARE justified. Do I wish there was no war, no poverity - of course I do. But that's not the make believe world we live in. We live in a world where sometimes in order to protect millions - you have to kill a few people.
Jersey just curious..... did you support american military action in Rowanda to prevent the deaths of hundreds of thousands of africans in the horribly bloody genocide there in 1994?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #602
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Jersey just curious..... did you support american military action in Rowanda to prevent the deaths of hundreds of thousands of africans in the horribly bloody genocide there in 1994?
I would have if we had gone in there. I felt we should have gone in there - but Clinton didn't want the backlash of another Somalia. I don't think we should have left Somalia either.

But it is funny how there were no demonstrations or anything demanding them to stop. It's also funny how the world didn't step in or the UN. But hey - the Un had to pull out of Somalia when the US pulled out.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 04-02-2003 at 02:46 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 05:04 PM   #603
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 04-02-2003 at 05:21 PM.
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 05:13 PM   #604
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
If the outcome of this war will be a stable, sound and democratic government of Iraq, within a reasonable amount of time, then I'll say the war has been justified. Though I fear it is a long way to go to get there
It might not be longer than it seems. It's been going on for what 12 days now or something around there. Latest report says we have Baghdad surrounded at a 30 mile radius. That is pretty damn impressive if you ask me, going that far in such a short amount of time with so many people/vehicles. I think the next week is going to be crucial in finding a lot of information out, especially about Saddam (dead/alive/hurt/etc..) The fighting has gotten more intense the past few days too, so you never know the length of it, it might look longer than it first appeared, but now it's looking shorter and shorter by the day from what I've been seeing anyway...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 04-02-2003, 05:46 PM   #605
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Huh?

Dunny, I think Artanis meant to a stable, sound democracy in Iraq, not Saddam falling.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:05 PM   #606
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Actually, U.S. troops are within 28 kilometers of Baghdad now. I really, really hope that we have a good plan for taking that city. The thought of urban fighting scares me.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:50 PM   #607
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
Actually, U.S. troops are within 28 kilometers of Baghdad now. I really, really hope that we have a good plan for taking that city. The thought of urban fighting scares me.
Not sure how far 28 kilometers is, lol, but the latest report now is 15 miles!

I am just so shocked at how quickly they have made it there, for instance one of the Divisions on the outskirts of Baghdad is the 3rd Infantry Division, a Mechanized Unit (meaning Tanks, Bradley's, lots of heavy armor equipment, not to mention a whole lot of troops and personnel). For them to move that far, encounter 10 Iraqi Divisions and be within 15 miles of Baghdad in less than 14 days is simply amazing to me!

--Linaewen
Old 04-02-2003, 10:56 PM   #608
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

And now, the weather..............

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:11 PM   #609
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Wednesday's current conditions and forecast: Baghdad High: 82. Sunny. Low: 61. Basra High: 86. Sunny. Low: 65. Kirkuk High: 75. Partly sunny. Low: 56. Mosul High: 73. Partly sunny. Low: 50. Najaf High: 83. Sunny. Low: 60. Nasiriya High: 84. Sunny. Low: 63. Kuwait City High: 88. Mostly sunny. Low: 64.

Thursday: Baghdad High: 88. Partly sunny. Low: 67. Basra High: 94. Sunny. Low: 72. Kirkuk High: 85. Partly sunny. Low: 64. Mosul High: 82. Partly sunny. Low: 57. Najaf High: 92. Sunny. Low: 67. Nasiriya High: 93. Sunny. Low: 71. Kuwait City High: 93. Mostly sunny. Low: 68.

Friday: Baghdad High: 93. Mostly sunny. Low: 72. Basra High: 102. Sunny. Low: 77. Kirkuk High: 91. Mostly sunny. Low: 69. Mosul High: 90. Partly sunny. Low: 62. Najaf High: 101. Partly sunny. Low: 75. Nasiriya High: 101. Sunny. Low: 76. Kuwait City High: 93. Sunny. Low: 72.

New Moon April 1. Next full moon April 16. Next new moon May 1.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:13 PM   #610
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

LOL!

Thank you BoP!

And now, our next item.......Over to you Trevor--->

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 04-02-2003 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:22 PM   #611
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Welcome.

Is anyone else getting positively blinded by Dunny's new sig? *squint*
Old 04-02-2003, 11:24 PM   #612
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Hello everyone!

*walks out*

I love his Sig!

Last edited by wahine : 04-02-2003 at 11:25 PM.
wahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:25 PM   #613
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Gah....
I haven't watched any TV. Don't want to hear the newscasters... I am not really but also sort of looking forward to the news in Spain...simply hearing everything from a different persepective, even though the Spanish gov't is supporting Bush.

I would really like to see the html for your flag, Dunedain--I bet it's utterly insane!

tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:28 PM   #614
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Welcome.

YuP!

And I thought the fangirls were creative!

Beatallica
Old 04-02-2003, 11:29 PM   #615
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Welcome.

Yeah I just noticed on the one background it is painful, lol, but it looks good on the other one. I guess I need to try and time my posts

--Linaewen
Old 04-02-2003, 11:31 PM   #616
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
I would really like to see the html for your flag, Dunedain--I bet it's utterly insane!

tano
hehe, yeah it is pretty long, took me a bit of time to do it

--Linaewen
Old 04-02-2003, 11:33 PM   #617
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Welcome.

O.O

Whoa. Totally groovy dude.

O.O

-mind has been controlled by sig-

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:35 PM   #618
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Did you people hear about that female POW being returned?

Was she not GOOD enough or something?

Are they like antifemminine *being a fangirl*?
Old 04-02-2003, 11:35 PM   #619
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Heh. Are you getting the little dotty things on your eyeballs yet?
Old 04-02-2003, 11:37 PM   #620
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
Did you people hear about that female POW being returned?

Was she not GOOD enough or something?

Are they like antifemminine *being a fangirl*?
If you're talking about Jessica Lynch (?) I thought she'd been rescued...

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote