FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #601
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
She's in prison.
You made it sound that way, but if I said "Where is she, jail?" and it was wrong I would've been an ass.

If she's allowed visitors, then I think you should visit her. You know she'll be in the mood for a good talk as much as you, so you could both ease each other's lonesomeness. If she's not allowed visitors, that's dumb.

Rian, computers are dumb too. Mine is suddenly beginning to slow down... again.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #602
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I can't visit her, Bombadillo, that's the f--ed up thing about it. I still have warrants of my own, which my lawyer's still working on getting lifted for me, but until that happens I can't go anywhere NEAR a prison. I finally paid my attorney - he is NOT cheap - and am still awaiting a court date for all this. I can't wait 'till all my crap is cleaned up and dealt with. Well, anyway, I'm getting there, slowly but surely. Thanx 4 the friendly advice, tho, Bombadillo!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 08-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #603
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

You're welcome.

VENT: That's a really dumb rule though.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #604
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Which rule - the one where you can't be granted admission into a high-security state prison to visit convicted felons if you yourself are wanted by the law? See - it really isn't that dumb. It's ME that's dumb for not taking care of my warrants, or whatever. I guess it does feel better to say "that's a dumb rule," though. It certainly is an inconvenient rule for me in particular, right now, but I brought it upon myself, so I can't really bitch about it...

Old 08-06-2005, 10:32 PM   #605
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Well, I can for you. All legal systems are way to impersonal. You obviously should be an exception from that rule.

On a barely related note (and I guess this is the right thread), I wanna get into a fight before I'm 18.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:40 PM   #606
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Wanna get into a fight? Then go to a bar and aggravate a drunk frat-boy, or something. Bars are great for getting into brawls (I hate bars). Just bring back-up, in case it gets out of hand, so you don't become seriously injured, you know? You should try and get a few punching-and-blocking lessons first, though, from someone who knows Krav Maga or like a gangbanger friend or something. As Shakespeare says (or actually Polonius said to his son Laertes when he was giving him going-away advice, in the play Hamlet):
Beware / Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,
Bear't that the opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment

anyway. Happy brawling. Try not to be unduly reckless, though; I don't need it on my conscience.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #607
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

You've got nothing to worry about. I'm too strangely honorable, or whatever. More specifically, I wanna kick some ass, but only someone's who deserves it, and I don't wanna start a fight. But then it's too bad I'm such a likable guy; no one would start anything with me. It reminds me of Louis in Interview With A Vampire.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #608
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
Rian, computers are dumb too. Mine is suddenly beginning to slow down... again.
Mine is screamin' fast now - I'll enjoy it while it lasts ... *glares at adware and viruses*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #609
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Rian, do you have any anti-adware and/or pop-up blocker software or whatever? If you don't, your computer will probably end up crashing again; just speaking from experience. It's worth the investment, believe me.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:50 PM   #610
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

yes, I have ad-aware and spy-bot, which did a good job for a long, long time, but one finally got thru ...

I've had computers for years, and this is the first really bad mess-up I"ve had, so that's not too much to complain about. I just wish people weren't malicious - the people that make these viruses, etc., just care about themselves and their own jollies. Messing up my computer is just inconvenient, but what if a small business owner's computer gets messed up, and they lose the business or something like that?

Get a life, you virus makers

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 08-07-2005, 02:05 AM   #611
Rían

Oy ... am v. tired, need to clean closet and do paperwork, don't want to clean closet and do paperwork ... *whimper*

(what a wuss I am!)

On another note - am tired of life being difficult, but life is amazingly glorious, too ...

Old 08-07-2005, 02:10 AM   #612
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm trying to get my little wooden pennywhistle to play the full two octaves that it's supposed to be able to play... argh. Maybe I'm just not blowing hard enough, or the right way, or SOMETHING, but I can only play two notes up into the second octave before it 'breaks' and the sound slides back down to the first octave.

The Magic Flute my tushie.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:17 AM   #613
Rían

ah, the Magic Flute!

Pennywhistles are cool.

*avoids looking at the closet*

Old 08-11-2005, 01:03 AM   #614
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I hate my stepfather. It is almost unbelieveable to me what an enormous a-hole he still is, after all these years. After all these years, even with the distance of time and thousands of miles separating me from him and from the life I endured thanks to the combined efforts of both him and (through her inaction)my mother, even now, he can still pop up into my life arbitrarily, and once again reveal his loathsomeness. Even now, the bastard still tries to estrange me from my mother and brothers and sister. Even now, he wields a tidbit of the old power over me that once held me down so very, very low. How I wish he would suffer in the way he made me suffer, but that of course is an impossibility. I wish I could beat him senseless, I wish I could remove him from every last vestige of self-pride or smug happiness he may possess. How I wish... anyway. I am too upset at this moment to dare continue venting here; I am shaking so much I can barely type. All I can say is I'm grateful for the Moot, where I can actually say what's on my mind and in my heart without fear of reprisal. my god, I hate that wicked man.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #615
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

One thing I have observed about human behavior is that when someone refuses to fight back, and simply endures abuse, others will side with that person. Whenever my brothers have a fight, and one of them doesn't retaliate (almost never happens ), that person recieves support from the other family members. Or does until he attempts to manipulate the support and use it as a weapon, anyway . It is just obvious who is in the right, if one person of the two in dispute is recieving abuse or attacks without retaliating. That person automatically wins.

Vent:

I hate it when Satan tries to interfere with devotions. It's exhausting. How to discern between the spirits? When you have a spirit near you speaking to you, how can you in a foolproof way know what God's will is?

There are several answers to this, I know. Is what is being said in accord with the Bible? Do you feel God's peace about it, or are you afraid? Does the spirit acknowledge that Jesus came in the flesh and is Lord?

I am pretty sure I know what God's will is in this particular case, but it was exhausting to get there.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 08-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #616
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Your heart will tell you what God's will is. The deepest part of your heart of hearts.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #617
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I agree that a good deal of meditation can be very helpful at such times, though I tend to look outward as well as inward. If I can't discern what's right for myself immediately, I listen for God's voice speaking to me in an actual verbal way and using it as a guide to explore inward, to explore my own feelings and discernment of what's right.

What has been your success, in searching the heart?
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-11-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #618
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

i have quite a minor vent, compared to these big questions you have dealt with here..O.o

i was donating blood today.. my Hb was almost too low, so they gave me some iron pills. i hate pills. i don't want pills. *mutters*
but what really pisses me off is that still, in the year 2005, gay men cannot donate blood. *sighs*
Old 08-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #619
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Some of us would feel quite uncomfortable if they could, Nerdanel, simply because of the increased likelihood of diseases-like AIDS-being transferred to us.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #620
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Some of us would feel quite uncomfortable if they could, Nerdanel, simply because of the increased likelihood of diseases-like AIDS-being transferred to us.
L
But they screen for HIV and/or aids, and hep-c and a host of other things, before blood is accepted, don't they? and also, just because a person happens to be gay does not necessarily mean that that person is just automatically somehow inferior health-wise, does it? Do you know how many insanely healthy gay guys I know here in L.A.? I would accept their blood in a transfusion, especially in light of the fact that it (the donated blood) is screened & tested before being accepted ANYway.

Closed Thread