Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:49 AM   #601
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, as i said before there are more than val still on Monday ... udu for one - unless he had changed his mind about attending the performance - and the chancellor (was going) and bumble and possibly Jas?

Theres still the race - viv and marty and ray?? - is CS done with monday??
Old 12-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #602
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I thought the dancing girls thing was a joke, because I couldn't imagine dancing girls as an established thing at a University , but if you guys want to write it, then by all means go ahead

The race is a placeholder, and Shah has said that she MIGHT have it as a Christmas present for us, so I don't think we need to wait for that.

Is everyone else done with Monday? What's the word? Val has one more post, but it's a placeholder, and he'll fill it in hopefully soon. I think we've been on Monday for a month and a half now, and I'm ready to move on, but would be glad to wait if people have things they really want to do on rpg-Monday Perhaps if the people that want the dancing girl post don't have time to post in the near future, then the lead dancing girl could sprain her ankle or something, and the performance will have to be put off

EDIT - yes, Monday started on Oct 31st.

ALSO - Udu and Gordis, your PM box is full - please burn some letters

Val - very nice post! ... hmmm, interesting ...
I'll go edit out my joke post now

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-16-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:27 PM   #603
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

A month and a half is long enough... finish up with monday and on to tuesday. And weren't the dancing girls moved to tuesday night anyway?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 12-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #604
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Val, very interesting post.

Re:Monday. I am not in the mood to write about dancing girls. If someone else feels cheerful enough, go right on.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #605
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
A month and a half is long enough... finish up with monday and on to tuesday. And weren't the dancing girls moved to tuesday night anyway?
A month and a half for one VERRRRRRRRY long Monday is most definitely long enough, IMO. And what is this about dancing girls? What dancing girls? How much activity can transpire within one 24 hour time period? I mean really. If it takes six weeks to do one day, at this rate we won't get our story to a weekend for... for a long time. Someone else do the math, I suck at math. But its a long ass time.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #606
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Rian, never would I do anything like that!
I know, I was just teasing you. Your comment about how after Sapthan got hold of the book that you felt sorry for Rian just tickled my sense of humor

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #607
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

At this rate it'll take at least 30 weeks to get to saturday. In which case... on to tuesday we go!
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 12-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #608
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Udu, those posts with Sapthan lusting after & revering Rian's gondolin book were great!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-16-2005, 03:00 PM   #609
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

We also agreed with Val that Aiwendis's potion will be efficient during one moon. But at THIS rate of the game Val will probably get married to Aiwendis by Wednesday or Thursday, and by next Monday he will have a big family...
Old 12-16-2005, 03:03 PM   #610
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Udu, those posts with Sapthan lusting after & revering Rian's gondolin book were great!
Yes I loved the posts also. And Rian's part, temporarily edited. Sapthan is definitely not a simple villian.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:54 PM   #611
Rían

Thanks, Gordis!

I'll put the posts back now, because it's looking like we might be moving on to Tuesday, and I can always take them out again if that's not the case.

Glad you guys liked the book scene - it occurred to me when I read how Sapthan liked books so much, and it's been a pleasure working with Udu He really made Sapthan vivid and interesting.

Udu - I'll have the next post up in a few minutes, then it's your move *bites her fingernails*

Last edited by Rían : 12-16-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #612
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Yes I loved the posts also. And Rian's part, temporarily edited. Sapthan is definitely not a simple villian.
Oh, no, Sapthan is not a simple villian. He is coniving and calculating, but he is no Grima Wormtongue. Sapthan is for Sapthan first.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #613
Rían

Udu - see my pm, there was something unclear in my post that we need to coordinate ...

Old 12-16-2005, 05:47 PM   #614
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*anGlad you guys liked the book scene - it occurred to me when I read how Sapthan liked books so much, and it's been a pleasure working with Udu :) He really made Sapthan vivid and interesting.

[b
Udu[/b] - I'll have the next post up in a few minutes, then it's your move *bites her fingernails*
I am glad that Sapthan has received a positive reponse. Rian, if you want anything changed, just say so. Always happy to oblige.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:56 PM   #615
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Awesome posts, Rian and Udu Very enjoyable.
Also a pleasure to see members of FOGAL and FOEAD working together smoothly like good friends.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:01 PM   #616
Rían

Thanks, Gor, and yes it IS possible!

Did you guess that the song Rian sang was the first verse of the Irish book lament I talked about in the discussion thread here? It's in Gaelic, I'm guessing, but I thought it would be fun to pass it off as Gondolic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udu
I am glad that Sapthan has received a positive reponse. Rian, if you want anything changed, just say so. Always happy to oblige.
And ditto

Please check my PM for the possible continuity error and let me know what you think, OK?

Last edited by Rían : 12-16-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:18 PM   #617
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Did you guess that the song Rian sang was the first verse of the Irish book lament I talked about in the discussion thread here? It's in Gaelic, I'm guessing, but I thought it would be fun to pass it off as Gondolic here.
Oh, yes, it was obvious . Not that I know Gaelic... But who does?
It looks nicely here.
Speaking of continuity. Earniel left Rian in a hurry for her lesson with Galadannun starting at 8. So I presume it is now around 9? and Khamul will soon be returning to the Library (after 9.30) interrupting your sweet bookish talk? I am afraid it will make him dislike Sapthan seeing him with hated Rian.
And Tolvadok , as far as I understand, is looking for Rian everywhere. You will have an interesting day, Rian...
Old 12-16-2005, 06:35 PM   #618
Rían

Glad you liked it - I thought it looked nice there, too.

whoo, Rian's day sounds fun!

I have to go now - Udu and TD, do you guys want to decide if you want to meet up while Sapthan is talking with Rian, and then let me know your decision? I was ready to close down the conversation, but if you guys want to do that, then I'll just keep it going for one of you to pick up. I could go either way, no problem. Let me know!

Old 12-17-2005, 02:17 AM   #619
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
A month and a half for one VERRRRRRRRY long Monday is most definitely long enough, IMO. And what is this about dancing girls? What dancing girls? How much activity can transpire within one 24 hour time period? I mean really. If it takes six weeks to do one day, at this rate we won't get our story to a weekend for... for a long time. Someone else do the math, I suck at math. But its a long ass time.
Yeah - and not only is it slow... I think we're going even slower now than we did at first! We're slowing down all the time. Soon - a day will take a whole year! Scratch that... couldn't happen very soon then, could it!

It DOES seem like we get going on a day and everyone wants to fill their hours as much as possible (sorta like; OK - my character is doing this from 8 am to 9 am, then something else until 10:30, from 10:30 to noon it's such-and-so, then lunch w/ ____ at noon, followed by... you get the idea).

Just kind of funny.

If you want the math - I think I noted early on that we were doing about a month of real time for each day of game time. In the beginning, I mentioned that we had a two month long semester. OK - so if we can 'pick it back up' to one month per day, and if we want the game to end when the semester does, that would be 60 game days in 60 real months = 5 years! Anybody up for a 5-year plan??

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-17-2005, 03:24 AM   #620
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Yeah - and not only is it slow... I think we're going even slower now than we did at first! We're slowing down all the time. Soon - a day will take a whole year! Scratch that... couldn't happen very soon then, could it!

It DOES seem like we get going on a day and everyone wants to fill their hours as much as possible (sorta like; OK - my character is doing this from 8 am to 9 am, then something else until 10:30, from 10:30 to noon it's such-and-so, then lunch w/ ____ at noon, followed by... you get the idea).

Just kind of funny.

If you want the math - I think I noted early on that we were doing about a month of real time for each day of game time. In the beginning, I mentioned that we had a two month long semester. OK - so if we can 'pick it back up' to one month per day, and if we want the game to end when the semester does, that would be 60 game days in 60 real months = 5 years! Anybody up for a 5-year plan??
Da, Comrade Valandilsky. Da.
Closed Thread