Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 03:14 AM   #581
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Daewen Silverstar

When you hear people say doll, whether they're referring to the toy or calling someone else a doll, you imediatly think of Tom Bombabdil.
Or when you do your Biology exam, and there's a reference to rabbits, you immediately think 'Coney'.

You are planning to start a range of chocolates replacing 'Freddo Frogs' with them- 'Frodo Frogs', 'Gandalf Frogs' 'Merry Frogs' etc. etc...with the help of cassiopeia , Entmoot buddy and fellow Aussie!
Old 05-26-2003, 05:49 AM   #582
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Could you really eat Frodo, though? He's so cute! (Yes, I'm talking about the book, where he's described as 'fairer than most'.) I wonder what Sauron or Shelob would taste like? (See, I didn't say Aragorn, did I?)
Actually, Lin, I've seen LOTR chocolates here. There's packets with (movie) Frodo, Aragorn, Legolas, ect. on the front. And yes, I did buy a chocolate block once because it had Aragorn on the front.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:24 AM   #583
Daewen Silverstar
Sapling

Here are a few more. Hugs to my friends on the barrowdowns for helping me think these up!

-You get up and unexpectedly leave the house and when you return, say that you were suddenly summoned to a secret council in Rivendell.

-You go into the movies and the salesclerk behind the counter says "The Usual"

-When you or your friends has to go to the principal's office, you say, "One cannot simply walk into the office. There is evil there that does not sleep."

-During the school band concert, one of the songs brings Rohan to mind...this one happened to me actually.

-You watch movies just because cast members from Lord of the Rings are in it.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:30 AM   #584
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I have most of those. Here're s'more:

You insist to every guy you know that if they just let their hair grow a little longer and curlier and maybe developed a slight accent...

You make your own magic staff.

You wait endlessly while posting on entmoot for your Narya!!!!

Your friends e-mail you pictures of eagles because you are trapped on Orthanc

You begin to wonder what Shelob would taste like because you saw a post about chocolate LOTR characters on the moot somewhere

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens

Last edited by Dreran the Green : 05-26-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:49 AM   #585
Ararax
Elven Warrior

you go down on one knee and pull out the ring to propose and all of a sudden you say NOOO its mineeeeeee my PREACIOUSSSSSS and run away and jump in the flameing desert.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:54 AM   #586
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

How very romantic

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 05-26-2003, 02:33 PM   #587
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Daewen Silverstar

-You go into the movies and the salesclerk behind the counter says "The Usual"

This one is priceless.

Ararax, it would be even better if you run away and jump into the flaming dessert !
Old 05-26-2003, 05:12 PM   #588
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

You know you're obsessed with LotR when you play Warcraft III or another computer game and you give your units LotR names or names of fellow 'Mooters.
(Totday, I called a lizard in Warcraft III Lizra )
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:19 PM   #589
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

You call your living room or den 'the common room.'
Old 05-26-2003, 05:40 PM   #590
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
You know you're obsessed with LotR when you play Warcraft III or another computer game and you give your units LotR names or names of fellow 'Mooters.
(Totday, I called a lizard in Warcraft III Lizra )
Poor Lizra.

I've named all my characters in Shadowbane by randomly pulling 'em out of the HoME 5 index. (Silmerosse Helevorn, Isil Moonsheen, and Melian.)
Old 05-26-2003, 06:00 PM   #591
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I was strongly tempted to name my characters from Tolkien's works (my Centaur is actually named Glenstorm), but I decided to be more original.

Then I went and named my Scout (archer) Cuthalion Strongbow.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-26-2003, 06:15 PM   #592
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

When you are sitting at a band concert at school with your class, and the directer comes up and says "The first pease that we will hear played by the 8th grade band, you will probally reconise if you have been to see many movies in the past year or so. This pease is taken from snippits of diffrent songs from The Lord of the Rings" and every one in your class that isn't in band turns around and looks at you. Later while talking to a friend, she informs you that a couple people in her class wisperd your name when this was said.

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 05-26-2003, 07:46 PM   #593
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
When at state contest for choir and band you see that the last band is playing "Gandalf" and you yearn to stay until nearly 10 PM just to hear that song.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:20 AM   #594
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Sometimes I download random music because either the name of the song or the band sounds LotRish, or, even better, it is about LotR.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 05-27-2003, 04:50 PM   #595
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
When at state contest for choir and band you see that the last band is playing "Gandalf" and you yearn to stay until nearly 10 PM just to hear that song.
I have another choir related one:

When you and your other LOTR freak friend get a duet in a song that reminds you of hobbits, you find a big poster of Frodo to hold up while singing

We are doing this tonight

Old 05-27-2003, 05:50 PM   #596
Daewen Silverstar
Sapling

Strider

You turn to people randomly and quote elvish lines which scares everyone you say it to.

Eventually the entire student body/co-workers are no longer surprised to hear ur elvish lines and are begining to expect it.

You constantly duct tape ur ears to a point
Old 06-01-2003, 03:19 PM   #597
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

You have a four hour Saturday detention, and you forgot your book. To pass the time you imagine the battle of Helm's Deep, every detail.

You ever had this nightmare: A teacher finally found out you've been mooting all the time in her class, so you walk in one day and she wrote "NO ENTMOOT IN CLASS" on the board. You wake up sweating.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:28 PM   #598
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

When you hold up sighns with Gollum quotes on it instead of talking to your sister.

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 06-01-2003, 08:58 PM   #599
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

When you get really annoyed when you see 'dwarves' written as 'dwarfs'. I saw that spelling in the paper the other day (specifically related to Tolkien) and it really annoyed me.

I know dwarfs is the proper spelling, but I think it should be changed!
Old 06-03-2003, 06:39 PM   #600
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I agree! To me "dwarfs" is a verb, as in "the huge pine dwarfs the small statue." I don't see it as a noun at all.

Related experience, the other day I was doing a crossword puzzle, and the clue was "elves". I had no idea what it was until I filled in practically all the letters with the other clues. The answer was "dwarfs"! The very fact that that pissed me off inicates LotR obsessed-ness. ;D
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Closed Thread