Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I miss Sis and Sane~! *throws a tantrum and wails*
I was gone.

Back, now, though. *puppyeyes*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #582
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
I had to cancel my going to my friend's birthday party
Don't feel well enough to go. Stupid illness!
Mari is sick?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 01-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #583
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
I was gone.

Back, now, though. *puppyeyes*
'sokay. All forgotten.
Snuggle? *tackles Sis*

Oh, and pretsy flowers too! Yay!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 01-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #584
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I'm glad to see you're feeling better.

Again, it's been a while since my last visit, not that it really matters to anyone but...yeah it has been some matter of days...

An RPG on my site has taken a turn for the worst. Two people led around by a manipulative bastard of a jerk had the kahunas to defy the "Administrative Rules are Final" rule, yet again another violation of that. I swear there's more of those violations than there are spammers joining the forums...

Though 'tis the Internet, it does reflect most horribly on what humanity is capable of.

You try to explain things the way they are - as direct as you possibly can - and the message still dies in mid-flight, as if the bastards never read the bloody freaking post...and it's so similar to how some people in real life communicate too.

Amy and I were at a Subway today, and we had to wait to get our sandwiches made, and some old jackass tries bumping me out of the way to get to the front of the line...before our sandwiches are even finished. It's like, "hey DUDE, it's not us holding you up, it's the people who were in front of us plus the fact that Subway's so bloody under-staffed it's a frigin nightmare!"

HACKA!!! For those of you who know forms of Elvish, that is not a good word...given I don't know much of it myself but well, yeah. What...ever!

So I'm completely disappointed in [almost] everything. It's times like this I wish Morgoth or Sauron would come and put the fear of God in some people. I would almost be a full supporter...but I speak out of anger and toil.

And the nerve of some people...one of those people who were...ahem...removed from the site...had the nuts to ask "can you keep the RPG open so that we can get the posts and move them to another host because I don't want to type all that s**t again?"

Well...you can imagine my response, as the RPG was founded there by a member those same people drove out of the RPG. My response was "I believe I speak for the rest of the staff when I say...to hell with your request."

I am usually an easy-going person, but this has brought my p*ss to a boil.

I just don't know what is coming down with people lately, and I want to find a way to bring a team together to stop this utter arrogance and ignorance, even if it means some form of destruction. Again, that's out of a lot of anger, but still...

A good day in one way - that these people are gone - but in another way a bad day.

I got a prank call today too...calling the cops on that because its the second time.

I tell you, some people really want me to die. And you know, by tomorrow,, I'm probably going to...do it...die.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #585
Mari
Elf Lady

US mail sucks! I sent several cards for Christmas this year and most haven't arrived yet (which in some cases isn't that odd since I posted them kinda late ) and now I got one for Acally back!
I used the same address as before and those DID arrive! What kind of nonsense is this?!?
I am officially NOT impressed by the US postal services. So there. >_<

Old 01-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #586
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

There is not much good to be found in anything in the US. The one good thing that exists in the current United States is the natural beauty of some areas, but that's not to say other nations don't have that as well. In fact, most countries are a whole hell of a lot better in natural beauty of the landscape. So when it comes right down to it, the US isn't all that's it's pounded out to be.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #587
Mari
Elf Lady

Haha, no country is that.
It is the people living there that makes a place worthwhile. Which can make a pretty or even desolate place into "home".

Old 01-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #588
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
There is not much good to be found in anything in the US. The one good thing that exists in the current United States is the natural beauty of some areas, but that's not to say other nations don't have that as well. In fact, most countries are a whole hell of a lot better in natural beauty of the landscape. So when it comes right down to it, the US isn't all that's it's pounded out to be.
Quote:
It is the people living there that makes a place worthwhile. Which can make a pretty or even desolate place into "home".
I agree, Mari. People generally make their own hell, wherever they are.

Ingwe, you seldom sound happy.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 01-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #589
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Aye, such as it is, things in the surrounding world may be hard, but here they aren't so bad. I concern myself with the outside world perhaps a little too much, mainly because the world is so very small to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
I agree, Mari. People generally make their own hell, wherever they are.

Ingwe, you seldom sound happy.
I'm just trying to change the surface of this world. Perhaps I think America could take somewhat of an example from other nations. America just needs some humility, and the ability to better itself as a whole, and it disappoints me that I see very little evidence of that in the government, corporations, and most of the friendships in the nation that end in betrayal. Life is unfathomably-short for humans. One would think things would not be as they are, yet they are. I feel better times are ahead, but I'm not sure when that will happen.

America is much like the First Age - both Elves and Humans fighting amongst themselves and each other, having not yet learned the lessons that carried them all to victory centuries later. For wisdom usually comes through lessons learned from foolishness. But I don't see people learning from their mistakes. Drug use runs rampant more than ever. I don't even think Morgoth would approve. lol

I'm happy in certain ways, just not happy with what has become of what America calls "right and wrong".

From all I've seen so far, it would be as Gandalf said it..."all has turned to vane ambition."

Basically, here's how it goes...we say we're going to go into Afghanistan and stop terrorism at its very roots; however we soon abandon that mission and send most of our resources into Iraq for little valid justification. I am glad that the Iraqi people aren't suffering so badly as they were, but I can't help but to think that in some ways it's worse. The government doesn't ever seem focused on what goals it sets.

I love America. I love humanity. I love my people. But I hate how some governments are run. I know America can do better than that. Anyone can.

Well, we have a new president coming along soon, not that one man can make that much of a difference. But I feel that the economy will be back to normal by 2010 or 2011. At least those are the predictions. If the government, corporations, and the people themselves remain focused, there's no reason why that can't happen.

So yes, I'm unhappy about a lot of small things, but I'm happy about a few big things. Overall, I come out ok in the end.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #590
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Are you acting locally, as well as thinking globally?

See, it's been my experience that most people are trying for a better world. That includes most people in government. Without dragging Morgoth back into it, you can start by creating a better world in your own corner.

I don't know what you consider "the economy back to normal." Myself, I'd like the economy to be in a different place, but we'll see.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #591
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

The world is well enough in my own corner, though lately I feel people are thinking I'm of the most absolute evil. I doubt that I'm the Third Dark Lord.

The economy back to normal means what it was back several years ago without the massive crashes in the stock market. A lot of the people I know around here have lost their jobs. That's what I mainly don't like. But hey, I'm wrong about almost everything.

Last edited by Ingwe : 01-14-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #592
Mari
Elf Lady

Een betere wereld begint bij jezelf.
This translates loosely as "A better world starts with your own actions".

Watch the film 'Pay it forward'. Or better yet, read the book.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #593
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Somehow, everyone thinks I'm referring to my life when I say everything's gone wrong. My life is well enough as it is. It's not perfect or absolutely ideal, but it's well enough for my own means. But those are nice words to remember if I were to encounter someone who is living life like it's useless.

Almost everyone I know criticizes America and what it stands for. Where once seven years ago we were proud of our country, we lose faith. In a way, I've been brought into this mindset of cynicism and such.

But I do see what you're saying to some point. Focusing on the positive is the best thing we can do. It's quite difficult to see it that way sometimes. And perhaps I should stop watching the evening news altogether, or looking at anything remotely dealing with the news. If anything, that's where my trouble comes from. I'll admit it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #594
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

"They" do say it's a bad idea to watch the evening news all the time. It's unhealthy. The thing to remember about the evening news is: Bad news sells. Good news does not. In other words, you are highly unlikely to hear about anything good happening, even when it does happen. You've got to find some other sources for good news--heck, create some good news (I mean, like, bake some cookies for your coworkers or give your significant other some flowers, and just watch someone SMILE for cryin' out loud), listen to some (happy) music you like, eat some food you love (that doesn't stress you out due to fat/etc. content).....
I listen to NPR in the morning, and some of their programs bug me to death. So I shut them off and listen to something I like instead of getting stressed out by what I can't stand.
Like you said, one person isn't likely to change the whole world (statistically speaking, of course). So instead of trying to fix all the issues you watch on TV by fretting about them, try to fix a little problem in your own sphere of influence.

DICLAIMER: I'm usually not the kind of person to post 'feel better' replies in the Venting Thread. So forgive what may be callous words and unfeeling sentiment. It's not intended. But I do hope you feel better.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #595
Mari
Elf Lady

Haha, well, is it strange we think you are referring to your own life when you say everything's wrong and say stuff like people around you want you dead?

I don't think the pride is gone though. Everyone is simply busy with other things at the moment. Like rediscovering a steady base in their lives after they've been laid off or lost their house or losing a relative in the war. When things look up again, people will have more time for expressing their pride. Give it time.

For 4 years I did not watch or read the news (no TV). I watch it with my parents now, but I cannot say I think I gained a lot from it. It is a decision one could make.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #596
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Well the whole "everyone wishes I was dead" thing is not only a generalization I made, but a paranoid one. Amy's been my therapist for this problem for some time now. She's sort of like Fëanor's wife Nerdanel. She is the wise one who isn't so hasty to deal out judgment, and I'm the one who vows to recover the Silmarils or else everyone goes poof! Amy keeps me in line while I try to make her stand up for herself. We have much in common except my haste and her patience.

The whole "everyone wishes I was dead" thing also came from stuff that happened several days ago on my stupid website. 10 people had to be removed for insolence and generally crucifying every action someone made, betraying people, and utterly giving into madness instead of finding anything reasonable to say or do. After that was a great "Purge" where 60% of the membership was eliminated either for being no-posters for over 6 months, or for having gone inactive, or just being suspicious. I find it unfortunate to mention that I was one of the executors of the "Purge".

That all happened after a one-month stalemate (basically like what happens in Congress). It was decided that it had to end somehow, and the best time was when people started attacking each other instead of attacking ideas. It was probably one of the worst, and best, things that ever happened there. It defined what would be a better future, and in just a period of a few days, things have drastically improved. And so, I prize myself on my haste sometimes. Sometimes you just have to "do it" without asking anymore questions of the stars and philosophizing about it. There come times when even talking it out no longer works anymore. An enemy is that kind of person that no matter what the discussion is, they will always seek to make sure that talking it out becomes a literal impossibility. Amy even appreciated my haste, and that was probably a first for her.

I think that this is the one place that I don't have nor ever did I have any enemies.

All that can be said is that I make mountains out of small little mole hills and make DNA out of protons, neutrons and electrons.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #597
Mari
Elf Lady

Well, the latter sounds good. Can you make me a teleporter while you're at it?
Or if that's too difficult, I would like a puppy. Or a kitty.

Having to make decisions sucks, but sometimes it has to be done. I know. Glad it seems to be working for the better on your site though!

Old 01-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #598
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Yea, it was an issue that was months in the making. It could have been dealt with much sooner, but it wasn't. Everyone wanted to keep the peace, but after a while, peace could only be taken with the sword. I feel kinda bad that it couldn't be handled diplomatically, but it's handled either way. And it's also the internet, so it wasn't a giant big deal.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #599
Mari
Elf Lady

I found this image and thought it fitted the earlier topic, so I decided to post it.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #600
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

I drove my car off the road and into a snow-bank this morning. It was really stupid, too. Put me an hour and half late for work.. *sigh* I just want to go back home and hide from the world.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Closed Thread