Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:41 AM   #581
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
Well, and this one will bring those heathen Jews back into the fold, so THAT'S all to the good.
Silly sis, Jews aren't heathens. A heathen is by definition one who is not a Jew, Christian, or Muslim (or atheist/agnostic).

Also, Blessed Pope John Paul XXIII removed the offensive terms that were in the liturgy, at the Good Friday liturgy, so that now we only pray for Jews the way we pray for heretics and schismatics.

Don't pay any attention to the secular media on these issues; they just ignore the Church until something comes up, and then stupidly think themselves informed enough to tell other people about that. The most inane, inaccurate, and outright false things about the Church stream from them. I don't think they are malicious or anything, they are just absolutely ignorant.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 07-09-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:47 AM   #582
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

So, speakin' of HAPPY THINGS.... >.>

I totally did awwwwwwwsuuuum at choir tonight .
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #583
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I tend to favour the view that the Mass should bring us to God, not bring God to us, but to each his own.
Jesus was fond of the latter method ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #584
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Last I checked, I wasn't God.

But, ONTOPIC: I will be spending a week in Phoenix with my family at the end of the month. Huzzah! This makes me happy, although I'm sure it will be beastly hot. You can wave at us anytime from the 20th to the 30th, Ri.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 07-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #585
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*gets her waving hand ready*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #586
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Week 5 of cardio...

Week 1 of weights...

*falls down dead'ed*

But I've made it! ^_^ Even if I am only doing 1/4th of the weight program right now... I'm trying to go slowly so that I don't end up being super mega sore/totally wiped, and unable to do all of the other things I need to do like voice/piano/school/homework/etc.

So I'm a wimp... but give me a few weeks and I'll be an on-the-actual-full-program wimp. Yay me!

Also: Whey protein is NASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTY!!!!!!!!! OMG. It's like drinking nasty. REALLY. It's nasty. It's not so much the instant taste, as the after-taste.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #587
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Also: Whey protein is NASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTY!!!!!!!!! OMG. It's like drinking nasty. REALLY. It's nasty. It's not so much the instant taste, as the after-taste.
Why are we drinking whey? Are you on the verge of kwashikor, or something?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 07-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #588
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

It's because I'm scrawny like a person who is very scrawny and could, possibly, be compared to a small kitten for strength-concerned matters. Plus when I'm gone at school, it's supposed to be a substitute for being able to bring something to eat after working out at school.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #589
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Got rid of some hair tonight.. Finally.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #590
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
It's because I'm scrawny like a person who is very scrawny and could, possibly, be compared to a small kitten for strength-concerned matters. Plus when I'm gone at school, it's supposed to be a substitute for being able to bring something to eat after working out at school.
Not going to bulk up on whey, Dude. Have you rejected solids?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 07-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #591
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yes. I now live a life of liquid, reveling in its free-rolling attitude, and care-free demeanor.

Supposedly taking whey helps rebuild muscles, and gives you more energy for working out or something like that. Everyone I've ever talked to about weight lifting suggested that I take it, and the specific weight lifting program that I'm on suggests it.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #592
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Yes. I now live a life of liquid, reveling in its free-rolling attitude, and care-free demeanor.

Supposedly taking whey helps rebuild muscles, and gives you more energy for working out or something like that. Everyone I've ever talked to about weight lifting suggested that I take it, and the specific weight lifting program that I'm on suggests it.
Weider. @@
Well, try your luck with it.

Just FTR, the protein in your body, like protein everywhere, is constructed of chains of certain amino acids. The ones which the body cannot, or can, but in limited supply, create on their own are called "essential" amino acids. Humans have different ones of these than cats, for example.

What most people think of as "muscles", like those lumpy things on one's arms and calves, are constructed by the body from these amino acid chains. They grow in response to the demand placed on them by activity (such as weight lifting.) Straining the existing muscles causes minute tears in them, which the body repairs with slightly larger and stronger fibers. How massive those are depends partly on your personal biochemistry, amount of testosterone, etc. The repairs are only made at night,(when the body makes repairs on muscles that aren't in use) so time off from lifting and sufficient rest is essential.

The major components of food (macronutrients)other than protein are fats and carbohydrates. Although all three things (protein, fats and carbohydrates) can be burned as fuel, carbohydrates are the favored fuel, (being easier to burn) with fats being used as storage in the body. Protein and carbohydrates each have a caloric value of 4 per gram while fat has 9 calories per gram.

There are other things in food, such as vitamins, minerals, and fiber, all necessary to proper metabolism and growth.

If you eat a nutritious diet (which most students or people in the US do not), composed of breakfast and small meals throughout the day you should have sufficient energy for the exertion of weight-lifting. Be sure to drink lots of water (not concealed in latte) and rotate the muscle groups you're working so that they have time to rest. Your "cardio" or aerobic activity is only working when you have enough breath to talk. The actual muscle building only occurs when you have gently strained the muscles to the point they need small repair.

Have fun. Being in good shape rocks.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 07-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #593
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I am happy because my kitty is happy. She is preventing me from going to work by being fuzzy and cute on my lap.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #594
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Hot weather and inflatable water slide.

Sweet.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 07-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #595
Mari
Elf Lady

Today is the last performance of my ♪chorus♪ with me as leader and with me in it.
Or perhaps I should put this a sad thread... ♪
But I'm really ♪ looking forward to it, so I guess it's also kinda happy ☆

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 07-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #596
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm happy because my sister invited her (sort-of-but-not-really-yet-although-we-all-suspect-and-he-really-likes-her-and-she-really-likes-him-like-OMG!) boyfriend over tonight. He's a fun guy . Mind you, there will probably be a lot of me, "having things to do," so that I don't turn into the third wheel. Hopefully my dad will catch the hint, too .

Now I have to go clean the house. *mutters darkly*

"On the internet they obey me. Why do I have to clean?"
Old 07-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #597
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I am happy because I get to listen to my boy ramble on incessantly at his video game and the sound is wonderful.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:19 AM   #598
Mari
Elf Lady

I am eating sweet, fresh, delicious pineapple (ananas in Dutch: sounds much cuter ) and the typhoon went away leaving a nice sunny day behind.
Perhaps I can now finally get that tan I've been working on since last year.

And if I could forget about my presentation tomorrow I would now be in spheres of happiness previously unknown.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 07-15-2007 at 02:21 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #599
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Happy Birthday Curubethion!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #600
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Yay! The weekend is over and today is my day off! I spent most of it sleeping.

Wednesday I get off too! Then it's back to work till next Monday.
Closed Thread