Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #581
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

No, I haven't been off campus since I came back from thanksgiving break. And malls are on my list of places to avoid during the holidays anyway. What sort of problems? Is Santa leering at people when they shop there or something?
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 12-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #582
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It seems they set up the "visit Santa Claus" pavillion, opposite the Victoria Secrets store and mothers complained of the scantily clad manequins and such in the window being visible to their delicate childrens minds. (Keep in mind these are the same people who take their kids to the mall every single week all year long and the V.S. store hasn't moved nor changed it's type of display) . VVM wound up putting a high curtain between the store and the S.C. experience. I can't see why they just didn't move the S.C. display, that mall sure has the room. Now, I gotta plan a trip there to see what it's all about

meanwhile, did Lotesse leave any special coffee for me; we keep missing each other.

Last edited by Spock : 12-10-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #583
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, I've brewed a pot of Jamaican Blue mountain, and the New York cheesecake is over there *points to table* with fresh strawberry puree to drizzle over it.

I'm so confused about what's happening to my RPG the last few days; it's trippy. All of a sudden, there was contention among the ranks, and now the fogal are totally dominating - two posters in particular, like the whole story is primarily - or JUST - about their own characters. It's weird, I don't like it. *sips coffee* And it's confusing, to say the least, 'cause our "leader" of evil whom I respect so much has gone a bit odd, too, and I don't know why... I miss the old days of the game, when we all got along fine and the writing was balanced. There's this one writer in there (and to be polite, I won't say whom ) who just writes SO FREAKIN' MUCH, the whole story's all about them & their characters, and to read the RPG you have to read ALL of these long posts just to get through it, and it's just so incredibly unbalanced, and everyone's FEELINGS are always being hurt, and there's NO poetic freedom or whatever, no wriggle room to write in.

It's bummin', I want my old RPG back. Where my homies at? Crazy Squirrel, Gordis, TD, Shah, Butterbeer, Grey Wolf - you all, let's do Fellowship again for a while, or something. Meh.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #584
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*snerk* That's funny about the mall.

Lotesse, I'm sure it'll balance out eventually, that particular rpg seems to work like a teeter-totter, right now it just happens to be down. Just be polite in the discussion, keep writing normally and in a few days it'll be up again.

I could use some tea right now. I'm almost finished putting together one of my portfolios (the biggest one) and I've been on and off the phone with my parents all day, trying to get my flight changed. We did and now I'll be home by Tuesday night, instead of having to wait till friday. Exceedingly happy, even if it does mean I have to finish portfolios and exams earlier.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 12-10-2005, 06:01 PM   #585
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Ents. But that plant *indicates to potted Ficus that trolls' bane fed hot apple cider to* is NOT an Ent. I like your comeback, though! Slick, ain't cha!
Well, I did make the Kessel run in under twelve parsecs.
Great, I've been gone and we're still with this "gnitsop sdrawkcab."
Old 12-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #586
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Well, I did make the Kessel run in under twelve parsecs.
Great, I've been gone and we're still with this "gnitsop sdrawkcab."
What exactly is the Kessel run? I've always wondered.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #587
Ainulindalë
Sapling

What's in a name?

Oh what a lovely place. Some tea with scones please. I love to drink ceylon and chrysantemum tea and with some nice warm scones. Who has seen snow yet? Where I live it's cold, freezing and very foggy. Sometimes it muzzles or dribbles.
We still remember, we who dwell
In this far land beneath the trees,
Thy starlight on the Western Seas.

~~~~~

I am new and fresh, I am a song that stays on everybody's lips, that keeps on lingering in your mind and one that shapes the world.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #588
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Welcome, Ainulindale! did I spell that right? I never can get that word without having to "sound it out" real slowly, after all this time, too. You need a cute nickname! So, chrysanthemum & ceylon tea - wow, exotic. Of corse we have it in stock; every drink & food known to man or elf, hobbit or Nazgul, dwarf or star wars odd character is stocked somewhere in the colossal Teacup Cafe. I once ate a chrysanthemum and it stung my mouth something awful, it's strange that all of a sudden they're the exotic edible du jour. They're showing up in teas, on cakes, in salads...

Thanx 4 the advice, Lady M! It IS a teeter-totter over there. Guess I'll just be patient. It just feels so restricted lately, like the past few weeks it seems like fewer and fewer things are able to be done writing wise, and if it keeps up at this rate there's just gonna be NO room at all left for artistic license or whatever. Ah, well, we shall see...

Shah - you around this evening? Little Claire's been asking - no, barking after you. And I'm missing my unruly Dragazzo; when does he & Obnavat get back from that mission?

Old 12-10-2005, 09:11 PM   #589
Pytt

Greetings Ainulindalë! Good to see you find your way trough the mazes of the moot and here. Maybe jus Yest Ainu is enough of a nickname? Have anyone else being called that?

What mission are those two weirdocreatures on at the moment, Lotesse? Yes, I'm talking about obnavat and that dragon of yours.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #590
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I don't really know; you'd have to ask their auntie Shah. All I know is that it was an opportunity to keep Dragazzo off the chronic and out of my hair for a few days, and get some quality growing-up, manhood-making battle experience in with his responsible brother.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #591
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

You know, I think Aunulindalë would be a good name for a little girl. No worse than many names that are hard for kids to learn, whether they're made up or just from a faraway country. She could go by Linda -- it's right in there.

Segovia Mazes
Old 12-10-2005, 09:46 PM   #592
Pytt

Quote:
I don't really know; you'd have to ask their auntie Shah. All I know is that it was an opportunity to keep Dragazzo off the chronic and out of my hair for a few days, and get some quality growing-up, manhood-making battle experience in with his responsible brother.
Okay, I guess that just what those two needs.
I'm going off to bed now. Ciao. or, Buenas Noches.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:48 PM   #593
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Indeed, it WOULD be a real pretty little girls name, but it's tricky to learn how to spell & npronounce right at first. Even you got it wrong, Elanor! Lindy would be a sweet nickname. I like Lindy! I like it when people call me Lotsy for short. I love nicknames.

You guys want a cookie? Brought some Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies 4 everyone...

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-10-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:57 PM   #594
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Oops, you're right. Typo. I really am a good speller! And proud of it...
But most teachers allow kids with difficult names to use a nickname in all but official documents. At least at my elementary school they did. My dad wanted to name one of my brothers Zaphnath-paaneah, but my mom talked him out of it. He always jokes that he could have gone by Zaph.

Segovia Mazes
Old 12-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #595
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Those cookies look good. Are those bits of candy cane in them? We always make Christmas brownies with chocolate frosting and sprinkle crushed candy cane on top. Yum!

Segovia Mazes
Old 12-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #596
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yeah, these particular ones have bits of candy cane in them.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:14 PM   #597
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Zaphnath- Paaneah????? Wow. Thank God 4 mothers!

Here's some Dilbert "Dear Dogbert" letters that I thought were pretty funny, yes I'm that bored right now

Dear Dogbert,

Do you just randomly create questions and names so you can make jokes that you wouldn't normally have the opportunity to use?

Zach

Dear Placque,

Do I come to your workplace and accuse you of sweeping up French fries that aren't really there?

Sincerely,

Dogbert

==

Dear Dogbert,

I think Scott Adams bares a striking resemblance to actor Ed Harris. How would I go about either killing one of them or fusing them together so that only one person in this world would look like that?

Sammy

Dear Spammy,

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've been asked that question.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:16 PM   #598
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
You guys want a cookie? Brought some Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies 4 everyone...[/IMG]
(Sighs) They look lovely. I always was fond of that kind . . . though not raisin cookies. "Give me chocolate, or give me death" . . . as one of our famous revolutionaries said.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 12-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #599
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

"Just give me the chocolate, and no one will get hurt..."

I like that t-shirt!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-11-2005, 01:25 AM   #600
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
What exactly is the Kessel run? I've always wondered.
Well, first of all, the Star Wars Galaxy is a class III civilization (which means that the power and resource output for an entire galaxy is used. Someone came up with some chart a long time ago that gave number ratings to various technological levels of a civilization. Earth is a 0.7, meaning that it doesn't even use all the resources of a single planet.). Okay, that has little to do with it, but if you know the definition, then you'd see how it fits in.

Anyway, the Kessel run is a hyperspace route that goes to the planet Kessel, which is shaped vaguely like a potato, while it's former (yes, former) moon is perfectly round, and is the location of the largest glitterstim spice mining operation. Quite nearby, however, is a large cluster of black holes known as the Maw, that is impossible to navigate at realspace speeds, and virtually impassible at modest hyperspace speeds. Because of this cluster, most hyperspace routes to Kessel have a detour.
In A New Hope, Han Solo brags that his ship is fast, and that his making the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs proves it. Remember that a parsec isn't a unit of time but a unit of distance, approximately 3.3 light years. The only way to cut this distance would be to go through the Maw. In Star Wars, "lightspeed" is actually several million times the speed of light, so Han's .5 hyperdrive could (barely is to be inferred) get through the Maw, and to Kessel.
Closed Thread