Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #581
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Found out where the rest of the 200 liters went: the basement. Fne! At least there is no carpet there...
Old 01-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #582
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Went home (to my flat) today.. I almost stayed there (at my family's place) for a few more days, but I decided I needed to be selfish.
My mum is having a really hard time, it's tough watching her. She's really depressed and last night she got a quite bad ache in her stomach.. Dad is hiking in Lapland, so now she's home alone with my brother. It has gotten better today, but she's so tired.. And so sad. She liked it when I was there, but it has been pretty tough for me too. My body has gotten weaker during my time there.. I hope she and my brother have gotten a bit stronger.
I would also have stayed for my brother. That would've been nice.. But now I'm here, at home, and I hope I made the right decision to come back home. I was there for almost two weeks..

*sigh*

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-10-2006, 05:38 AM   #583
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That sucks about the aquarium Eärniel. At least, if you made a resolution to get more excercise, you started off really well! What's Fne? Is that a Flemmish swear-word?

Nerdanel, I'm glad you took some time to rest for yourself too. You can't help your mom if you wear yourself down. You deserve a rest. I hope your mom feels better and she's getting the help she needs. It sounds like your family is very supportive. *hugs*

My vent: Why did I sell my Elementary Statistics textbooks? Whyyyy? I've taken two stats courses, and after the second I thought I'd never take another one again. So I (apparently because I can't find it) SOLD IT. Now I'm taking another stats course, and I've forgotten my basics, so I need Elementary Statistics! Why did I sell it, it was such an awesome textbook. I'll see if I can borrow it from the library.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-10-2006, 06:54 AM   #584
Nerdanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
That sucks about the aquarium Eärniel. At least, if you made a resolution to get more excercise, you started off really well! What's Fne? Is that a Flemmish swear-word?

Nerdanel, I'm glad you took some time to rest for yourself too. You can't help your mom if you wear yourself down. You deserve a rest. I hope your mom feels better and she's getting the help she needs. It sounds like your family is very supportive. *hugs*

My vent: Why did I sell my Elementary Statistics textbooks? Whyyyy? I've taken two stats courses, and after the second I thought I'd never take another one again. So I (apparently because I can't find it) SOLD IT. Now I'm taking another stats course, and I've forgotten my basics, so I need Elementary Statistics! Why did I sell it, it was such an awesome textbook. I'll see if I can borrow it from the library.
i hope you find one to borrow.. i'm the opposite, i never sell anything until i am absolutely sure that i won't ever need it again. which is not a better way, because it means that eventually, i won't get into my flat.. o.O

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #585
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

got back from tiring 4-hour field trip with 4th graders, looking forward to a bit of Moot time, and it's darn slow here! And I only have half an hour now!

(pretty weak vent, but hey...)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #586
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel

You know what they say about college books Nurv, you have them when you don't need 'em, and you sell them when you're going to need them.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 01-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #587
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

ah, blast! I just ruined my email settings

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #588
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Ugh, bad combo of diarrhoea, and cystitis. How's that for TMI.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #589
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Vent: Whew . . . Cutting onions. (Wipes eyes again)
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 01-14-2006, 12:00 AM   #590
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Man, you guys are depressing. Onions, diarrhea, cystitis, e-mail glitches... All I have to vent about tonight is being sleepy and having to wait for my flight to board, but other than that, I'm doing swell next to you guys with the onions & diarrhea!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 01-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #591
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Nevermind the diarrhoea, the cystitis was givin' me more grief. Doxy's given me some magic pills now though, so I don't suppose it's much of a vent anymore.
vent: how do you tell your mother that you don't even like her, much less respect her enough to develop a relationship with? I'm sick of her 'breakdowns', I wish the slapper would just leave me the **** alone.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:53 AM   #592
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Man, you guys are depressing. Onions, diarrhea, cystitis, e-mail glitches... All I have to vent about tonight is being sleepy and having to wait for my flight to board, but other than that, I'm doing swell next to you guys with the onions & diarrhea!
Anti-Vent: The onion cutting, though miserable, was very well worth the pizza that resulted .

I'm sorry, BeardofPants, about the cystitis issue . That's got to be horrible.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 01-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #593
Mercutio

The dog I pet-sit died . He wasn't even two years old -- they got him as a puppy from the animal shelter; didn't know he had this strange disease. The poor guy was at a kennel over the holdiay. He was fine Christmas Eve day, really really sick overnight (throwing up, dehydrated, etc.), and died early Christmas morning. I'm so relieved I wasn't watching him when it happened. I just couldn't deal with a dog that sick and/or finding him.

What a sad Christmas for the family

It makes me appreciate my own dog more; he may be annoying and irritating sometimes (like trying to put ear drops in his ear to heal the infection right now.....), but at least he is a living, breathing creature.

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #594
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
vent: how do you tell your mother that you don't even like her, much less respect her enough to develop a relationship with? I'm sick of her 'breakdowns', I wish the slapper would just leave me the **** alone.
I've been there with my mom, and still there with my dad except he's quite different. Avoid. Then there will be longer intervals between each time she breaks down on you and this'll be more tolerable in moderation. Eventually they might not even trigger outbursts from you, and you could pretend to care instead, and she'll feel better, and the events will become even less frequent. After a while communication between the two of you may move on past all that it is now.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #595
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That sucks about the sick puppy dying, Mercutio. I would be so distraught, to see the little dog die.

My vent today: *scratches head, looks at ceiling; thinksthinks* No, I guess I don't have any vents today. Life's still good.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 01-15-2006, 02:34 AM   #596
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Bomb, I'd like to hope that I could move out of this rut that she keeps trying to draw me back into, but it's been 10 years since I moved out of home, and her tune hasn't changed since then. I've tried humouring her, I've tried ignoring her, she still plays the same ****ing tune over and over, and I'm tired of it, I'm tired of her, and most of all, I'm tired of her god damned games. Thank you for your sympathy though, it's nice to know that you know what I'm talkin' about.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #597
katya
Elven Maiden

Hm, sounds kind of like the same as with my mom. I`m trying to be nice, really, but I honestly don`t think she`s gonna change either. Good luck anyway- I hope things work out.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #598
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Katya, but now you have an option of moving to Japan permanently.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #599
Nerdanel

i'm so frustrated with my parents that i can't sleep. i'm amazed how childish, stupid and plain rash parents can be. i accepted that the image of them as "the worlds best parents" was wrong a long time ago, but at least they could act like adults and parents. f*ck it, if people choose to have kids, put them first. unfortunately one can't choose wether to be born or not. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! i'm so frustrated, mad, disappointed and angry..

it's 2.30 am and i'm going to the gym. i need to break something.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 01-17-2006, 11:20 PM   #600
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Bomb, I'd like to hope that I could move out of this rut that she keeps trying to draw me back into, but it's been 10 years since I moved out of home, and her tune hasn't changed since then. I've tried humouring her, I've tried ignoring her, she still plays the same ****ing tune over and over, and I'm tired of it, I'm tired of her, and most of all, I'm tired of her god damned games. Thank you for your sympathy though, it's nice to know that you know what I'm talkin' about.
Oh, damn. I can't imagine ten years of that.