Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:31 AM   #581
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I've now edited my post. Lotesse I've used Viv's dialouge from your post, but changed Khamûl's. Could you possibly edit your post so it fit's with that?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #582
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hahahaha! I fell over laughing at the whole sword handle thing! That was good...Okay...How much longer will this dinner thing last? Its gone on for a bout 2 weeks now.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:13 PM   #583
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
So you supposed the Chancellor decided to pass a big grail of the Love potion Number Nine around the table, for all to partake?

It could have been a really funny joke, exactly in the Morgul Lord's character, but hardly suitable for PG13 forum, helas!

I imagine morning issues of Tharbad gazette: "The Formal Reception At The University Has Turned Into An Orgy"

But I still hope it will give you nice erotic dreams featuring Aiwendis and Earniel this night.
It's not even time for spring break yet, and they're already going wild. Looking at the table arrangement, Udu's only hope would be that the cup had been drained before it got to Miriel.

Aiwendis, careful that you don't start making "Love Potion Number 9" in quanities large enough to serve to the whole faculty.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 10-18-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #584
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
It's not even time for spring break yet, and they're already going wild. Looking at the table arrangement, Udu's only hope would be that the cup had been drained before it got to Miriel.

Aiwendis, careful that you don't start making "Love Potion Number 9" in quanities large enough to serve to the whole faculty.
Unfortunately, Udu, the herbs needed for the potion are rare, found only in Far Harad and South Khand.

Actually, I see it as a potion of an ONLY TRUE ROMANTIC LOVE, directed specifically to Aiwendis by addition of some drops of her blood, not as some vulgar aphrodisiac.

But the first effect is unpredictable...

I shall have to change the last post in accordance, I was led astray by Val's funny joke!

Last edited by Gordis : 10-18-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:44 PM   #585
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Hahahaha! I fell over laughing at the whole sword handle thing! That was good...Okay...How much longer will this dinner thing last? Its gone on for a bout 2 weeks now.
All the important things planned fr the Reception are already come to be. So we can quickly eat in peace, dance a bit and be off.

Shah, Could you post something for Marty and Ray?

TO ALL Don't forget to mention in your posts that the dinner is served already. Servants brought dishes, we are eating. Anyone willing to dance, feel free to do it!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #586
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Great posts, Val! Nice how you had the differing customs of how much to drink. And the sword thing - (but no one apparently noticed my Earendil's jewels joke...)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:55 PM   #587
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Oh yes, I did, Rian . It was a good joke. The problem is that the game moves so fast, there is no time to congratulate the authors on their excellent posts.

Earniel , you were really nice to tell all this to the Chancellor to dispel much of the myths that surrounded Nîn-In-Eilph, but I am afraid he vas not a very attentive listener.
And I am curious, how exactly he disturbs you? I hope you are not falling in love with him?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #588
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh, I noticed the jewel joke, its just I had no room or occasion to post about it...I'll post for them, not sure what, since its been mostly chitter chatter. But post i will should i be inspired.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:26 PM   #589
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Rian, you gonna sign up for Commerce too? have a dance with old bumble later and suggest it ... he may be suprised having an lady in his class - he in not in any way mysoginistic, but he would think you would be the first ... though i am sure you can charm him! ... course he will be in for a suprise on that score anyway!

...er i missed the jewels joke .. what post was it on?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #590
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Please note, I have advanced the feast considerably, now you can eat, drink, look at the dancers, listen to musicians and finally dance!!
Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #591
Telcontar_Dunedain

Just one thing from your last post Gor. Isn't the Governer MM's father. In your post you them as two seperate people.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #592
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanks, TD, you are right. I will correct that.

Excellent post and a very good idea to frighten Udu.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #593
Telcontar_Dunedain

Thanks.
Brilliant post BB. I especially loved the mind reading line at the beginning. I mean, mind reading. Who do you think they are!

Old 10-18-2005, 05:53 PM   #594
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

thanks TD praise indeed coming from you: your writing has been top notch lately!

..er... who "who" were? sorry you lost me there!

best BB

*hope gor dosen't mind the pies too much* : it's a rich tapestry of odd traditions Tharbad university, you know!

can't wait for khamul and Udu to slug it out: poor chef! though maybe the steward will stand in as a new tradition ordered by Ilmenzor or Aiewndis?

hopefully the dancers will help get val into the groove!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #595
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Brilliant post indeed, BB. You have brought life and colour into this dull feast. Loved the history of the Uni...And Prof Jas is great as well.

Did Bumble notice the change of food and entertainment to more exotic with the arrival of the new Chancellor? Does he like spicy food?

And the dancers, oh those dancers. In his uhm...highly excited state, poor Val must have watched them spell-bound.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:08 PM   #596
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

oh yeah, (cheers btw: you have been right up there with TD, too ) .. yeah he loves spicy food, he thought the mix of exotic and best tharbad cuisine inspired.

well Serenoli , i have tried to give you a good starting point ... sorry i couldn't talk more to you in my post earlier i had to go ... was at work ... hope you do not mind anything in terms of character that i put for jas in interacting with Bumble ...if so just let me know, and i'll edit it for you.

Look forward to developing the relationship between Bumble and jas, Serenoli
Old 10-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #597
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Good posts from everyone... Val, I didnt think you'd be so naughty!
Butterbeer and Willow, so sweet of you to say 'hi' to my little Jas. Now I do have a starting point, but I might warn you, that I've never even tasted wine in my life... I know nothing of it, but I shall try... and if what I say seems silly, please do tell me, I'll edit it out. Its lovely to be here, and thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 10-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #598
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

TD - Great build-up of conflict between Khamul and Udu. I do not know which is more evil. It might be a toss-up.

Val - Great posts as usual, and the “love potion” gave me many laughs.

Gordis - "He will feel the full effect in a couple of hours, not earlier, I hope, it would be awkward if he started pawing Gordie at the reception".

Of course, the King will fall besmitten with only the most courtly, chivalrous, noble application of the word “love.” It will be much like Gimli’s love for Galadriel. He was rapturously happy with only one hair from her lovely head. Pristine love from afar that drives young swains to write idiotic poetry, sonnets composed in honor of their lady’s eyelashes. Ah yes, of course. Pure, idyllic love.

I keep seeing scenes from “Midsummer Night’s Dream.”

Earniel - Very nice post about the Reed-Elves. It is doubtful that Udu would ever care to pay them a visit.

Rian - Now that I have been on this forum a while and am learning my way around pretty well, I am getting quite caught up in your story. You are doing a fine job.

BB - It should be illegal that anyone could write as humorously as you do. I greatly enjoyed your post today. It gave me many a pleasant laugh.

Willow - Always good as usual. That elf is indomitable.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #599
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Nazgul Udu's Wine Sampling Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Good posts from everyone... Val, I didnt think you'd be so naughty!
Butterbeer and Willow, so sweet of you to say 'hi' to my little Jas. Now I do have a starting point, but I might warn you, that I've never even tasted wine in my life... I know nothing of it, but I shall try... and if what I say seems silly, please do tell me, I'll edit it out. Its lovely to be here, and thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome
Serenoli,

At least your characters will not have to worry about whiskey, since it was not developed until the 1500-1600’s in Scotland. For your benefit and to help you, I will now describe to you my sampling of Jacquin’s Apricot Flavored Brandy right now.

Upon the table sits a clear bottle filled with a tawny, golden liquid. I undo the cap off the top and pour a small glass of the beverage. First, I will determine the aroma of the brandy to see if it appeals to my wine connoisseur's taste.

*inhales*

Ahhh... a bit too fruity for my tastes. Far too much apricot. Perhaps it was the flavoring that is hampering the scent.

*lifts the glass to my lips, inhales the smell of it again, takes a small sip*

That oppressive apricot flavor is even stronger upon the tongue. Far too sweet to be acceptable. A good wine for women, perhaps, or children, but not for one who has been drinking as long as I. This particular brand might be suitable to pour over ice cream at children's parties, but not for any serious wine drinking. *looks around the room for recommendations from other wine fanciers and finishes the small glass* Who wants to waste things?

I trust this will help you, but on second thought, perhaps the brandy is not quite so sweet as I had thought. *reaches for the bottle again*

I will be delighted to help anyone at anytime. Just pick a brand and a flavor.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 10-18-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #600
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

A love interest for my lonely old elf? I like it. Ask her to dance why don't you?

Did you have a particular vintage in mind for us to guess or is it whoever makes up the best name first?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Closed Thread