Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #581
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis had finally tired of listening and, after admonishing Truor to stay human, moved closer into the center of the camp. Now she spoke softly,

"Many of us were not summoned to this quest by Gandalf, but joined it for Radagast's sake, or as Aerin and Ellysa, by chance and curiosity. For my own part, I came for friendship with Radagast. Gandalf I never met."
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #582
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

"I suppose our reasons for coming, aren't the most important," Barufiniel smiled. "As long as we work together for the goal we're aiming for, that's what matters. Have you been able to come any closer to solving the mystery of the Entwives through your search? I don't think Radagast gave us any details, he just told us how many to provide rafts for."

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen

Last edited by Varnafindë : 11-11-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #583
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin knew the answer to Baru's question but felt as though Haldis had earned the right to answer it more than she had. She looked over at Haldis to see if she was going to respond, and at her silence, answered Baru with as much information as she knew.

"We have some indication of which direction they went when they left the Brown Lands. The Company took a scenic detour through Dol Guldur, and there they found me, and also some very interesting documents which I couldn't read. Radagast could, however, and soon after that, we decided to leave the wretched place. Radagast found that an easier method was to go ahead of us and leave us markers to follow while he researched deeper into where exactly the Entwives went. Some days ago, a member of our group found a fallen Ent; it looked as though he'd gone in search of the Entwives and if that's true, then it means we're headed the right way, as far as I can tell." Aerin stopped and looked at Haldis and Ellysa, wondering if they had anything to add that she didn't know.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 11-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #584
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

"I do not read well," Haldis said, "But the documents guiding our way were found in the deeps of Dol Guldur, which does not bode well. Radagast mentioned also a Guardian set to keep the entwives hidden. He did not say what it might be.
I suspect that we are going into danger and I do hope Radagast rejoins us before we reach it. Did you speak to him when he passed this way?"

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #585
Midge
Faithful Gardener

At Haldis's question, Aerin sat up. She agreed with Haldis and hoped that Radagast would re-join them on their expedition soon. She realized with a start that a large portion of her hope to see him rested on the fact that he had the authority to send Magor away. With this idea in her mind, she silently berated herself for letting someone get so close that she cared whether or not he was sent away, all the while waiting for Baru's answer.

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #586
Varnafindë

A scenic detour through Dol Guldur? Barufiniel almost giggled. Aerin had already told her about how she had been lost and found there - not exactly a walk in the park.

An Ent in search of the Entwives, close to where they were now? And a Guardian to hide the Entwives? She would have much to ask Radagast's explanation about, when he returned or they caught up with him.

"No, I did not speak with him," she said. "I was not here when he passed by. And the latest messages have only come by messenger birds anyway - only the shortest codings possible. He will find it very interesting that an Ent has followed the same track as you. How sad that the Ent fell ..."

Old 11-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #587
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"Birchfoot, you would have called him..." came the deep and slow voice of Earthshaker from the shadows, just beyond the fire-light's glow. The Ent did not wish to come too close to the camp-fire and stood comfortably with his toes in the running river-water.

"Enting of Leafhand and Reedhair, whom he hoped to find again. Too soon he came this way, but far too late have we Ents looked for the Entwives. May the trees never thin around his grave."
Old 11-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #588
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"Ah, I see you haven't been introduced to our Ents yet," Branwyn said. "Barufiniel, meet Earthshaker and Blossomshade, representing both the Ents and Entwives in our colourful company."
Old 11-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #589
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Blossomshade had been watching the group with interest, noticing all the new, unknown people. When the Gondorian scholar stood up and introduced her, she started.

"Oh! It's a pleasure to meet you." She slightly bent, as though with the wind, for a bow. "I was listening to your conversation earlier. I'm glad to know you now, Barufiniel."

Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #590
Varnafindë

"I am most honored to make your acquaintance," Barufiniel said, greeting the Ents reverently. "This is the first time I've ever met any of your race. I was hoping that some of your people would join this quest. I look forward to getting to know you better as we travel further."

She was quite amazed. Gandalf's descriptions had been accurate enough - but they hadn't conveyed the feeling of ancient wisdom that followed these creatures. And an Entwife, too! So not every one of them had left, then. Barufiniel was happy - this fact sort of made it more possible that more of the Entwives might have survived as well.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #591
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quickleaf approached an elf standing over with the Ents, and by the looks of it was a first for her. The Lorien elf bowed deeply and presented himself.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #592
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami wondered around the camp. There was new people to talk to but they were busy talking to other people and she did not feel like interrupting conversations. So instead she picked a bowl of food up, said a quick hello to an elf she recognised, asked after family and friends and then set her self down with her friends around the fire. Content she sat eating her food, watching the others though a mess of hair that had fallen over her eyes.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #593
Mari
Elf Lady

"Nami!" Happy to see Nami sitting by the fire unoccupied, Ellysa excused herself to Aerin and joined Nami.
"Will you tell me a story again some time?" Ellysa smiled brightly.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 11-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #594
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami looked up, pushing her hair out of her eyes and smiled at her excited young friend.

"Oh my you are excited today Ellysa! Oh cause i will! What kind of story would you wish to heard?"
Old 11-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #595
Mari
Elf Lady

"Oh, whatever story you would like to share! It is all strange to me and I'd love to learn more. I missed you today. I've been riding with Carnehilion. I like his horse. She likes it when I brush her and she doesn't scare me that much anymore. Have you talked to Aelfwine today? Do you think she likes that man? I wonder where they got to know eachother..."
Happy to be able to talk to someone familiar who would actually talk back, Ellysa started chattering away, her eyes glistening with excitement.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #596
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"I am sure they are just friends, don't go playing match maker Ellysa, it will only get you into trouble! I am glad you like riding with Carnehilion and are not so scaried of horses now, maybe we can get you a horse of your own soon!"
Nami put her bowl down and rubbed at her neck as she begain to think. "I really dont know what i can tell you about...hmmm...Oh i know! Wait no i have told you that one! What about? Oh no thats far too embarrising! Oh i know! Did i ever tell you why i think squirrals are evil?"

A puzzled and misbelieving look crossed Ellysa face.

"No really squirrals are evil, they sit in their trees looking all good but really they are organised!" Ellysa looked a little worriedly at her friend.
"I'll explain! I was not that old really, being too young to help out with anything useful me and a few other children were set off to collect the nuts that had just come into season. It was a very nice evening, we had collected a good few baskets and i was just finishing filling mine, when i felt something hit my back. I throught it was one of the other children so i throw a nut at one of them, this started a bit of a nut war between us for a few minutes. When we finally stopped throwing our hard work at each other we begain picking up the nuts we had thrown. I bent down to pick up a nut at my foot when this squirral just jumped out of a bush, ran to the nut and picked it up. It just stood there for a few seconds, looking at me. Then i sure it winked and it throw the nut at me! I just stood there i did not really know what to do, i turned to see if the others had seen it. Then all of a sudden nuts came flying out of the bushs! Squirrals everywhere, throwing nuts! Evil laughing, yes im sure the little things were laughing at us, evil things! Squirrals came out of the bushs, it was like they were trying to circle us. Nuts bouncing off heads and bodys, squirrals going for our legs. We dropped the baskets and ran. When we got back we were asked where all the nuts where, we told our story. Of course the adults did not believe us. But none of us would go near them trees algain. It was like the squirrals were organised!"

Nami smiled at her friend, "You don't believe me do you?"
Old 11-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #597
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa laughed a warm laugh. "You have the best stories to tell, Nami!"
Inside she felt warm and content. She tried to stifle a yawn while she hoped Nami would talk some more.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #598
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis had listened as Nami told her story and as it ended bit the inside of her cheek to keep from bursting into laughter, "The squirrels of Mirkwood are hardly evil," she said when she once again had her amusment under control, "But I would not put organization past them. You never know with animals in a forest home to elves and wizards."

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #599
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"Oh Haldis you should have seen them! Evil, i say, evil!" Nami smiled and laughed, "Well maybe as children we may have exadrated it slightly! I'm life seems to be a comedy of errors!"
Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 PM   #600
Amael
Elven Warrior

A'mael responded to Magor, before Ingwionis could get the chance to speak as he had been concentrating on her more than anything.

"Hello Magor! My name is A'mael. I served the Lady Galadriel some time ago, both as her maid and in battle, sort of... How is it that you have come to be a part of our company? I'm sorry if that sounded rude, I'm just shy. I mean, I haven't gotten to hear your story yet. How do you do?"

Ingwionis turned his head back to A'mael and chuckled, then began to speak.

[Out of character: Ingwionis, it's your turn!]
Closed Thread