FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #581
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Oh, and you get this information from, ????, your last trip there?????
I haven't been there, and even if microbes may have excisted there, but I don't see the reason to get over-the-top excited about that.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #582
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
This NASA nonsense about there having been life on Mars doesn't mean a thing because there has never been LIFE on Mars in the context of tall bipedal humanoid such.
Even if this is true what does this matter? Yer saying if there are rats on mars its not a massively significant discovery?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 08-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #583
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
Even if this is true what does this matter? Yer saying if there are rats on mars its not a massively significant discovery?
It would be, wouln't it? Mammals on mars instead of just signs of pre-historic miniature lifeforms.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:50 PM   #584
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...rats on mars?

Next you'll tell me there's a singing, dancing Mouse with his own Theme Park.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:45 PM   #585
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
just signs of pre-historic miniature lifeforms.
Id say just this would be one of the most enormous discoveries of all time. It would mean for sure that we arent alone. And that life is not a one in a zillion freak occurance. If it also grew right next store...

EDIT: OR it would mean we are martians...

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 08-04-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #586
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Any discovery of life on any other planet, however small or seemingly insignificant the life may be, is Massive: it once and for all ENDS any speculation that we are singular and alone in the vastness of vastnesses that is space and time: and opens up our minds truly to the possibilites (and at least statistically) certain view of probabilities of what is out there, or has been or will be ...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #587
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Well, I suppose I guess so.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #588
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
EDIT: OR it would mean we are martians...
You haven't read "The Martian Chronicles"?

Last edited by Spock : 08-05-2005 at 03:34 PM. Reason: still asleep
Old 08-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #589
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
You haven't read "The Martial Chronicles"?
Martian you mean? Of course. Although I see that more as a commentary on issues contemporary to 1950's America (communism, civil rights, etc.) then a source of biological information about Martians.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:59 PM   #590
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Id say just this would be one of the most enormous discoveries of all time. It would mean for sure that we arent alone. And that life is not a one in a zillion freak occurance. If it also grew right next store...
I agree, it would be an absolutely fabulous discovery. It would show that we can anticipate a lot more life in our galaxy than previously we would have believed possible.

I wonder how strong the evidence thus far is, and what they're doing to gather more.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 08-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #591
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...to quote Rock Hudson & Pogo; "we is them".
Old 08-06-2005, 12:00 AM   #592
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, I haven't vented in quite some time, but now I feel like it because I MISS MY FRIEND SO MUCH!!!! god I miss her. This summer is so empty without her, and I still can't see her 'till she gets released next spring. It has already been soooooo long. Oh, how I wish she were here. This is the most depressing, lonely summer for me. I can't wait 'till fall courses at UCLA start, then maybe I can get distracted from my sadness somewhat. And here on the Moot it's been so empty lately, too, plus my rpg mate got pissed at me and quit our game, what a bummer. Life semi-sucks lately. But at least I'm free, and healthy. I guess that's something to be stoked about. Man, I just miss my homegirl.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 08-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #593
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Where is she?

Did anyone here read the Chronicles of Narnia? () Years ago my dad read them to me, and I vaguely remember that in one of the books a kid finds a chess piece, a knight with precious stones for eyes, except one had fallen out. In the book (or maybe just in my memory) that was rather emphasized for reasons I can't understand. But since then I've had lots of dreams out it for some reason, mostly in the few years immediately following the time I heard about it, but really I think about it on and off all the time and it's making me want to read the books again. Ah, I'm babbling. The other day, I went into my grandma and grandpa's house, which is now the "clubhouse" for grandkids and great nephews, cause its still full of alcohol. Anyway, I was there alone, and in the basement I found a rusty, short little knife, nothing fancy, and at the end of its hardwood handle was a metal carving exactly how I pictured the chess piece. I don't remember seeing it before, but I wish I knew the story behind that knife. I suspect my grandpa obtained it in the Korean War, but I know I'll never know the story. I really wish I had. Then I wasn't able to take it either, since it didn't fold and I could just walk home with it.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:49 AM   #594
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

She's in prison.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #595
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Lotesse, let's hope when she gets out that she has moved or is ready to move forward with her life, as you are trying to do. It's so easy to stand still, you keep on keepin on.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #596
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, we shall see...

Old 08-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #597
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...Indeed. Now hop over to the trivia area that awaits your input.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #598
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(I didn't mean they played gamecube for 7 hours; I meant that they didn't have to do any chores or any work for 7 hours)

I'm back after (vent) major computer crash Finally couldn't fix it myself - had to take it to a repair place.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #599
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ooooo, I know how that feels, Rian - that was me a couple months ago. Glad you're back; there's precious few of us Mooters around this summer, it's reassuring to see a veteran back on board, as they say. *who's "they"?*

Old 08-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #600
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

my 2 youngest kids that didn't feel like getting into the car and driving to their brother's football practice (yet again) - they're just a little too young to stay at home alone still ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread