Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #581
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I've read your post, BB, and I agree with a lot of it, but I disagree with a lot more - and the only reason I'm even making this post is that I don't want it said about me (wrongly) that I didn't respond because I don't care. I do care, very much - about the rpg, and even more about each individual poster.

This rpg-discussion thread and the events in it are beyond my experience - I'm going to go talk with someone with more experience.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #582
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I guess Shah's right; it DOES get like a bad soap opera here sometimes. i just wanted to support BB on some points I felt may have gone unresolved with him, because sometimes it seems certain issues here from certain people get REALLY glossed over and go unresolved, but it's true that this stuf should be a PM thing & probably I should quit trying to back people up, and just kep my mouth shut.

Thank you also to Lady M, who's cool-headed and kind and well-put words of reason in here always help things so very much.

yes the soap opera made me smile too

interesting question what is a good or a bad soap opera, though! (?)

Quote:
probably I should quit trying to back people up, and just kep my mouth shut.
is that what it will really come to?

nay, lotesse, never! - always stand by your thoughts and feelings - else what do you become - what do we all become?

people keeping their mouths shut through fear? - one example that leaps to mind is the nazi reich ... scientists experimenting with sewing chicken heads onto humans ...gas chambers ... rape, torture, genocide, dehumanisation ... whole heaps and piles of bone-only dead men, women and children ... it actually happened in reality: a real version of Breughal's 'triumph of death' ... but worse. Far worse.

many were made to be part of the machne, a society that at least in part knew of it, or some of it ... everyday people forced to keep their mouths, pens and worse, minds ... SHUT.

Do not let me hear you say that again, dear lotesse!

Is it just me .. or do we all need reminding (myself included!) that we are supposed to be in a fun, joint creative game ..a tolkien based RPG???

as you may know, what with this whole hurtful thing and some other stuff on here, i am pretty much decided to leave Entmoot - or at least take a good break from the moot - but i just think it would be nice to leave on good terms - and to arrange for dear old barli, bumble and boom to be in good hands ... lovingly looked after as they drink, snooze and bumble hapharzardly and eccentrically around ... i had planned anyway to say a christmas goodbye ... though i must confess i did wonder if never having seen the inside of moot jail would be a bad thing - though not for anything here - that may well happen elsewhere i suspect ???

but as i said, it would be nice to go on good terms and knowing the tireless threesome are in good hands ...

best all BB
Old 12-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #583
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

it's good terms as far as I'm concerned I hope you know I like you very much, BB!

Udu - I've responded to your post; please let me know if you want any edits. Thanks for your PM offer to edit your post if I wanted, but I'm just fine with it - no edits - wow!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-15-2005, 06:38 PM   #584
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Udu - I've responded to your post; please let me know if you want any edits. Thanks for your PM offer to edit your post if I wanted, but I'm just fine with it - no edits - wow!
No, Rian, your post was great. Sapthan has just responded and given Rian an opening.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:41 PM   #585
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
it's good terms as far as I'm concerned I hope you know I like you very much, BB!

that's the ticket!

now ..maybe even udu and gordis will break this deafening frozen wall of silence and share a warm mug o' mulled wine this time o' year and agree to part company this christmas on good terms?

*else it's the dreaded threat of BB's carol singing ...*

(and if anyone replies they do not respond to threats - i beleive there is a plastic ghekko around here somewhere ... btw what IS a ghekko????)

best BB
Old 12-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #586
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
as for a silly argument - either gor discusses it or she pm's ...but doing nothing but sit and seeth and ignore people and their concerns or ideas is not going to help this rpg or anyone, is it?
You are mistaken, BB, I am not seething at all. I could have been, it it were the FIRST argument with you. But it is ...the fifth? tenth? I am getting used of it. I don't really want to defend myself.

And now it has become really absurd and funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
i considered it again, to be abreach of rpg ettiquette to assume the role of creator by singlehandedly determining the flora, fauna, landscapes, feel and look of the rpg world -
I can take some blame for flora, landscapes, feel and look. But fauna? Fauna was all yours, BB ,with additions by GW.

Look, BB. I don't want to quit. I don’t want anybody quit, including you. I don’t want the game closed. Do YOU want it? As a parting gift from angry BB?
I sincerely hope not.

I think your idea about "a warm mug o' mulled wine this time o' year" was not that bad.

Udu, Rian, Wonderful posts. A pleasure to read. I would have never thought that Rian and Sapthan could interact so nicely!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:33 PM   #587
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

[QUOTE=Gordis]
Quote:
And now it has become really absurd and funny:
thankyou!
*bows*

Quote:
I can take some blame for flora, landscapes, feel and look. But fauna? Fauna was all yours, BB ,with additions by GW.
yes, i noted the lack of funny fauna on the maps ... an oversight perhaps?

Quote:
Look, BB. I don't want to quit. I don’t want anybody quit, including you. I don’t want the game closed. Do YOU want it? As a parting gift from angry BB?
I sincerely hope not.
i just want a big marrow for christmas - with it's own little garden ... and a swing ...

no of course not ... and anyway - you are not seething - and i am not angry ...

Quote:
I think your idea about "a warm mug o' mulled wine this time o' year" was not that bad.
not that bad, not that bad??? Finest goddamn mulled wine ...this side of the computer screen!

Quote:
You are mistaken, BB, I am not seething at all. I could have been, it it were the FIRST argument with you. But it is ...the fifth? tenth? I am getting used of it.
oh come on .. i could sense it .. not even a teensy little bit?

... hey! who's counting?

actually i'm struggling to get to three i think .. and not real arguments at that!
(that's my and Lotesse's forte' .eh what lotsy? )
Old 12-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #588
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Udu, Rian, Wonderful posts. A pleasure to read. I would have never thought that Rian and Sapthan could interact so nicely!
thank you - it's always nice to hear that. They're interacting nicely over their shared love of books - but I have some interesting ideas I'm going to run by Udu for my next post ...

Old 12-15-2005, 08:13 PM   #589
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Yea! Forget Tyaron, marry Sapthan!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #590
Rían

awwwww, no one loves my poor little swordsman!

well, he'll certainly be in the doghouse when he gets back - maybe I'll just kill him off after all ...

Old 12-15-2005, 09:03 PM   #591
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Yea! Forget Tyaron, marry Sapthan!
He is unmarried, but that would be a strange combination, a worshipper of Melkor and an elf of Gondolin. Is it true that opposites attract?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:19 PM   #592
Rían

Would he marry her for her book? (and then conveniently dispose of her later... )

Udu, I PMed my idea to you ... let me know what thou thinkest ...

Old 12-15-2005, 10:59 PM   #593
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Yes - I meant Monday, not Tuesday - sorry.

Gordis - I actually have something else in mind for this post - what you're thinking of will come later (and sorry I haven't gotten back on your PM - just a bit buried lately). Everyone else... I'll need a couple more posts to get in for Monday night. I'll try to get it all posted soon.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-16-2005, 01:35 AM   #594
Rían

oh, sorry, I thought Monday was (finally! ) done, and Udu and I started rpg-Tuesday already ... should we delete our posts and re-post them after you're done, or can you write it as a flash-back, or what?

Old 12-16-2005, 02:31 AM   #595
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
oh, sorry, I thought Monday was (finally! ) done, and Udu and I started rpg-Tuesday already ... should we delete our posts and re-post them after you're done, or can you write it as a flash-back, or what?
Rian, I thought Monday had come and gone and we were on Tuesday. I can always delete and repost if necessary.

Quote:
Would he marry her for her book? (and then conveniently dispose of her later... )
Udu, I PMed my idea to you ... let me know what thou thinkest ...
Sapthân is entirely capable of that. He is an avid collector of books, both new and antique. Nothing would excite him any more than a book from Gondolin. He would be quite obsessed about that. Then after he had the book, I feel sorry for Rian. He is well versed in poison, too, but he will forego using belladonna. Too easy to detect.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 12-16-2005 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 AM   #596
Rían

I think several of us thought Monday was done, but as you say, we can always delete and repost. That would probably be best - shall we do that, Val? That will make the rpg run more smoothly. I'll just make a copy of my 2 posts now, and Udu had 2 (or you can just cut out the last part of your first post and keep the nighttime part if you want, Udu - that might work better, but it's your call).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udu
Sapthân is entirely capable of that. He is an avid collector of books, both new and antique. Nothing would excite him any more than a book from Gondolin. He would be quite obsessed about that. Then after he had the book, I feel sorry for Rian. He is well versed in poison, too, but he will forego using belladonna. Too easy to detect.

My poor elves!!!

EDIT - Val, I edited out my posts 652 and 654, which were Tuesday morning, but you can just delete them, too, I think, with your amazing mod powers, right? Whatever you wish - but hurry up and post, please! Udu and I have worked up an interesting concept, IMHO and I'm dying to get our posts up!

(and Udu, you naughty thing, if you kill off Rian, I'll ask for an edit! )

Last edited by Rían : 12-16-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:01 AM   #597
Valandil

Quote:
EDIT - Val, I edited out my posts 652 and 654, which were Tuesday morning, but you can just delete them, too, I think, with your amazing mod powers, right? Whatever you wish - but hurry up and post, please! Udu and I have worked up an interesting concept, IMHO and I'm dying to get our posts up!
Huh?? Don't you mean 653 and 655??

Mod magic...

Rather than let me derail things, go ahead and put them back now. I was able to work up an extra placeholder post. I think I'll be good now.

We extended Sunday night so long... I thought I'd have PLENTY of time to work in Monday night!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 12-16-2005, 04:10 AM   #598
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
(and Udu, you naughty thing, if you kill off Rian, I'll ask for an edit! )
Rian, never would I do anything like that! Udu might, but not me. Perhaps Rian might be spared if Sapthân would actually fall in love with her, but that might take some doing. She does have that Elvish charm. *remembers Melian and Thingol* I doubt, though, that she or anyone else could ever reform him. Remember that altar he has to Melkor.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 12-16-2005 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:15 AM   #599
Valandil

Hey! Three of us FOGALs on at once!!

(with Udu apparently lurking about unseen... )

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 12-16-2005, 06:17 AM   #600
Valandil

OK Rian - and Everyone Else - I got my first one done. See post #650.

Hope to have the other very soon.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Closed Thread