Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #581
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

She's not going ANYWHERE, dammit! Please, don't you DARE bail on us, Shah; I mean it I MEAN it!! She's not going anywhere. Over my - or Viv's - dead body. I will be completely distraught if you leave, Shah, and you know it. If nothing else, stay for Raendil! and Viniglaen, who NEEDS her Raendil!! For ETERNITY! I mean it.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-05-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #582
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K. you guys, I wrote a lot this evening, and it starts at post #799 on page 40. That stupid post-hiding bug made me have to scoot the posts forward like three times, but anyway. I hope you all like it. I'm doing my best to hurry up and catch up on all the stuff I need to write. It's not really my best, but at least I'm writing.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #583
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Lotesse, great post! I enjoyed it very much.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #584
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thank you , Udu! You've no idea how much that means to me.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:32 AM   #585
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Wauu.., Lotesse, that post - Viv and Lilly - is one of the best you ever wrote. You are great at dialogue. LOVED it!

And I loved the bit about Viv's mortal moher and father...

I hope CS will continue soon!

And Shah! I really do hope you stay! And considering your desire to reduce the number of your characters, perhaps you could give Marty to LMM to lighten your load, insead of killing him??
Forgive me, if I am meddling, but I am loath to loose any one of them :Ray, Shah or Marty!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #586
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Lotesse, that was really brilliant! It was very good reading, and I like all the Lily/Viv posts. They complement each other very well.

About Tol's decision re: Lily's torture, both he and I are confused. I know he dislikes her a great deal, but doesn't hate her, partly because he's so detached from life, and partly cos of his, ahem, feelings for her. He would dearly love to see her being tortured, and would like to take part himself, only he will definitely tell the Morgul Lord, and if the former disapproves, so will Tol. He's the faithful one, after all, and right now, his loyalties lie with the ML. Anyways, lets see what happens... funny, how I ended up with a confused character without meaning to!

Earniel, I meant would you rescue Jas, as per CS's suggestion? Someone has to restore the Prof, and seeing the lovely Elf will definitely improve his dream. Maybe she, or some other FOGAL can detect the two spells on him? Because he can't go on mad forever.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 02-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #587
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Earniel, I meant would you rescue Jas, as per CS's suggestion? Someone has to restore the Prof, and seeing the lovely Elf will definitely improve his dream. Maybe she, or some other FOGAL can detect the two spells on him? Because he can't go on mad forever.
Mkay. But since she doesn't know Jas, she wouldn't come to visit him, so for de-frogging him she'd have to come across him somewhere. Even if only as far as sitting in Gordis' fountain.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #588
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

that is a brilliant suggestion , Earniel . Gordis' fountain it is! Just tell me the time... maybe Wednesday evening, rpg-Earniel moody, reading Rian's farewell, feeling lonely and forlorn, interrupted in thoughts by a croak of someone feeling just as lonely and forlorn and she herself was!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 02-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #589
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Gor's fountain!!! - brilliant!
As for Wednesday evening - perhaps Wednesday morning is better - Jas hasn't eaten till Tuesday morning! - and Earniel is an early bird. In the evening there will be mostly nazgul wandering around

Serenoli, I suggest let Tol go to the triangular house and talk with Udu. Then perhaps, if Tol feels obliged, he can go tell the Captain? I personally don't object to that.

Now I must think how to get past Buz to my love tryst...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #590
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Great posts all. Will post later.
CS & Udu, what do you thnk of the idea I PMed you with? I'll post when you let me know.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #591
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanks so much, Gordis & Serenoli! Crazy Squirrel, you're cool with the Lilly-speak in the conversation they had? You know, Orrodel House is an enormous, sprawling mansion, and there's all sorts of hidden back passages and sealed rooms, and secret windows, etcetera, so it's not too hard for Lil to sneak out of the house without running into Buz. She can tell Viv right now that she just sensed Buz coming home down in the kitchen, and ask her if she'd do her a favour and go down thereand stall him. The thing is, Viv will be loathe to do this, you know; it's the kind of thing she hates, to play games like this with friends. It's Lilly's style, but very not-Viv. But maybe she'll do Lil a favour, against her better senses, and stall Buz for a minute in the kitchen, and then later Lil will owe HER a favour of some kind!

Anyway.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #592
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
that is a brilliant suggestion , Earniel . Gordis' fountain it is! Just tell me the time... maybe Wednesday evening, rpg-Earniel moody, reading Rian's farewell, feeling lonely and forlorn, interrupted in thoughts by a croak of someone feeling just as lonely and forlorn and she herself was!
Sorry, but angst was more RÃ*an's cup of tea than mine. Last post featuring Eärniel was Wednesday morn, she had classes in late morning although it was never established whether she went to them or choose to go home instead to see how Tyaron was doing. RÃ*an and company left early Thursday morning. Choose what time you think best.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #593
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Crazy Squirrel, you're cool with the Lilly-speak in the conversation they had? You know, Orrodel House is an enormous, sprawling mansion, and there's all sorts of hidden back passages and sealed rooms, and secret windows, etcetera, so it's not too hard for Lil to sneak out of the house without running into Buz. She can tell Viv right now that she just sensed Buz coming home down in the kitchen, and ask her if she'd do her a favour and go down thereand stall him. The thing is, Viv will be loathe to do this, you know; it's the kind of thing she hates, to play games like this with friends. It's Lilly's style, but very not-Viv. But maybe she'll do Lil a favour, against her better senses, and stall Buz for a minute in the kitchen, and then later Lil will owe HER a favour of some kind!

Anyway.
Silly goose I am, Lotesse! I logged in this morning, read your posts, laughed a lot and have CLEAN FORGOTTEN! to tell you how I loved it!
AWESOME and GREAT!!!
I forgot because I was so perplexed how to sneak past Buz, because all you say about Viv is very true, I know she will hate to lie.

Please have a look how I wriggled out of it. Needless to say, I will change whatever you want.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #594
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Great posts all. Will post later.
CS & Udu, what do you thnk of the idea I PMed you with? I'll post when you let me know.
I think if both Sane and you still want to go on with the plan, it is much EASIER now to let you-know-who stay in Tharbad, instead of going on patrol. That will need changes in one post only - Sane's

Moving everything to Friday will be a mess... nothing will fit - weather, different players meeting etc.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #595
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

LMM Yes, fine, you may keep the boys.

CS & TD Nah, I have a plan for old you know who. He stays on patrol.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #596
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Crazy Squirrel, awesome writing! And I'm so glad you liked mine, too!While I love it, at the same time I'm so uncomfortable with what to do about Viv, since all of a sudden my character's doing stuff she doesn't do, and/or has never done, what with the man-games and deceit and lying-for-others. This is just stuff that literally, Viv would never do. Even if she tried, she's suck at it, and so consequently be kinda transparent & ineffective, you know? (But ONLY concerning other members of the Nine; it's a totally different story when it comes to any one else, any one not Nazgul.)

The games thing is hard for me to write. I'm thinking, that when Viv sees Aiwendis she will not play at any pretense or make any stories up, but through her silence at the right pauses and questions from Aiwendis, and also by letting Gor into her mind a little (on purpose, which'll be rare indeed for Viv to do), Gor will be able to figure out what's going on, without Viv having to break her word - technically - to Lilly. Does that make sense? Gordis, if you feel like it, maybe you could write that little scene? You know, have Aiwendis/Gor figure out from Viv a bit of Lil's "man-game" or whatnot.

Might bode ill for Lil, but eventually Gor's gonna find out anyway, and plus it's gonna be a bad night anyway for poor Lilly, so this'll be nothing, in retrospect!

Old 02-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #597
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Shah - are you leaving this RPG, and leaving your character Ray? What's going on?

Old 02-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #598
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Depends. I think I'll keep them alive. LMM can have Shah, Marty is either going to be killed, or seriously wounded and sent back home. And Ray....perhaps he wont be banished...I dont quite know.

So, Viv was actually deflowered? After all these years? Lucky man, that Raendil!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #599
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Did you read it? I hope you approve! I'd have elaborated, but I figured if you'd like to write Raendil's flashback impression of that night and their experience, it would be ideal. And she gave him that pendant; that little gift is a good-luck and lover's charm for him always to wear. Kinda like that trinket that Arwen gave Aragorn in the movie - not as cheesy, and MUCH much more important, but you get the idea.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #600
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Crazy Squirrel, awesome writing! And I'm so glad you liked mine, too!While I love it, at the same time I'm so uncomfortable with what to do about Viv, since all of a sudden my character's doing stuff she doesn't do, and/or has never done, what with the man-games and deceit and lying-for-others. This is just stuff that literally, Viv would never do. Even if she tried, she's suck at it, and so consequently be kinda transparent & ineffective, you know? (But ONLY concerning other members of the Nine; it's a totally different story when it comes to any one else, any one not Nazgul.)

The games thing is hard for me to write. I'm thinking, that when Viv sees Aiwendis she will not play at any pretense or make any stories up, but through her silence at the right pauses and questions from Aiwendis, and also by letting Gor into her mind a little (on purpose, which'll be rare indeed for Viv to do), Gor will be able to figure out what's going on, without Viv having to break her word - technically - to Lilly. Does that make sense? Gordis, if you feel like it, maybe you could write that little scene? You know, have Aiwendis/Gor figure out from Viv a bit of Lil's "man-game" or whatnot.

Might bode ill for Lil, but eventually Gor's gonna find out anyway, and plus it's gonna be a bad night anyway for poor Lilly, so this'll be nothing, in retrospect!
Lotesse, I am glad you liked my post. I will not mind if Viv spills everything to Gor. Perhaps, it will even help poor Lilly, who knows. Write it like you want, no problem with me. I only wanted Buz and Viv out of the way, to go to the secret meeting.

Shah, I think it is a good idea to give Shah and Marty to Maggie, but I hope you will at least keep Ray for Lotesse!!!!

Edit: nice post, Shah!
How are you going to attack the ships with cavalry?

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 02-06-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Closed Thread