Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #581
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I apologise 4 that, trolls' bane, I don't know what was going on with me that day when I wrote that. I am truly sorry to have sounded so mean, I read back what I wrote and honestly, I don't know what was wrong with me that day. I really don't. I feel like a schmuck for having gone off like that. Please accept my apology!
Oh, it's okay...I need a bit of a defense once in a while...Wow, I finally got to yell at someone!
Don't do it again.
*Sets fire to random car using the Force*
Old 11-06-2005, 05:20 AM   #582
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

It is 4:20 am. I just finished plotting how to do all of the Boston AND DC subway systems (hit every stop on each system) in 18 hours and 26 minutes including the flight from Boston to DC. This makes me absurdly happy.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #583
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Hmm...Any reason why you plan on doing that?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #584
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Comfect
It is 4:20 am. I just finished plotting how to do all of the Boston AND DC subway systems (hit every stop on each system) in 18 hours and 26 minutes including the flight from Boston to DC. This makes me absurdly happy.
i love that. that's what nights are for.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 11-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #585
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Just got back from wellington to see the BF's mom (my 'mom-in-law') sworn into parliament as an MP. Got to go and hobnob with all of NZ's politicians, and chat with them on an informal basis.

vent: but now my ears hurt, cos pressure really effects me badly when I'm flying in aeroplanes. Anyone got any tips on how I can avoid getting sore ears, cos I'm flying back down to Wellington next week, and I'd like to avoid getting sore ears if poss.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:45 AM   #586
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

This may help. I found that chewing gum did help assuage the pain caused from 'ear popping'. Actually, I think it stopped it from happening altogether!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #587
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
vent: but now my ears hurt, cos pressure really effects me badly when I'm flying in aeroplanes. Anyone got any tips on how I can avoid getting sore ears, (
If you have "Sudafed" and Anacin in your chemists, take those together, about 2hrs before flying it helps the eustachian tubes to dilate better. If you don't have that, try a non-drowsy decongestant, the twelve hr. kind. and take it as early as you can before flying. I know the pain it can cause and hope you get something before the flight.this is the proceedure I have to utilize to fly pain free
Old 11-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #588
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
vent: but now my ears hurt, cos pressure really effects me badly when I'm flying in aeroplanes. Anyone got any tips on how I can avoid getting sore ears, cos I'm flying back down to Wellington next week, and I'd like to avoid getting sore ears if poss.
Binkeys (pacifiers, for those not aware of Mommy-lingo) work great!

(seriously, they do, because of the constant jaw movement equalizing the pressure in the ears. But you might prefer gum, candy, or just discretely moving your jaw)

HAPPY - happy, happy, happy!!!! The harp concert is this weekend!!! Finally!!! I'm going with hubby and my parents to see an acclaimed Irish harpist in a small, private concert (80 people max) - oh, I can hardly WAIT!!!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 11-09-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #589
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
hold your nose and mouth closed and blow... this pops your ears before they get too bad
Old 11-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #590
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
If you have "Sudafed" and Anacin in your chemists, take those together, about 2hrs before flying it helps the eustachian tubes to dilate better. If you don't have that, try a non-drowsy decongestant, the twelve hr. kind. and take it as early as you can before flying. I know the pain it can cause and hope you get something before the flight.this is the proceedure I have to utilize to fly pain free
Chewing gum always helps me...try chewing it with your mouth open and smack it a lot...oh, and twirl a length of your hair around your finger and tilt your head with a 'deer in the headlights' look...Ask the flight attendant when the 'air machine' is going to drive across the sky then ask if peanuts help or hurt one's complexion...then ask if you can sit with the captain to get a better view...then realize I'm only kidding and don't frag my computer

Van Gogh had some special method...what was it now?

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:01 PM   #591
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
Van Gogh had some special method...what was it now?
*snerk*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #592
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
*snerk*
SNAP!

*walks in to check well layed spam trap, "Ahh, it was meant for Spock ...Rats

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 11-10-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #593
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

There will be no trapping of mods. Instead there will be staying on topic. *installs EarthBound-traps and puts beer and pizza in as bait*

Nehnehneh!

I'm exhausted, but happy. House is almost cleaned and dad repaired the vacuum cleaner, yay! No more using that evil, evil, evil ankle-biting excuse for a replacement vacuum cleaner!

And dad had to admit the little aquaria look much better now that I've removed some of the plants. Hah! I rule!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #594
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I'm happy because I'm home after a week in Poland ... it was a long and hard week, but I did have fun in spite of the reason for the journey (the holocaust) and was very happy to come back. I was quite sick of the food there, I think they just don't know to cook. And every dessert was with apples and raisins. Not thta my mom knows how to cook well... Anyway, I think I also needed a computer (with internet), and privacy which I didn't really have there.. and a good bed, and the warmth of Israel.. and family and friends. (the journey was with anyone who wanted to come from school, but most of my friends didn't want to come) so I'm happy. Generally.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #595
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
There will be no trapping of mods. Instead there will be staying on topic. *installs EarthBound-traps and puts beer and pizza in as bait*

HEEEEEEY! Pizza! *goes for it*
Old 11-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #596
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*headdesks*

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I am happy to announce that I finally managed to post again in the Gates of Mirkwood RPG. So get your scrawny but out of my trap and over to the RPG-forum!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:52 AM   #597
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I'm gonna take a super-sized bunch of chewing gum with me next week... I'll let you know if it works....

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll pass on the dummy, rian.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #598
Rían

Sounds like a good trip, Rad - and it's sure nice to have a good home to come back to

Oh, come ON, BoP - I've got a nice pink and purple one right here! (I saved my daughter's favorite one just for fun) What's more important, your ears or what the people around you think?

*puts icepack on Eärniel's head*

Old 11-10-2005, 09:57 PM   #599
Mercutio

I got a very good grade on my calculus test

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #600
Rían

Yay Merc!

*has fond memories of Calculus*

Closed Thread