Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #581
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Udu - Cool post; I especially liked your "smile that touched the lips but never went to the eyes," perfectly descriptive.

Gordis
- the poisons are fascinating! Viv wishes she knew more about poisonology...

Butterbeer
- loved your posts too, I ALWAYS enjoy reading your dialogue!

and everyone else, great stuff, as usual. I'll be writing soon as my homegirl Shah is able to post the race. I'm pretty sick right now anyway (oh, excuses excuses ) no but really, I am sick. The flu. And anyway, I wait for Shah.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-13-2005, 08:41 PM   #582
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Udu, another great post. So you think to bring two wives and SIX men from the East? Wauuu!

How many bottles is Udu able to drink without getting tipsy? Just curious...
Gordis,

The two wives ostensibly are cook and maid. No one in Tharbad will ever know the difference, or the tongues of the gossips will be wagging. The six men are a home security team, but will pass themselves off as servants.

How many bottles? Although his exact capacity is not exactly known, it is thought to be about six to eight. He can quickly sober up though.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:30 AM   #583
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Isn't that impressive?!

Sane and Val. I really don't see how we can continue much further without your input.
Please find time to post!

Last edited by Gordis : 11-14-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:36 PM   #584
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Do we have a teacher for military history of ME yet because Galadannun could do it. He onlty has two small classes.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #585
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Yes, maybe. I don't really know. What do the others think?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:55 PM   #586
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Go for it.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-14-2005, 01:40 PM   #587
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

forgive me, but i am sick as well. blah, i got it from my little cousin whom i was taking care of, only its hit me ten times harder. will try to post, but i am rarely coherent.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #588
Telcontar_Dunedain

I put it in my last post, but can edit it if i need to.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 11-14-2005, 02:13 PM   #589
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

okay, am trying to put up a schedule, will try to post sometime this afternoon.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 PM   #590
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Gordis- could you please add your schedule to the formal info thread, please? Those colors were very helpful!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #591
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Gordis- could you please add your schedule to the formal info thread, please? Those colors were very helpful!
If I add it now, it will be at the very end of the Info, difficult to find.

We will better ask BB to add it to the post #3 where the maps are!

Rian, There is a problem with your last post. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought there were no classes this Monday, before 10AM. All the students should have gone to the Main Hall, to the Orientation meeting at 10 AM, to get their schedules.

And then, as I see, Rian must go to Arts Department for her Jewelry Making class. Aiwendis is there already, waiting for Mahtaliel to finish with the schedules and thinking of her poisons.
Viv and Ray are not there, too late with their RACE.

So, could you, please, change your post, mention Orientation meeting and come join Aiwendis? Let's get acquainted.
Gordis
Old 11-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #592
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
If I add it now, it will be at the very end of the Info, difficult to find.

We will better ask BB to add it to the post #3 where the maps are!
That's fine, just so it's in there somewhere.

Quote:
Rian, There is a problem with your last post. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought there were no classes this Monday, before 10AM. All the students should have gone to the Main Hall, to the Orientation meeting at 10 AM, to get their schedules.
I put 10-ish on purpose, to keep it vague. From what I understood, we were supposed to go to the classes for a brief meeting with the teacher, perhaps getting a syllabus or whatever.

Quote:
And then, as I see, Rian must go to Arts Department for her Jewelry Making class. Aiwendis is there already, waiting for Mahtaliel to finish with the schedules and thinking of her poisons.
I think we need to get this straight - I've heard several different versions of where and when things are going on today. I'm operating off of we're supposed to go to the classrooms for a brief time. But whatever the group decides is fine with me, and I'll change accordingly.

Quote:
Viv and Ray are not there, too late with their RACE.
I think they would be there, because the race was at dawn. At this point, it could be written as an "earlier that day, at dawn" type of thing. PLEASE get your race in, guys!!! And then you have plenty of time to show up for your classes.

Quote:
So, could you, please, change your post, mention Orientation meeting and come join Aiwendis? Let's get acquainted.
Gordis
I'll wait for an agreement on this from the group. I had thought that Maggie said we were to go to our class briefly, and I was looking forward to talking with Prof. M. again (Maggie - I set us up, if you want to do anything with it ). Then I will look forward to being in class with Aiwendis.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-14-2005, 03:35 PM   #593
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Rian, I am basing on this announcement by LMM, so I sent Aiwendis to Mahtaliel's department, right after the Orientation. I have heard no other version yet. I based a few of my posts on that already, as did LMM, who mentioned at least twice that she had no classes before 10 this Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
To all student players, the classes start at 10:30 because it's the first day, go to whichever class is closest to that time on the schedule. If you have a 10:00 class, go to that one. If a later class, then wait and go at the normal time.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:44 PM   #594
Rían

Maybe it was in a PM, I don't remember, but I thought she had wanted me to go to the Art History one, so that's what I did. I had understood that she had wanted at least an abbreviated visit to all classes, so that's how I posted, and that's why I wrote 10-ish.

Maggie - you tell me what you want my character to do about your classes, and I'll be glad to edit however you wish.

Last edited by Rían : 11-14-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #595
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

The abbrieviated visit is to the Orientation, which is in the Main hall, to get your schedule. After that you go to whichever class you would normally be in at 10:30 on a monday. Which for you guys is Jewelry making. Art History doesn't get to happen till wendsday.

So... yeah, go to jewelry making, get aquainted with Aiwendis, hopefully Viv and Ray will show up, and I'll post something just as soon as I figure out what a good 'first day' lecture would be.

I'm really feeling the irony of this role today... in real life I've sworn never to go into education unless I'm desperate. Figures.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 11-14-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #596
Rían

Ok, Maggie - I'll go edit Too bad; I was looking forward to a little one-on-one conversation with our characters.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #597
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

We can have a one on one conversation after class if you like.

- The Crucible

Old 11-14-2005, 04:27 PM   #598
Rían

I had just set it up so perfectly, though! oh well. I'm open to that, if you'd like to post it.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:30 PM   #599
Rían

Hey, I just looked at Mahtaliel's schedule again - one of the things that I was going to bring up very soon is Tyaron's skill at graving/etching, if you would want him to do a few sessions in your sword-smithing class. That would also get him to the Uni, which would be fun. But it's up to you and whatever you think your character would do

Last edited by Rían : 11-14-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #600
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe Rian could get to the class to early, as she is a last minute accepted student and she wouldn't have known when she had to be there.

Closed Thread