Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-24-2003, 02:57 PM   #41
Elf Girl
Lurker

I don't mind them putting in 'Double double', I just think they made the song to cheerful. Hogwarts students are not the people to be singing it! Perhaps if Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange each got on one side of the portrait of Sirius's mother and sang it....
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 05:15 PM   #42
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
My other question was, what happened to Snape when someone cast some random spell on him? I don't remember that from the book either, but it has been a while.
is that the "boggart in the wardrobe" scene you mention? or does some other spell get cast on him... i only watched the trailer once all the way through because my comp. was playing it in bits and pieces and i had already been on line pushing three hours...
Old 11-24-2003, 06:05 PM   #43
Elf Girl
Lurker

I'm sure it was the boggart scene. Complete with vulture hat!
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 05:25 PM   #44
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

That bit was so funny!
It was a really freaky kinda trailor but i loved it to bits and it looks fab!! and Malfoy looks so hot in this one

I think this movie is going to be so much better than the first two!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 10:25 PM   #45
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

Yes, it's looking like it's shaping up to be really good. I had really low expectations after seeing the initial pictures (if you see my first post in this thread), but it's shaping up to be really really good.

In the lastest issue of "Entertainment Weekly," they had a few short reviews about trailers out now, and Prisoner of Azkaban is one they looked at. I guess they rate them using "A, B, C, D, or F," and they gave it an "A-" i think, so that's good!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:31 PM   #46
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I watched the official trailer for PoA again at www.harrypotter.com.

Earlier in this thread, I defended pictures of Harry and co. wearing Muggle clothes at school as it being a dress rehersal.

I was wrong - for some completely pointless reason, they are no longer wearing their uniforms, but Harry was wearing a tie for some scenes, so maybe they only wear them sometimes.

Still, a questionable trailer does not bode well for the movie. I was hoping that the new director would be better than Chris Columbus, but he seems to be worse.

But I'll reserve my final judgement for after I've seen it by pirating it off the internet, I mean renting it.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:04 PM   #47
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel

Earlier in this thread, I defended pictures of Harry and co. wearing Muggle clothes at school as it being a dress rehersal.

I was wrong - for some completely pointless reason, they are no longer wearing their uniforms, but Harry was wearing a tie for some scenes, so maybe they only wear them sometimes.
hmm, i thought in the 'boggart' scene the students were in robes, it gave only a quick glance and at first i didn't realize it was neville but i'm pretty sure they were in robes.

also in clip with draco - apparently in a classroom - making the magical little origami swan or whatever, it looked like they were in uniforms.

i'll hold out till i see it, but now i think that even if robes aren't present for the most part, i'll deal if it follows the plot. *if robes are totally gone though... there's no telling what i might do...*
Old 01-06-2004, 02:52 PM   #48
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
(I just saw the pics you all put up at the beginning of the Thread...)

I must say I'm very very disappointed... I'm not too fond of the HP movies, but I love the books... But... making them wear NORMAL clothes?! That's going TOO far! I'm just crushed... I don't think I'll ever watch another HP movie in my life...

Ahhh! And they have a new Draco! ::cries:: What is the world coming to?! Noooooo!

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...

Last edited by Akamai Deredal : 01-06-2004 at 02:53 PM.
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 03:10 PM   #49
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

actually I think it's the same kid who plays Draco in the other ones it's just that he has a different hair style and he grew a little bigger.
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:19 AM   #50
Thorin II
Elven Warrior

I'm pretty sure Malfoy hasn't changed.

What does everyone think about Gary Oldman as Sirius? He doesn't have the look I expected. Isn't Sirius supposed to a big guy?
Old 01-07-2004, 02:59 AM   #51
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorin II
I'm pretty sure Malfoy hasn't changed.

What does everyone think about Gary Oldman as Sirius? He doesn't have the look I expected. Isn't Sirius supposed to a big guy?
I alwasy pictured him with black hair....not brown
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 04:37 AM   #52
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by Arien the Maia
I alwasy pictured him with black hair....not brown
Same here, after all his name is Black.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #53
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

there's another trailer out, with a lot of new clips. you can watch them both here:
http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/we...ia_archive.jsp

i don't really know what to make of this one...
Old 04-06-2004, 07:11 AM   #54
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I think that it looks okay. Definatly better then the other two movies. It'll be good to see what the new characters are like, and if the child actors have improved at all!

What I don't get though is, what's the thing with Herm grabbing a hold of Ron's hand? I know some people think that they will be 'getting together', but even if they do, putting something like that in the movies this early doesn't really go well.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #55
Maegondowen
Enting

Well, the second trailer looks okay but just like Lalaith_Elf said what's up with Hermione and Ron holding hands??!! I hope that those two will never ever get together...

I really don't know what to make of this...

On the other hand, I have to say that I really liked the way Sybill Trelawney was portrayed. She's pretty much looked like I imagined she would.

Oh well, I guess we can do nothing but wait for June to come around.

Last edited by Maegondowen : 04-06-2004 at 09:49 AM.
Maegondowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:19 PM   #56
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I personally liked the trailer. And the part where they're holding hands. They should get together. Ron and Hermione are perfect for each other!!

One part in the trailer I liked was when Harry did the Expecto Patronum spell. Dan Radcliffe was acting for once!! Whoohoo!! Sorry. but I just don't like him. He has one facial expression.
Look at this site. It's halarious!! http://www.emma-rupert.com/Funnies.html
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Last edited by sirigorn : 04-16-2004 at 05:31 PM.
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote