Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2003, 06:52 PM   #41
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Heeheehee...Just saw it today! Very cool! Better than the first!! I counted seven strange similarities between it and LotR. Mwahaha...LOVED Magneto. yay! Magneto! Was it just me or did someone shout "Sarumaun!" right after he said they should've killed him when they had the chance????
VERY GOOD MOVIE!!!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 03:29 PM   #42
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

If anyone has'nt seen this movie,

tough luck.
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:06 PM   #43
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

It was very good. I never saw the first ne, but it had a nice comic book feel to it.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:54 PM   #44
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Overall it wasn't that bad. ( I never saw the first one) I had a few problems with it and some of the lines were a little cheesy. The plot wasn't that bad and the effects were great. But I felt a little dissappointed for an X-men movie but it was worth the time and money.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:06 PM   #45
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Similar dilemma to the LOTR movies, eh?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:46 PM   #46
Huan
Elven Warrior

Ragnarok, that you could be disappointed by this one proves that you didn't see the first one . Me, there's not a single thing I would change.
Huan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 05:16 PM   #47
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Things I would change:

1.) The costumes. OK, call me purist but I'm not into this matching leather thing.
2.) Rogue um doesn't fly?
3.) Cyclops is so much like Scott Summers... oh... that I'll keep, though I never liked him, ever!
4.) A little less wookie in Sabertooth, please (first movie).
5.) A little more Cairo in Storm's accent, please.
6.) Hey, how come Marie is suddenly not southern?

But I loved the movie and I'll see it again, at matinee price.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #48
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

MWAHAHAHAHAHA......I would like to change it so that at one point or another Magneto shouts "You shall not pass!" to someone/thing

Yay.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 07:13 PM   #49
Huan
Elven Warrior

Elfhelm: Personally, I think the lack of spandex costumes is genius. I love that they've followed suit in the comics. You couldn't get away with it with Spider-Man or Superman, but it uniquely works for the X-Men. They're a bunch of mutants: why dress like superheroes? I didn't notice much difference in Rogue's accent in the two movies. Most people have expressed the exact opposite opinion concerning Storm's accent. They hated her stilted pseudo-African accent in the first one, which is why she dropped it this time. Flight is in fact not one of Rogue's powers. Comic-book Rogue acquired the ability to fly, and her super strength, when she permanently stole the psyche of Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel. Who knows? In an upcoming movie Rogue might permanently steal the mind and powers of someone who can fly, just like the comic. That would be cool. By the way, as I said before, I quit reading X-Men in 1988, and having started back, I never see Rogue. Is she dead? What's happened to Rogue?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #50
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreran the Green
MWAHAHAHAHAHA......I would like to change it so that at one point or another Magneto shouts "You shall not pass!" to someone/thing

Yay.
Well he did say: "The War... has begun!". He just dropped the "...for Middle-Earth...".

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 05-12-2003 at 09:16 PM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:21 PM   #51
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Magneto was awesome either way. I was really excited when he sucked the iron out of the guard's blood and then rocked with it.

But alas, the movies do have the same problem as LotR.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:14 AM   #52
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Huan
By the way, the Beast was in fact in the movie: when Mystique hits on the guard in the bar, the tv shows a talking-head discussion of the "mutant problem," and one of the talking heads is Dr. Hank McCoy.
I was wondering if anyone else caught that. I looked at my girlfriend and said, "That's cool because he becomes Beast later." I want Gambit to make an appearance.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:44 AM   #53
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
I was wondering if anyone else caught that. I looked at my girlfriend and said, "That's cool because he becomes Beast later." I want Gambit to make an appearance.
I think Gambit's name was on Strycker's computer when Mystique was checking it out. There are a lot of others in there but I don't quite remember.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:06 PM   #54
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

I can't wait to see it on friday.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:58 PM   #55
Huan
Elven Warrior

I just noticed Gambit's name on the list of mutants on Stryker's computer. That scene is gonna be great for the DVD, when I can freeze-frame on that list and the desktop on the other computer, where Mystique pulls up the schematics of Cerebro and Cerebro II. So far I've noticed Project Wideawake. I bet Sentinels are somewhere on that desktop. Really, someone tell me what's happened to Rogue in the comic book.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:09 PM   #56
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Ah! Thanks for the reminder about the absorbtion of Ms. Marvel's powers and all that Kree warrior stuff. Obviously, since she is now following the TV altered universe plot instead of the original Rogue story, she's going to be a misunderstood teenager forever. I liked it better when she rebeled against authority by leavng Mystique and joining Prof X.

I haven't seen the new comics. I'm wasting my money on musical instruments instead lately.

I don't see any indication that she has left the X-men. They say she's been flirting with Gambit and they are on the Blue Team.

Anyway, and for what it is worth, I guess we'll never see that gorgeous X-Woman in skintight green and yellow spandex flying freely over billowing clouds in the movies. Tell me that wouldn't SELL! sigh...

p.s. They are showing her in red and blue now, and she was last featured in X-Treme X-Men #19, 12/2002

Last edited by Elfhelm : 05-14-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:05 AM   #57
Huan
Elven Warrior

Ah, I guess I just don't ever happen to pick up the books Rogue happens to be in. But I only regularly read Grant Morrison's anyway. I don't bother with all that ultimate and x-treme stuff. I still think they might engineer in the movies so we see Rogue flying at some point.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:54 PM   #58
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

But I hear Grant Morrison is going to turn the entire series on its head and change personalities and everything. The "New" X-Men, coordinated with the movies, as if the old X-Men never happened. That's what I was told, anyway.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:08 PM   #59
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Quote:
Originally posted by Elfhelm
Things I would change:

1.) The costumes. OK, call me purist but I'm not into this matching leather thing.
At least it's not Spandex

Quote:

2.) Rogue um doesn't fly?
Um in the comic book she flies. Remember X-men versus fantastic four? She flies in that one.

I haven't gotten to see it yet and my 'rents might not let me.
Have no idea why. Something about how Mystique is nude.

EDIT: Just noticed someone posted about your comments. Sorry

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting

Last edited by Aralyn : 05-15-2003 at 05:10 PM.
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 06:10 PM   #60
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Ok I havent gotten to see it, really busy lately, but I heard a rumor that Jean Grey dies. Is that true?