Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2003, 08:52 PM   #41
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by turtlelover
Only 15 more days of eigth grade for me !!!!!!!!!! what about all you other 8 grade goers???
well since i'm homeschooled this year i guess i'm done with school whenever i get done. the 8th grade class at my old school gets out the 23rd i think.
I have SAT's monday. i think after i'm done with those i'll just stop doing schoolwork.
Quote:
My school was tiny (64 people in my graduating class!) whereas his will be pretty big.
tiny? compared to my old school, 64's alot. there's only about 30 people per class there.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:41 PM   #42
miss_poet
Enting

I'm not in eighth grade, but I don't want to say my grade. I'm sort of young! LoL! But anyhoo, I want to be a Candystriper in high school I want to be an OB GYN when I grow uo so I figure a candystriper is a good start? Wouldn't you think?
As I look into the sky and sit and watch the stars I think of you. I wonder if you remember me the way I was or the way I am now. I know I will always keep a place for you in my heart. Even though the shadows fall and the darkness enters you will always be with me. I remember one thing about you. Your eyes. I used to look in them like pools of blue water. I could stare at them forever like the dark blue sky on a cloudy night. As I sit here still watching the stars I think of you, but the one thing I remember is your eyes.
miss_poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:53 PM   #43
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
My school was tiny (64 people in my graduating class!) whereas his will be pretty big.
We have 47 in my graduating class. But I believe that there will only be about 42 or so of us walking up on stage to get our diploma because some people didn't pass all of the stupid graduation exam. Why should some test decide how much they've learned over the last 13 years? Maybe this would be better suited to the venting thread...

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:35 AM   #44
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Okay, so it's not that small

Lots bigger than my middle school--we had about 60 something students in total!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 07:56 PM   #45
turtlelover
Elven Warrior

we graduate on this thursday!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!! we are now practicing for the graduation ceremony!!!!!!*moves tassel to the right*"freshman!!"*moves tassel to the left* "eighth grader" *moves tassel to the right*"freshman!!"*moves tassel to the left* "eighth grader" *moves tassel to the right* "freshman!!" *moves tassel to the left* "eighth grader"*moves tassel to the right*"freshman!!"*moves tassel to the left* "eighth grader"

YAY!!!!!!tassels are fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I don't know why it does this! maybe i'm allergic to bras?"-Dee
turtlelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 08:06 PM   #46
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

eh don't worry about it. I'm a freshman in high school this year - we get out on the 18th i believe. Only 10 more school days!! They are piling on the work so much it isn't even funny! 4 more "class" days, then three days where we review for FINALS (aaaah!!!) and then we get off next friday, then monday, tuesday, wednesday are our finals.

Seriously though little 8th grade dudes, don't worry. Besides the work being 10 x harder, more stress, more responibility, activities taking up way more of your time, getting up earlier, acne, the school usually being at least twice as large, IT IS WAAAY BETTER THAN MIDDLE SCHOOL, TRUST ME. :P

Middle School/Junior high sucked so majorly - worst 3 years of my life. But this whole year I have been loving high school.

People are just more mature, there is more available to do and to explore. People are more excepting of others and nicer. It is virtually impossible to not fit in - you would have to try HARD not to fit in with at least SOME group. Teachers are better too (usually). Courses actually challenging.

Its all good.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:20 PM   #47
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Well, I have already graduated and am officially out of high school now. Back to being a freshman. *sigh*

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 11:18 PM   #48
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Eh, but I've heard being a college freshmen is nothing like being a high school freshmen. No hazing, anyway, unless you plan on joining a fraternity (bleh...).

AHHH! I'm a senior. Hoo-ah. This means I'll actually have to start doing stuff, like applying to colleges and scholarship things.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:35 AM   #49
Iboen
Hobbit

aaawwwwwww. you poor little thingas. well there's no need to worry. High school is v. v. v. v. v. boring. lots of homework, yes but you get quite a bit freedom if you work hard. I'm english and in year 8 so i think i would be in, erm, 10th grade. right? sooooooooo don't worry peeps

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his throne
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all, One ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,

In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Iboen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:00 AM   #50
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Eh, but I've heard being a college freshmen is nothing like being a high school freshmen. No hazing, anyway, unless you plan on joining a fraternity (bleh...).
What? There's no real hazing as a high school freshmen you mean, right? At least in my school there isn't. Most upperclassmen'll hate you but not do anything.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:26 PM   #51
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

high school was pretty fun for me....I don't remember much bad stuff about it only that I HATED getting up at 6 every day! sadly...those days have passed *snifff* now I'm starting my 5th and final year of college! yea me!!!! anywho, good luck to all those incoming FROSH!
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 07:56 PM   #52
turtlelover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
Seriously though little 8th grade dudes, don't worry. Besides the work being 10 x harder, more stress, more responibility, activities taking up way more of your time, getting up earlier, acne, the school usually being at least twice as large, IT IS WAAAY BETTER THAN MIDDLE SCHOOL, TRUST ME.

that makes me feel SO much better!!!

"I don't know why it does this! maybe i'm allergic to bras?"-Dee
turtlelover is offline   Reply With Quote