Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2003, 04:23 PM   #41
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Found the episode (on Lurker's guide) The Geometry of Shadows

From Notes:

Elric's warning to Vir is almost verbatim from Tolkien's Lord Of the Rings, in which Gildor, an elf, tells Frodo (speaking about Gandalf,) "But it is said: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."

edit:
I found the quote I was looking for. It wasn't from Lurker's guide at all. It's actually from B5 vs. LotR .

"Of course I've read and enjoyed Tolkien. But as I've said, I have no interest in doing LoTR with the serial numbers filed off." (J. Michael Straczynski, March 21, 1995)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-16-2003 at 06:06 PM.
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:52 PM   #42
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Curiouser and curiouser! I never realised just how many references there are to LOTR in B5. I have to get off in 7 minutes. Gotta go and read some of the other threads now.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:03 PM   #43
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

You here yet, Nurvingiel? Do you like Zathras? I think he's really funny! But the best is Garibaldi. I'll be around......
Old 03-21-2003, 05:14 PM   #44
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Zathras is so aweseome!

"No one listens to Zathras. Even Zathras does not listen to Zathras." (War Without End)

I think he has nine brothers or something like that.

Right now, Garibaldi is my favourite character. I like how he's compared with Daffy Duck. I love Daffy Duck! It's a great character foil.

Garibaldi's favourite things in the universe:

1. A mint condition 1992 Kawasaki Ninja
2. Merrie Melodies cartoons, especially Daffy Duck
3. Tea
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #45
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Zathras

I think he was a unique character who dressed like "the three tailed Pasha of Panshagorahm".
As for Daffy, wasn't G'Kar told he was one of our gods-before he embarked on his search for Michael and went into his quarters.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:37 PM   #46
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What episode did the Daffy thing happen in? That's so funny! Garibaldi might say something like that... ^_^
Quote:
Old 03-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #47
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Daffy Duck

Well it is "hour of the wolf" where the scene with the picture of Daffy Duck appears above Garabaldi's bed. Zach tells G'Kar that
Daffy Duck was the god of frustration.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:31 AM   #48
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Excitement! That's the next episode that my friends and I are going to watch. Yes, I have friends. Friends who love B5 no less.
Quote:
Old 03-27-2003, 08:20 PM   #49
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Zathras is so aweseome!

"No one listens to Zathras. Even Zathras does not listen to Zathras." (War Without End)

I think he has nine brothers or something like that.

Right now, Garibaldi is my favourite character. I like how he's compared with Daffy Duck. I love Daffy Duck! It's a great character foil.

Garibaldi's favourite things in the universe:

1. A mint condition 1992 Kawasaki Ninja
2. Merrie Melodies cartoons, especially Daffy Duck
3. Tea
4. Italian food.
The God of Frustration ROXS! You are SO lucky to have friends who like B5!
I love it when Garibaldi and Lennier ride the Kawasaki Ninja in the corridor! That was so AWESOME!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 02:30 PM   #50
Orion
Enting

Oh, I love Babylon 5! It´s awesome that here´s a whole thread dedicated to it!

We had the show on TV here some years ago, and I watched every episode, but as I´m a blonde, I taped only one season.. but anyways, that´s by far my fave show.
My favorite character is Marcus, and I was so mad when
... using spoiler tags just in case ... they killed him off and brought Byron to his place
. I liked him a lot! My other favorites are Garibaldi, I love his cynical attitude to everything, and G´Kar.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:49 PM   #51
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Marcus *is* very cute. He looks a lot like Strider, doesn't he?
Old 03-28-2003, 05:19 PM   #52
Orion
Enting

Oh yes, he does look quite a lot like Strider.. that´s never a bad thing. And even their personalities are somewhat alike, even though Marcus is all jokes and stuff on the surface, but he does have that Strider-like determination under that. *I´m making so much sense again..*
Old 03-28-2003, 11:48 PM   #53
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Welcome to my world, Orion! Sweet, another Garibaldi fan! And of COURSE Marcus looks like Aragorn. But Aragorn is a better character and better-looking.
*Holds out hand to BoP* Peace?
Old 03-29-2003, 06:36 AM   #54
Orion
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Estel13
Welcome to my world, Orion! Sweet, another Garibaldi fan!
Nice to meet another B5 fan - I don´t know many of them, no one in the real "off line" life..
How could I not be a Garibaldi fan.. before Marcus came to the show, I totally loved Garibaldi. His friendship with Sinclair was really nice.
-Garibaldi had hair in the first season episodes, didn´t he? What happened to them later? I somehow missed that part. <- that just popped to my mind..

I actually like Marcus not just for his cuteness but because what kind of person he is.. his whole life seemed to be really unlucky, poor man.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:37 PM   #55
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I love Garibaldi! He's a gourmet cook, impressive. The meal he made for stupid Dr. Franklin when he was trying to help Franklin with stims looked sooo good.

I got really mad when Franklin burned him about his previous addiction to alcohol.

"Just because you never met a bottle you didn't like. I'm sorry, that was out of line." - Franklin.

Damn right it was you stim shooting self riteous jerk! *Mutters angrily* I'm a big fan of Garibaldi, and I think everyone is too mean to him! Good thing he has friends like G'Kar. I also love G'Kar.

The scene where Lennier and Garibaldi ride the Kawasaki down the hallway is the best Orion! And you were making sense the entire time. Maybe we live in the same alternate (B5) dimension. I wish we got to see more of that bike. At least Garibaldi gets to build the engine.
Quote:
Old 03-29-2003, 07:55 PM   #56
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I love Garibaldi! He's a gourmet cook, impressive. The meal he made for stupid Dr. Franklin when he was trying to help Franklin with stims looked sooo good.

I got really mad when Franklin burned him about his previous addiction to alcohol.

"Just because you never met a bottle you didn't like. I'm sorry, that was out of line." - Franklin.

Damn right it was you stim shooting self riteous jerk! *Mutters angrily* I'm a big fan of Garibaldi, and I think everyone is too mean to him! Good thing he has friends like G'Kar. I also love G'Kar.

The scene where Lennier and Garibaldi ride the Kawasaki down the hallway is the best Orion! And you were making sense the entire time. Maybe we live in the same alternate (B5) dimension. I wish we got to see more of that bike. At least Garibaldi gets to build the engine.

Garibaldi did have really short hair (and a receding hairline) in the first season, but I think he shaved his head in the fifth season. Or mid-fourth. I'm not at that point in my re-watching marathon.
Quote:
Old 03-29-2003, 08:09 PM   #57
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Actually, when Ivanova is hiring those smugglers, she says something about, "You didn't know that was in that bottle would make Mr. Garibaldi's hair fall out. At least, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it." I like him better without hair, myself.
Speaking of Ivanova.......
Quote:
Boom-shaka-laka, boom-shaka-laka! You didn't call, you didn't write! I think you did it just for SPITE!
Who else here loves that scene? Come on, be honest now!
And at that point, Franklin WAS a stim-shooting, self-righteous jerk. If I could, I'd call him something a little stronger, myself. THERE'S a surprise.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:36 AM   #58
Orion
Enting

Ok, when you were talking about those smugglers, Estel, I actually started to remember that scene. I prefer him hairless too, he looks much better that way.

Aww, I always liked Franklin. He´s such a good doctor who is really devoted to his work and doesn´t care what race his patients are. And he probably hasn´t always been such a stuck up jerk like in his youth when he was hitchhiking in the space - that was something that I´d had wanted to know more. I didn´t really mind the stim thing - it brought some humanity to his character. -- But he was unnecessarily mean to Garibaldi, I think.

Nurvingiel, the Kawasaki episode was just great.. I´d never had thought that Lennier and Garibaldi would find something in common.

Quote:
Boom-shaka-laka, boom-shaka-laka! You didn't call, you didn't write! I think you did it just for SPITE!
That was the most hilarious Ivanova moment I remember! God, I was laughing like an idiot when I saw that.. It would had been nice if she had had more comedy scenes, as she was so good in them. Those little sarcastic remarks she had a lot were great too.. "no boom today, boom tomorrow. There is always a boom tomorrow".. *L*
Old 03-30-2003, 07:25 PM   #59
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I totally love that scene too! It was absolutely hilarious, I was laughing uncontrollably during that scene. I really like Claudia Christian, she's a good actor. Another great scene is in "Voices of Authority" (3x05) where she projects herself into Sheridan's room using Draal's holographic system, only to find Julie Musante buck naked, trying to seduce him! The expression on her face... I was in tears. And then she makes that hilarious crack, "Well, it looks like you're about to go where everyone's gone before." And then she disappears before Sheridan can retort. There was some really good dialogue in that scene. Those guys have some really good chemistry.

Okay, Franklin isn't that bad. I think he's cool how he isn't racist at all, but he still imposes his own culture on anyone if there's a conflict. He doesn't care what race you are, as long as you agree with him in an issue of moral conflict.

But he certainly has redeeming qualities, because he's not one dimensional, like all B5 characters.

He's very smart, determined, and does cool things like the starship hitch-hiking that you mentioned. Plus, he wouldn't let his notes be used to build biological weapons in the war. Boo ya Franklin. Also his connections with the underground spoke well for him. He risked a lot to help telepaths, and it looks like it might come up again in Season 4 - no spoilers please!

I guess the trouble with Franklin is it's not that he's bad, it's just like I like all the other characters better. But he does sleep with random women sometimes.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2003, 07:53 PM   #60
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nurvingiel
[B]I totally love that scene too! It was absolutely hilarious, I was laughing uncontrollably during that scene. I really like Claudia Christian, she's a good actor. Another great scene is in "Voices of Authority" (3x05) where she projects herself into Sheridan's room using Draal's holographic system, only to find Julie Musante buck naked, trying to seduce him! The expression on her face... I was in tears. And then she makes that hilarious crack, "Well, it looks like you're about to go where everyone's gone before." And then she disappears before Sheridan can retort. There was some really good dialogue in that scene. Those guys have some really good chemistry. (End Quote)

If Sheridan had retorted, I would have been found dead on the floor, because I had a heart attack from laughing so hard! Orion, I too, was laughing like an idiot. My dad was looking at me like I had, well, like I had grown another head or something! Her sarcasm is so kewl! I'm sarcastic myself, sometimes. I thought it was so funny when Sheridan kissed her, for God's sake!, to keep her from seeing the Ivanova hologram. Classic moment, that. Write back quick!
E