Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2003, 05:45 PM   #41
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
Will heads fly from the orc catapults? I think PJ would insist on it.
I hope so! That would be sooooo coooool!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:19 PM   #42
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Re: Re: the Wild Men

Quote:
Originally posted by Foul_Dwimmerlaik
If you search under "Return of the King" on IMDB you'll find an actor listed for Ghan-buri-ghan, so he's in it and has lines. There isn't anybody listed for Imrahil, so methinks he's gone the way of Bombadil, Glorfindel and Erkenbrand. Perhaps Faramir won't get himself nearly killed and he'll take on Imrahil's role as adjunct leader of Minas Tirith, which is what he would have been had he not gotten wounded so badly.

NOOOOOO!! That sucks! I want Imrahil damnit!!
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:21 PM   #43
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Will heads fly from the orc catapults? I think PJ would insist on it.
I highly doubt it, because I read an interview with PJ before TTT came out and he said they edited some scenes where orc heads were being chopped off so they could keep the PG-13 rating, however he said they will be in the DVD which would be rated R. So, if that is the case, don't expect to see them in the feature film until the DVD comes out for RotK
Old 01-06-2003, 07:00 PM   #44
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

Yes it is true (eowyngirl14) that i did see a pic of what seemed to be shelob on theonering.net. ive got it on my moms computer, but im not sure if it really is shelob from the movie or if it's just a picture drawn by some artist or fan. so if someone would tell me how to put the little pics below my username i could show everyone.

(ahem..........eowyngirl14................. you wouldnt get to my sorry little neck because i wouldve gotten to u first!!)
Old 01-06-2003, 07:15 PM   #45
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

i have partial proof that there is a possibility that the scouring of the shire may be included in Rotk. in the making of the movie trilogy book, there is a pic of a miniature shabby looking mill (which may have been used to some extent in the Fotr in the mirror of Galadriel) its a possibility that the mill will be seen in Rotk and that the scouring of the shire will be included!
Old 01-06-2003, 07:16 PM   #46
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

those of you who have seen the extended dvd version of Fotr............................ did sam recieve his gift from Galadriel??? if so, that can be another reason for the scouring of the shire being included in Rotk
Old 01-06-2003, 07:27 PM   #47
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I think we have an actualy answer as to when the 3rd film starts, check this out:

This is from Tolkien Online;

Third Film Opens With Narsil Being Reforged
FILMS: The third film starts with the reforging of Narsil in the foundry of Rivendell. Arwen then brings it to Aragorn's encampment, before he heads off for Gondor.
BOOKS: Narsil is reforged into Aragorn's sword Anduril before the Fellowship sets out from Rivendell in the first book. The third books opens with Gandalf and Pippin riding to Minas Tirith.
PRO: Anduril is a good visual device representing Aragorn's decision to reclaim the throne of Gondor, and thus its reforging is better suited to the third film.
CON: This change does not represent Tolkien's work.
SUPPORTED BY:

Here are links to prove it:

Ringbearer Footage Preview 5/4/01 (first report)

AICN Peter Jackson interview 2/19/02 (confirmation)

Jersey Tolkien Online Messageboard Post 8/12/02 (details)

Of course any of this could change, but these seem to be coming from reliable sources

Here is the link of the site I got it from, also if you scroll down they speak of Shelob, who is IN FACT in the 3rd movie

http://www.tolkienonline.com/movies/changes_rotk.cfm
Old 01-06-2003, 07:47 PM   #48
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel The Hobbit Movie?

I know that every one is talking about the RotK movie but has n e one heard if there is going to be a movie on The Hobbit?
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:04 PM   #49
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Re: The Hobbit Movie?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
I know that every one is talking about the RotK movie but has n e one heard if there is going to be a movie on The Hobbit?
Nope, haven't heard anything, but that would rule!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-06-2003, 08:05 PM   #50
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
Originally posted by Evenstar1400
those of you who have seen the extended dvd version of Fotr............................ did sam recieve his gift from Galadriel??? if so, that can be another reason for the scouring of the shire being included in Rotk
Sam got rope... as his gift.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:28 PM   #51
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnadain
Here are links to prove it:
My eyes!!! The spoilers... they're burning!!!

I couldn't have waited 'til dec anyway, so thanks.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 01-06-2003, 08:30 PM   #52
eowyngirl14

Gandalf

Sam should have gotten his box of dirt! It is sybolic! BUt as I read in a different thread, if he doesn't get it, then what will he plant his tree with after the scouring of the shire... what does scouring mean anyway? That has been bugging me...a lot!

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-06-2003, 08:32 PM   #53
eowyngirl14

Gandalf

Quote:
Originally posted by Evenstar1400
Yes it is true (eowyngirl14) that i did see a pic of what seemed to be shelob on theonering.net. ive got it on my moms computer, but im not sure if it really is shelob from the movie or if it's just a picture drawn by some artist or fan. so if someone would tell me how to put the little pics below my username i could show everyone.

(ahem..........eowyngirl14................. you wouldnt get to my sorry little neck because i wouldve gotten to u first!!)
Well, accualy, I think I found the same pic. os Shelob, it loolks more like a photograph than an artists rendition! No... I would have gotten to you first!!!

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-06-2003, 08:34 PM   #54
eowyngirl14

Gandalf

Quote:
My eyes!!! The spoilers... they're burning!!!

I couldn't have waited 'til dec anyway, so thanks.
Is it worth the movie being spoiled to go to those sites? I can't decide if I want to or not...

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-06-2003, 08:44 PM   #55
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
Is it worth the movie being spoiled to go to those sites? I can't decide if I want to or not...
You never know if they are true, but many I heard before TTT turned out to be true. I think it may have prepped me for the changes, but then I'm a bit purist anyway. Bottom line... can you wait? Then you might as well.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 01-06-2003, 08:49 PM   #56
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Well also there is no such thing as a spoiler if you've already read the book anyway, plus if what we read comes to be true it is just thoughts of what it will be like, but nothing like the final peice of art it becomes...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-06-2003, 08:59 PM   #57
Merlin
Hobbit

Gandalf I am the Wilted Rose of Lothlorien

(The Gollum Emicom Looks like Yoda. In the Face anyways.)
Where was Arwen going? Was the Director wrecking the movie more than it was already messed up. I don't know because this man in front of us was doing a play by play. The Elves weren't meant to leave yet. And Arwen isn't meant to leave at all. ( When I said that man was doing the play by plays, I mean he was catching every mistake and criticizing it.) Good movie otherwise.

I run unchecked through my house. (scary thought)

Get your butt in here Courtney!
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 10:46 PM   #58
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

well i hope that there is a movie of the hobbit. if they do make a movie i'll be interested to see smauge ( i mean the dragon for those who can't interperate my spelling. too bad they dont have a blushing face in the smilies) and the spiders.oh and i'll be glad to see more of the dwarves too. I really liked there costume/outfit's in the movie but you didnt get to see much of them. and i want too see beorn too. so i do hope they make the movie.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #59
eowyngirl14

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
well i hope that there is a movie of the hobbit. if they do make a movie i'll be interested to see smauge ( i mean the dragon for those who can't interperate my spelling. too bad they dont have a blushing face in the smilies) and the spiders.oh and i'll be glad to see more of the dwarves too. I really liked there costume/outfit's in the movie but you didnt get to see much of them. and i want too see beorn too. so i do hope they make the movie.

NOOOOOOO! NOt the spiders!!!!

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-07-2003, 05:35 PM   #60
eowyngirl14

Gandalf

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnadain
Well also there is no such thing as a spoiler if you've already read the book anyway, plus if what we read comes to be true it is just thoughts of what it will be like, but nothing like the final peice of art it becomes...
Yes there can, if PJ decides to change the plot again... and maybe I don't want to see what the new charecters will look like!! They migth hae pictures!! I have read the books!

- Benjamin Franklin