Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2003, 12:08 AM   #41
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

Gandalf

It would be awsome to be an elf. To be immortal, well that is a very cool idea because than I'd do crazy things like jump out of airplanes because I know that If I die I will always come back.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:30 PM   #42
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

I want the ears. Pointy ears would be awesome!
Old 01-06-2003, 10:35 PM   #43
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

"To be immortal, well that is a very cool idea because than I'd do crazy things like jump out of airplanes because I know that If I die I will always come back."

doesnt matter if im mortal or not, i do crazy stuff like that anyway.

To Do List:
Go Caving: Check!
Go Rock Climbing: Check!
Go Repelling: Check!
Go Skydiving: havent tried it, looks awesome
Go Bungy Jumping: havent tried it, looks awesome, parents wont let me
Old 01-16-2003, 04:20 AM   #44
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Elf

I like being myself too... but being an elf would be very cool because of their long life and their connection with trees. They can deeply understand the forest, because they can actually watch it change and evolve over time. Elves are wise stewards of the forest.
I also appreciate the many physical qualities of elves - excellent balance, great sight and hearing, and above all, pointy ears.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:46 PM   #45
~Gollum13~
Sapling

Gollum

I don't want to be an elf. Hobbits rule. Gollum does too, considering he was a hobbit.
~Gollum13~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:14 PM   #46
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

I don't care about the race, i just wanna go to Middle Earth!!!!! I sit there praying that I'll blink and find myself sitting at the feet of the Argonath. No I don't mind whether I'm Man, Elf, Dwarf or Hobbit (no orcs please)!
Elvedans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:03 AM   #47
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I don't want to be an elf and live forever....I think that I most like the elves in the way that they love nature but if I had to be an immortal creature in Tolkien's world...then I choose to be the vala Yavanna.....I guess that's OT...sorry!
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:35 AM   #48
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Elf boys look like girls
Untrue:

there was nothing filmy or transparent about the heroic or majestic Eldar of the Third Age of Middle-earth. in a wrathful comment on a "pretty" or "ladylike" pictorial rendering of Legolas: He was tall as a young tree, lithe, immensely strong, able swiftly to draw a great war-bow and shoot down a Nazgl, endowed with the tremendous vitality of Elvish bodies, so hard and resistant to hurt that he went only in light shoes over rock and through snow, the most tireless of all the Fellowship." JRRT

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:40 AM   #49
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
If Men were immortal would you be one
If were myself I would not mind being immortal IF I also had their immunity to disease.

One does not have to be an elf to like bows, trees, arts and lore.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #50
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Strider

elves get to live right in the heart of nature. i wouldn't care if they wern't immortal. ever since i read the books ages ago i've wanted to be an elf. to fight and to love the earth. to be borne out of it then return to it (if i was killed in battle)......... and i look like an elf - apparently.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:57 PM   #51
Narsil's Master
Elven Warrior

I would want want to be an elf because they are skilleed with the bow i would love that skill

well your on fire now. go team fencing!!!!

fingolfin rox elven sox
Narsil's Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:00 PM   #52
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
elves get to live right in the heart of nature. i wouldn't care if they wern't immortal. ever since i read the books ages ago i've wanted to be an elf. to fight and to love the earth. to be borne out of it then return to it (if i was killed in battle)......... and i look like an elf - apparently.
Wow! You do?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:32 AM   #53
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Wow! You do?

(sorry it's early in the morning here, and i've been travelling so i'm a bit behind)
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 02-16-2003, 06:59 AM   #54
Gryphon Hall
Sapling

Gandalf Elves are over-rated

Elves are over-rated. Yup.

So, they are immortal, never get sick, get reborn if they die, handsome, beautiful, pointy-eared, strong, agile, and the like.

But they are a mighty prejudiced bunch. They called the dwarves the Naugrim, meaning 'stunted'; in the vernacular, that would be 'shorty'.

They called men Hildor (meaning 'The Followers' coz they were first, see), Apanonar ('After-born'; they are really stuck with being the first, aren't they), Engwar and Firimar('Sickly' and 'Mortal'; wow, rub it in whydoncha), and other names like 'Usurpers', 'Strangers', 'Inscrutable', 'Self-cursed', 'Heavy-handed' (so they are not as agile as Elves, big deal) and 'Night-fearers'. Why all the name-calling?

And they are not the pure beings they seem, most of the grief in Middle-earth began with them (the Kinslaying, the Elven Rings, to say the least) and are known to be jealous, envious, and very, very proud. Sounds like the Middle-earth version of jocks and cheerleaders to me. I mean, really; don't they?

So, even though some elves rose out of their being too high and mighty and actually did a lot of good, as a race they are still over-rated.

Me, I wanna be Arnorian Edain or first-generation Numenorean...

... who gets to marry some Sindar, hee-hee.
Gryphon Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 07:05 AM   #55
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

thats an insult:

jocks and cheerleaders

they only call them all those names because they have such a hard time. anyway who likes dwarves??????? the only one i like is gimli, who grew on me as i read the books for the third time.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:23 AM   #56
Gryphon Hall
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

Sorry, wasn't my intent to insult. It was just the first thing that came to mind, you know, beautiful, athletic, smart people that look down on others. I apologize.

But don't I have a point? I mean, its not all trees and nature amongst most elves. There were also weapons, wars, betrayal and stuff. By the time of the War of the Ring the only elves left alive were the good elves; and they were leaving, too.

And orcs were once elves, too, weren't they? Sorry. Not trying to be contentious. Pax?
Gryphon Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:59 AM   #57
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

yep, orcs used to be elves, until they were tortured and made to hate their own kind.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:03 PM   #58
Hornblower
Sapling

Treebeard

Come on people you don't want to be an ELF you WANT to be and ENT. I mean come on havent you always wanted to be a large tree that can rip rock apart that would be the shiz.
Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 12:17 PM   #59
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

hmmmmmmmm i'd rather be an elf...... though i do talk to trees though. i hug them too...... my friends just kind of run away at that point but i don't mind, cos i'm mad anyway
Old 02-16-2003, 03:36 PM   #60
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I wouldn't mind being a hobbit either.

1) no shoes
2) hobbit hole
3) numerous meals per day
4) very good food
5) relaxed attitude

If I was a hobbit, I'd probably be a Took, because I like very un-hobbit like adventures.

Edit: Plus I'd live in a beautiful coutry in the north. Canada is also a beautiful northern country, just different geographically.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote