Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2002, 08:48 PM   #41
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

OK, I've edited my post...I'm being nice by extending the deadline!!
Tessar...I'm not excatly sure myself I have a Mac with itunes so I can't exactly help you out..I think that maybe if you send in a wav file, mp3.com will convert it for you?? I don't know. I guess I'd better work that out...so much for being all organized!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:27 AM   #42
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
OK, I've edited my post...I'm being nice by extending the deadline!!

I guess I'd better work that out...so much for being all organized!
THANK YOU. *bows down*.

Well, naturaly you can't be ready for everything. I'm sure it will work out fine one way or another.

I hope Bmilder is proud of himself. Making a websight and board that inspired us to make music *snicker* or at the very least allows us to get together and plan easily .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:24 PM   #43
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88

myself
samwise of the shire
Renille
Ms Undomial
Elenka
Garina
Laurelyn
Radagast the Brown
ArwenEvenstar
Tessar
frodosgirlfriend
IronParrot[/B]

Hey, what about me!?!?
Old 10-18-2002, 12:36 PM   #44
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

oops! *bonk glad*.

I'm sure it was a mistake.

*EDIT*

Oh ya,

I GOT A NEW MIC!!! LET THE MANGLING BEGIN!!!! *crazy cackles*.

Last edited by Tessar : 10-18-2002 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:08 PM   #45
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I checked and I have problems. See, my frind don't have mp3... he have a new music program. His father works in a computer company.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 05:32 PM   #46
galadriel88

Okay, could someone with a little more computer knowledge help Tessar and Radagast out? I really don't know how to help them...

Ooops....sorry Finrod! *scuttles off in shame to edit her post*

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 10-18-2002, 08:55 PM   #47
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok guys, slight problem with MP3. You have to be 18 to put anything up as an Artist.

SO I went looking around for a free web hosting and (ta da!) I found that Tripod (while maddningly slow to edit) alows you to put songs up.

So my thought is that we can all make little tripod sights and show our music off. Criteque (sp) it for each other maybe. And then get the finnished stuff up on MP3 by some one 18.

Anyone?

(This is the Tripod thing)
Old 10-18-2002, 09:30 PM   #48
galadriel88

Well I just checked it out and signed up and it's really easy, so I think that's what everyone should do. Thanks Tessar! Now, to convert files into mp3's...this will be a challenge...

Old 10-19-2002, 09:17 AM   #49
Garina
Elf Lord

AAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! Someone has stolen the microphone!!!!!!!!!!!! Curses!
I will try and get access to some form of recording device soon.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 03:24 PM   #50
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Now I know tha for some of use this won't work very well. But I think that we should all work our hardest to have a sample of our singing up by saturday of next week at the very last.
Old 10-19-2002, 05:26 PM   #51
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Hmm... the only sample of mine I have on my computer right now is a not-very-good take on the Eagles I recorded ages ago... but I suppose I have nothing else to offer, so I'll put it up somewhere. The guy who used to host all my web content no longer has his web server up, so I'll need to find an alternate place... or just put it up on MP3.com (I'm of age... I can take care of that sort of thing)
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 05:52 PM   #52
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
or just put it up on MP3.com (I'm of age... I can take care of that sort of thing)
Lucky you .
Old 10-19-2002, 05:59 PM   #53
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Okay guys, I just created an "Entmoot" album page under my account at MP3.com. Setting it up now.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 10-19-2002, 06:18 PM   #54
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*bow* Thanks IP!! I should be able to get my may it be (only the first half ) up by tonight. Unless tripod won't let me... I hate web editors....
Old 10-19-2002, 06:27 PM   #55
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Ooh, problem.

I just tried to upload my vocals sample, and it wouldn't let me, because my mp3 was encoded in mono, not stereo.

Please make sure you encode in 128kbps stereo, or I can't put it up.

Hmm... I wonder what I'll do with mine now, since my CD-ripper isn't working...

Old 10-19-2002, 06:28 PM   #56
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
If anyone wants to put my sig to song then you can use that. Just make sure I am mentioned.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 06:35 PM   #57
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
Sorry just wanted to add that i will add more to the poem.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 06:46 PM   #58
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok!! I managed to get tripod to work with me (yeesh). So here is the first half. The full thing was 25 MB so I cut it in half. It's about 11 MB and it isn't my very best (close, but I can do a LITTLE better). Uh.... Enjoy?...

*in neon colors* CLICK HERE
Old 10-19-2002, 10:02 PM   #59
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well... So much for my idea of trying to do my b-day pressy as a background for may it be.

The flute I orderd is here, a week late because they had to make it and now I find it's actualy two octaves higher than I wanted because I thought that D was lower than C. Oh well.

Can't even get a new one because I would have to admit and then my parents would feel bad.

Oh well .
Old 10-19-2002, 10:39 PM   #60
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Hey Tessar, it's currently in WAV... I can convert it to MP3 for you, and that will cut the file size down significantly.

If you want to put up the 25MB file, do so... I can trim it. Unless Tripod doesn't let you. Then I'll find a program that you can use to convert it to MP3 yourself.

On another note, I managed to fix the thing with my own music, so it'll be up soon...